"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Do you look girls up on social media after you've approached them?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
Absolutely. I like to get an assumption about the woman. If she has 4000 FB friends, she needs a lot of online attention. I will not friend her. The last one friended me. I will not become one of her FB supplicants. I will change tactics with her if needed. I also look them up on mylife to see whether or not she’s been arrested, evicted, etc. I don’t necessarily dump her because of negative information but I want to gain some insight. I should add that I am an executive recruiter so formulating an idea about people is in my profession.
The more Instagram followers, the less I'm interested.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
It definitely works this way. I’ve had chicks look me up after I’ve gone on a date with them. We have zero friends in common and suddenly they’re at the top of my “people you may know” list. And I have no number linked to my FB.
I agree. I've also seen this. A while ago I had to block someone and I could see new accounts they created to get around the block coming up in my "people you may know" list.
 

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
You better bet I do. Especially when other people tag them in photos. Reading the comments gives you an idea of how many orbiters are out there. It also helps if you know the same people. You can get a pretty good read on them if you know their friends. You can also figure out what sort of things are their interests for future reference
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
There is absolutely NO concrete evidence for this, and NO reliable or official source that proves this. If you can prove otherwise, let me know.
its not a myth trust me, you come right up

It's true. On my actual facebook profile, I've had ex's show up as "friend suggestions" (they did not have the e-mail connected to my account, nor do they share any mutual friends of mine). Coincidence?
Hardly.

If you're going to snoop, be sure to have a "dummy profile" that is in no way connected to your account (use a different web browswer and always clean those cookies afterwards)
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
211
Location
UK
Thanks for the replies to this thread. Just to add to this - I think it's also important for your mental well being not to constantly look up a girl you're attracted to on social media.

A quick initial look is fine, but if you keep looking them up (especially if they rejected you/it didn't work out with her) it just makes you feel weak, anxious and can lead to potential oneitis. It takes a lot of self-discipline to resist the temptation to keep looking them up, especially if it was with someone you were really attracted to, but it's best for your mental health if you don't.
 
Top