Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you lift/workout at night or in the morning?

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried early mornings(like 6am, which isn't early for some but early for me) and I hated it even tho I did it for a while...

Hydration was always an issue first thing in the AM for me which effected the amount of weight I could lift. Always was consistently less than it I was properly hydrated and lifting in the evening.

There is some science that shows the best time to lift based on your hormonal cycles that ebb and flow throughout the day would be late afternoon or early evening...like anywhere in the 3-7pm range.

Working out too late in the evening used to cause sleep problems.for me and apparently is a common issue so that is something else to keep in mind if you are working out intensely...

But the most important thing overall is that you do it at some point in the day versus the time you do it at, so whatever ends up being the most convenient way that will allow you to stick with it is what you should do.
Currently, I'm beginning to think my routine is causing my sleep schedule issues.

I have an uncommon work/life schedule and I can only get a session in typically after 9:30-10pm and finish around 11/11:30 or so. And even though I am 'tired' afterwards my mental energy levels shoot up shortly thereafter and I use the late evening to be productive. There are things I need to get done after lifting like studying and practice, but if i'm really gassed physically that is a challenge and that time spent isn't of quality. Days were I am doing legs I will literally sleep for 10-12 hours and wake up at noon and be fairly unproductive that day which is no bueno. I've been super consistent and haven't missed a scheduled workout in 7 months, but my schedule keeps pushing further and further back.

Since making this post i've been slamming my pre-workout meal and shake as I commute home from work at about 7:30. After spending 45 minutes in **** conditions and traffic I have a pretty big boost in 'energy'. I know angry lifting is frowned upon, but I use that as fuel. This has been working better for me so far and puts me in a more relaxed state afterwards. I'm going to keep experimenting and will probably try mornings once it starts warming up a bit since my garage is like 7 degrees in the morning.

Reaction score
Best workouts are fasted workouts.
Wake up, drink coffee, drink some jym pre workout
Go to the gym workout fasted
Drink a protein shake and add some creatine
Starve for a few hours eat lunch
Close your eating window at 8 and max 9 pm

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best workouts are fasted workouts.
Wake up, drink coffee, drink some jym pre workout
Go to the gym workout fasted
Drink a protein shake and add some creatine
Starve for a few hours eat lunch
Close your eating window at 8 and max 9 pm
I can't do fasting, or at least it wouldn't help me out. I have a freak of nature metabolism and am always around 10-15% bodyfat and was an endurance athlete. I have to force feed heavily to put on mass.

Reaction score
I can't do fasting, or at least it wouldn't help me out. I have a freak of nature metabolism and am always around 10-15% bodyfat and was an endurance athlete. I have to force feed heavily to put on mass.
I used to think like you. I think it’s an excuse. I have a high metabolism. It’s a limiting belief you have created for yourself. You can put on mass by taking creatine and also pre-jym, and follow up a nice program - like body beast or Jym Size.

fasting is the only key

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always recommend people to go to the gym the first thing in the day. Learn to wake up a little early so you can start the day with that task done. Sometimes you have a very busy day and you end up having to postpone a workout. When you start the day at the gym, you’re already set.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to think like you. I think it’s an excuse. I have a high metabolism. It’s a limiting belief you have created for yourself. You can put on mass by taking creatine and also pre-jym, and follow up a nice program - like body beast or Jym Size.

fasting is the only key
yeah no i'm good man. I know what works for my body it isn't some excuse, maybe in the future i'd consider it. I'm not having any issues putting on mass and i'm consistently going up on all my lifts. I'm on top of my diet and supplements (creatine included) .

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always recommend people to go to the gym the first thing in the day. Learn to wake up a little early so you can start the day with that task done. Sometimes you have a very busy day and you end up having to postpone a workout. When you start the day at the gym, you’re already set.
Why? What if your workouts are better at night and you feel better for doing so?

And who cares if you miss a workout, do it the next day. Consistency week to week, month to month is what matters, not whether you miss a day or two on occasion.

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why? What if your workouts are better at night and you feel better for doing so?

And who cares if you miss a workout, do it the next day. Consistency week to week, month to month is what matters, not whether you miss a day or two on occasion.
you’re proving my point. Consistency is key. And it’s easier to maintain it when you do it first in the day. A single day you miss can lead to another and another when you get very busy. When you realize you’re not hitting the gym anymore.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you’re proving my point. Consistency is key. And it’s easier to maintain it when you do it first in the day. A single day you miss can lead to another and another when you get very busy. When you realize you’re not hitting the gym anymore.
Most people who are "too busy" are actually just terrible at time management and try to multitask constantly which impairs their performance across the board. Maybe your advice works for the masses though.

jafman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do cardio in the morning at 5:00AM. I feel energised then for work. After work I do powerlifting on 4 days a week usually around 3PM. The science does seem to support this approach due to hormone production. You would have to do some reading as I lack the expertise and/ or time to explain it well enough.

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^
3PM is my favorite time to hit the gym. I also do powerlifting 3X/week so I hate skipping a single day.