Do you give her reasons why you're dumping her?

Technics

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've been with a girl for a few years and you may even live together, and she did something like violate a boundary eg hanging 1 on 1 with a male "friend" (behind your back..she doesn't know that I know) and being disrespectful.. Would you tell her why you're dumping her or just say it isn't working out and give her no reasons.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dustmuffin is right. If you justify the break up and tell her you've been snooping around she'll never forgive you. nothing but drama.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Move out when she's not at home. When she gets home and asks you where you are. Tell her you've enjoyed your time with her but you don't see a future with her and you wish her the best. That should go thermonuclear on her hamster.

Tamura

Don Juan
Reaction score
Move out when she's not at home. When she gets home and asks you where you are. Tell her you've enjoyed your time with her but you don't see a future with her and you wish her the best. That should go thermonuclear on her hamster.
Break up via phone? Looks like an escape, not very brave, not manly. I wouldn't do that.

She doesn't know you know. So just tell her face to face it isn't working out. Then pack your stuff together, wish her a wonderful life and move on.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never break up with women. Always leave on good terms. Efforts to break it off "before she does" is an effort to save your sense of pride mentally...never works in the long run.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I would call her out, put her ass on blast possibly recorded on camera. Have these hoes aint loyal playing in the background then just go ghost.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never break up with women. Always leave on good terms. Efforts to break it off "before she does" is an effort to save your sense of pride mentally...never works in the long run.
No it saves you a lot of mental anguish to eject first. If the signs are there why wait around like a pig to be slaughtered? Yes it does work. I felt much better dumping than getting dumped. I don't give a s hit about her feelings either. Just dump and move on with as little drama as possible. That would equal leaving on good terms.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
If you've been with a girl for a few years and you may even live together,
What do you "may" live together bro? Either you live together or you don't.

and she did something like violate a boundary eg hanging 1 on 1 with a male "friend" (behind your back..she doesn't know that I know) and being disrespectful..

Would you tell her why you're dumping her or just say it isn't working out and give her no reasons.
Bro there are so many unknowns in your question.

How did you know she hung out with him? Did you follow her like a detective and wait for her to come out of a restaurant and take pictures? If you are doing that type of thing it's good to know your relationship is based on trust and honesty.

How do you know they didn't talk about your birthday party?

How do you know they slept together?

How do you know she is not trying see how jealous you are?

It's unlikely but before you start ripping her to shreds and telling her to go to hell, find out the whole story. You are living together so you obviously trusted her on some level.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've been with a girl for a few years and you may even live together, and she did something like violate a boundary eg hanging 1 on 1 with a male "friend" (behind your back..she doesn't know that I know) and being disrespectful.. Would you tell her why you're dumping her or just say it isn't working out and give her no reasons.
Never tell them why you are dumping them. Only that it is over and your decision is final. When you give them a reason they try to negotiate. If you truly want it to be over then never give a reason.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay you are making a couple of assumptions here that are inaccurate. Trust me, she knows you know about her hanging out with another dude. The other thing is that you are assuming that she would not know why she is being dumped.

Having said that telling a women why, is a waste of time, because (1) She already knows why, and (2) You stating this will not change anything. If she asks you why, humor her, but she already knows. She is only trying to leverage post break-up division of assets. Once your usefulness is exhausted, trust me she will hate you. If she gets mad at you right from the start that is a VERY good sign, it's means the break is going to be clean. I could never understand why men get afraid that the girl the are splitting up with will get angry... the ones you have to watch out for are the ones that don't seam to care or who are being 'nice' about it.... because the next thing you know all your stuff that happens to be at her place becomes hers, and all her stuff that happens to be at yours you will have to bring back to her.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't tell her why, like mike said she already know, and if she ask why, its more she is fishing for the reason, she did more then one thing and want to know what you did find out, with will just settle on her trying to spin that thing around, or to blame you for that thing. so not don't humor her, best way is like dust muffin said take your things when she is not around (if you live together, and learn from this never life together with a girl unless you are willing to marry her in the next 6 months max) pack your things to prevent anything breaking or be used as a thing to fight over, wait for her then drop the bomb and leave the drop zone.

@Tamura
also he never said break over the phone he said pack your things when she is not around and then tell her, you would be surprised the number of girls I know do the same

Tamura

Don Juan
Reaction score
When she gets home and asks you where you are.
@Alvafe
I must have misinterpreted this. My bad. Just because some girls break up this way does not necessarily justify to do it yourself. I never experienced such break-ups. Lucky me I guess.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should absolutely tell her why. When are we men going to realize that the reason things are so screwed up is that for decades we have not held them accountable?

Women need to learn that there are consequences to their actions. You guys who say "she knows why you are breaking up" are dead-wrong.

If you do not tell her, she will falsely rationalize, making it YOUR FAULT in her mind. You need to make absolutely sure that she knows that you are leaving because of her behavior.

What you don't want to do is engage in a conversation with her. She will turn that around on you every time. Simply tell her the decision is made, this is why you made the decision, and absolutely have no more conversation about it.

Hold women accountable.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Atom Smasher

the problem is you trying to make sure its her fault does not make her belive on it, she can still deny saying it not a big deal and your are the problem, and in the end is always your fault in her mind.