Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you look girls up on social media after you've approached them?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. I like to get an assumption about the woman. If she has 4000 FB friends, she needs a lot of online attention. I will not friend her. The last one friended me. I will not become one of her FB supplicants. I will change tactics with her if needed. I also look them up on mylife to see whether or not she’s been arrested, evicted, etc. I don’t necessarily dump her because of negative information but I want to gain some insight. I should add that I am an executive recruiter so formulating an idea about people is in my profession.
The more Instagram followers, the less I'm interested.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It definitely works this way. I’ve had chicks look me up after I’ve gone on a date with them. We have zero friends in common and suddenly they’re at the top of my “people you may know” list. And I have no number linked to my FB.
I agree. I've also seen this. A while ago I had to block someone and I could see new accounts they created to get around the block coming up in my "people you may know" list.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You better bet I do. Especially when other people tag them in photos. Reading the comments gives you an idea of how many orbiters are out there. It also helps if you know the same people. You can get a pretty good read on them if you know their friends. You can also figure out what sort of things are their interests for future reference

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is absolutely NO concrete evidence for this, and NO reliable or official source that proves this. If you can prove otherwise, let me know.
its not a myth trust me, you come right up

It's true. On my actual facebook profile, I've had ex's show up as "friend suggestions" (they did not have the e-mail connected to my account, nor do they share any mutual friends of mine). Coincidence?
Hardly.

If you're going to snoop, be sure to have a "dummy profile" that is in no way connected to your account (use a different web browswer and always clean those cookies afterwards)

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies to this thread. Just to add to this - I think it's also important for your mental well being not to constantly look up a girl you're attracted to on social media.

A quick initial look is fine, but if you keep looking them up (especially if they rejected you/it didn't work out with her) it just makes you feel weak, anxious and can lead to potential oneitis. It takes a lot of self-discipline to resist the temptation to keep looking them up, especially if it was with someone you were really attracted to, but it's best for your mental health if you don't.