Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you look girls up on social media after you've approached them?

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's say you do a cold approach and meet an attractive girl and exchange numbers. You get her first name also.

Do you then look them up on social media in order to see if they are who they say they are, what their relationship status is etc? I don't mean adding them or talking tobthem via social media, but simply looking them up to get a bit of info about them.

I live in a smaller city so it's not too difficult to find girls in Facebook or Twitter after approaching them. They can usually be found just by typing in their first name followed by the name of my city, then browsing until their profile comes up.

However I don't recommend constantly looking at a girl's social media as it only fuels feelings of insecurity and potential oneitis. But a quick look at the start is ok I suppose.

I've had girls do this to me as well, would you believe. I actually had to block one a while ago as she added me pretending to be someone else and was hassling me, but after a bit of detective work I figured out who she was, called her out on it and blocked her.

Perhaps it's best not to look them up on social media all, and definitely do NOT add them on there as you do not want to become a girl's 'social media buddy' who she uses for attention online but never meets up with in real life.

I just wondered if you guys look up girls up on social media after an approach, and whether you've had girls you've approached do the same to you? Share your good and bad experiences.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Digits. following is phaggotry. I phone. setup immediate time and place or #next.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do. I try and find them on Facebook, but I do not add them or send them a message there or anything.

It's a way to gather some more information about the girl. You can learn a lot from her profile pics (does she has animals, does she like a certain festival, etc) and it helps remembering how a chick looked like. This last one sounds rather bad, but it is what it is. Sometimes I get a few phone numbers in the course of a week and then you meet one of them a week later or so. It's good to have a visual reminder, that's all I'm saying.

This being said, I agree, don't check on them too much and treat your own facebook profile like if tons of women will be checking it out, because they will.. women do that.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, I'll usually look them up on FB - I don't 'add' or message though..
It can help evaluate them a little more than the initial meeting - And I have given a swerve to a couple after seeing their FB.

I only very rarely post on any social media myself and am also very selective what I allow to show public on my FB - because you know for sure that women will be checking yours.

edited to add:
Also can give you a small advantage if you know a few things in advance:-
For example, this one chick grew up on the opposite end of the country from me (South Coast of England)... I 'guessed' her accent to a big city reasonably close... Not precise... but generic enough to appear like a genuine guess....
Her:- "No way you got that..... everybody else guesses London or Essex..."
Then I just said I knew someone from that area... LOL

Last edited:

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always look them up online to find out as much as I can about them. Ideally I do this before the first date but that’s not always possible because I quite often don’t have enough information about them. After the first date it is always possible to find them online.

I do this to verify what they are saying is true. Too much lying and cat fishing on OLD.

Went on a date last week but couldn’t find her online beforehand. After the date I found her easily and was able to verify what she told me. Going on another date this week with another lady and I already know quite a bit about her from looking online.

If you are using OLD you are foolish not to do this IMO.

You can bet they are doing it to you and I don’t blame them at all.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
careful boys because you will come up in their "people you may know" section

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have her number and she has yours and both of your numbers are linked to Facebook, then big brother.. I mean Facebook will put two and two together and suggest it anyway.

I've seen this happen a couple of times now.

Creepy shiit.

returnofpigman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. I like to get an assumption about the woman. If she has 4000 FB friends, she needs a lot of online attention. I will not friend her. The last one friended me. I will not become one of her FB supplicants. I will change tactics with her if needed. I also look them up on mylife to see whether or not she’s been arrested, evicted, etc. I don’t necessarily dump her because of negative information but I want to gain some insight. I should add that I am an executive recruiter so formulating an idea about people is in my profession.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's actually been proven to be a myth, but you do have to be careful not to accidently 'like' one her pics or posts, or accidently send her a friends request, otherwise she'll know you were looking her up online and your cover will be blown.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its not a myth trust me, you come right up
There is absolutely NO concrete evidence for this, and NO reliable or official source that proves this. If you can prove otherwise, let me know.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is absolutely NO concrete evidence for this, and NO reliable or official source that proves this.
Ive proved it many of times, get a none friend to check yours, theyll be in your "people you may know" within a week

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's say you do a cold approach and meet an attractive girl and exchange numbers. You get her first name also.

Do you then look them up on social media in order to see if they are who they say they are, what their relationship status is etc? I don't mean adding them or talking tobthem via social media, but simply looking them up to get a bit of info about them.

I live in a smaller city so it's not too difficult to find girls in Facebook or Twitter after approaching them. They can usually be found just by typing in their first name followed by the name of my city, then browsing until their profile comes up.

However I don't recommend constantly looking at a girl's social media as it only fuels feelings of insecurity and potential oneitis. But a quick look at the start is ok I suppose.

I've had girls do this to me as well, would you believe. I actually had to block one a while ago as she added me pretending to be someone else and was hassling me, but after a bit of detective work I figured out who she was, called her out on it and blocked her.

Perhaps it's best not to look them up on social media all, and definitely do NOT add them on there as you do not want to become a girl's 'social media buddy' who she uses for attention online but never meets up with in real life.

I just wondered if you guys look up girls up on social media after an approach, and whether you've had girls you've approached do the same to you? Share your good and bad experiences.
When I were a lad, we didn't have any of this facebook malarky so we had to do it the old fashioned way (follow them home, hide in a bush, get a good pair of binoculars, etc).

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was used to do it when I had facebook, mostly to find possible problems and faults.

If she had a diva profile I often didnt even bother to contact her for a date.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is absolutely NO concrete evidence for this, and NO reliable or official source that proves this. If you can prove otherwise, let me know.
It definitely works this way. I’ve had chicks look me up after I’ve gone on a date with them. We have zero friends in common and suddenly they’re at the top of my “people you may know” list. And I have no number linked to my FB.