Do you plan on ever getting married?

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Stupid question.

No one should plan on getting married until they've already found a suitable candidate for marriage.

Failure to follow this rule of thumb is responsible for 90% of the miserable relationships in America today.

yeah, but sometimes you have to take a chance. I have been in the game for 15 years I can assure you most of us will never find our soulmate. Is it better to be 60 years old and alone or to be 60 with a wife and grandchildren. I would not want to be alone.

Married people are happier than single people. Most single guys that have never been married and are 40 and over tend to be a little on the wierd side. Most guys who are very desirable towards woman have been married by the time they are 40.

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No I don't plan on it...

I'm open to it however, but it all depends on who you meet now doesn't it?

Todays world is an information jungle. Those with the capacity to process it, lose their faith in the opposite sex, and those who don't have the capacity to process is remain stranded in an emotionally immature state.

Either way you aren't dealing with a person, you're dealing with emotional baggage and defense mechanisms.

The day you find yourself in a relationship with an actual person, is the day you 'might' consider marriage, or long term commitment... until then it is and remains certified russian roulette.

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I plan to but am not sure when it will happen. Probably around 35 years old if I feel like it.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, when and only when the law becomes fair to men in marriage & divorce. Luckily, I'm only 25 so there's plenty of time to wait for that day and do something about it so that it will come.

Nelford

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you leave it up to most men, there will never be a wedding. To me it's just a big show for the women and then once you spend all the money for the wedding and find that you are in debt after you both will be fighting on financial matters that could have been avoided if you would have taken the money and invest in the future such as buying a house.

I don't know if I want to be married. I have a lot of female friends that I grew up with and I watch them and their friends step out on their husbands and boyfriends. It's terrible where the loyalty have went in relationships.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nelford said:
If you leave it up to most men, there will never be a wedding. To me it's just a big show for the women and then once you spend all the money for the wedding and find that you are in debt after you both will be fighting on financial matters that could have been avoided if you would have taken the money and invest in the future such as buying a house.

I don't know if I want to be married. I have a lot of female friends that I grew up with and I watch them and their friends step out on their husbands and boyfriends. It's terrible where the loyalty have went in relationships.

Over the last month or so I feel pretty good being single. I am totally happy being single. Maybe Marriage is not in my cards. But I think its better to give it a shot than live in regret. I don't want to be 65 and think man I should have gotten married.

I agree with you about weddings. Me personally I would not want to have one. Its all for show and its all for the woman.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
yeah, but sometimes you have to take a chance. I have been in the game for 15 years I can assure you most of us will never find our soulmate. Is it better to be 60 years old and alone or to be 60 with a wife and grandchildren. I would not want to be alone.

Married people are happier than single people. Most single guys that have never been married and are 40 and over tend to be a little on the wierd side. Most guys who are very desirable towards woman have been married by the time they are 40.
Or how about 60 years old, with your life savings drained from child support and alimony payments to 2 ex-wives who have brainwashed your kids to hate you?

There are social outlets for most anybody. They might not involve banging 20something girls, but if you have any value and sociability, you will not be truly alone if you do not wish to be.

I do think a lot of people marry insincerely because they don't want to be alone, even though they aren't with someone with whom they really want to commit ... like the now-infamous woman on "Moment of Truth."

Last edited:

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
yeah, but sometimes you have to take a chance. I have been in the game for 15 years I can assure you most of us will never find our soulmate.
If it makes anyone feel better, I feel as if I have found a few soul mates.

Just not one who turned into a romantic partner...

To me a soul mate is someone who's "soul" mirrors your own. It is the best connection and feeling to ever have, and I do feel lucky to have met a few in my lifetime.

Now if I meet one who can go a bit further... that would be amazing.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
If it makes anyone feel better, I feel as if I have found a few soul mates.

Just not one who turned into a romantic partner...
I think that happens for a lot of people. I've had some close calls for both ... maybe even did find them, in retrospect, but we were just going in different directions at least at the time ... I've had terrible timing of my best relationships.

In addition to the "soul mate" compatibility (which I've had mostly with friends), and the sexual chemistry (which I've had mostly with people who were hardly "soul mates"), there needs to be the directional compatibility...

All in all, it's a pretty tall order. And the more eccentric a person is and more unconventional their path, the more difficult...