Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do Whites Age Poorly?

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
So yeah, believe it or not, the two photos are of the same person, 35 years apart. I'd guess a classmate who encountered him 35 years after graduation would have close to a zero percent chance of recognizing him. I'm not saying he hasn't had a great life, and he has a great life ahead of him still, but holy f-ck, totally unrecognizable.

I wonder if an alien, if these were two different people standing side by side, might actually classify them as different species.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you see how Tiger Woods looks nowadays?

Race has nothing to do with it. It's genetics, healthy food, not smoking and modest drinking. And stay hydrated

and why do I sound like my grandmother all of a sudden? This is confrontational..

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you see how Tiger Woods looks nowadays?

Race has nothing to do with it. It's genetics, healthy food, not smoking and modest drinking. And stay hydrated
Race does have quite a bit to do with aging. Melanin in the skin provides greater degree of UV protection. Darker complexion folks have more resistant skin. My grand grandfather was a very dark skinned black man had no wrinkles into his 90s. It’s no secret that the most visible signs of aging are in the skin, most of which is caused by sun damage. The women that look young into their 40s and beyond are almost always of color - black, Asian, or Latinas. Even darker skinned South Asian and Arabic women.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Race does have quite a bit to do with aging. Melanin in the skin provides greater degree of UV protection. Darker complexion folks have more resistant skin. My grand grandfather was a very dark skinned black man had no wrinkles into his 90s. It’s no secret that the most visible signs of aging are in the skin, most of which is caused by sun damage. The women that look young into their 40s and beyond are almost always of color - black, Asian, or Latinas. Even darker skinned South Asian and Arabic women.
Fair complected whites age poorly. See most white, blonde women. Hot when young then look terrible as they age. Brunettes on other hand do much better as they get older.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Race does have quite a bit to do with aging. Melanin in the skin provides greater degree of UV protection. Darker complexion folks have more resistant skin.
I stand corrected! If you live in a country with a lot of sunshine (hello! Belgian here, we have like 10 different sorts of rain and all of these have a different name), then it matters. I didn't take this into account because.. well... I'm used to seeing the sun in movies :D

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's genetics, healthy food, not smoking and modest drinking. And stay hydrated
Yep as Mo, and Jake above him says - I think diet, lifestyle and genetics can be a significant factor.....

I'm a good example:
Watched first minute or so, and apparently he's a teen 'before'... so that means he's no more than 54 'after'
I'm older than him, and look a LOT younger.
However... I did let myself go, through my late 30s and most of my 40s, and at 48/49 I looked significantly worse than him.
Then I got divorced, and got my diet/lifestyle **** together - Also lost over 90lb of weight.
Luckily my skin contracted and I wasn't left with hanging loose skin like some get after losing so much weight - and I put that down to genetics.
Now at 57, I look after myself, eat well, stay fit.... Add that to good head of hair (also good genetics I think) - and I can pass for early-mid 40s

Compared to 8 yrs ago - Bad diet, terrible lifestyle, neglected grooming - I was a mess and looked easily 10 yrs older than I was.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Im a white blue eyed blond of Scandinavian and Scott Irish decent. It has everything to do with avoiding the sun in combination with great genetics and healthy lifestyle. Healthy lifestyle includes getting enough sleep.

One benefit of being a nightlife chick is sun avoidance. When I was 21 a coed I knew in college got skin cancer from the tanning beds that were the rage in the 1980s. I never laid in one. After that happened it freaked me out enough that I quit laying out to speak of and mostly avoided the sun. If I was bright white, well I was bright white.

Now in my 50s I look remarkably good for my age. Last week I was out & got to chatting with a couple of retired NBA guys. One is very dark like @EyeBRollin was saying. His jaw literally dropped when I told him my age...they thought I was 32. Thats 20 years younger than I am. They were gobsmacked. I have a tough time guessing the age of black men or women because there is much truth to “black don’t crack.” I always guess way under their actual age. A good girlfriend of mine is in her mid 40s and she has a milk chocolate colored complexion. Her skin is flawless & she looks 28 or 30.

Brown skinned people and Asians as well age generally better than whites as far as skin goes.

There are interesting studies that have been done to demonstrate that skin color emerged to defend against the sun whilst making enough Vitamin D. Lighter skinned people hail ethnically from higher latitudes where sun is scarce and winters long. Paler skin better used the available sunlight to make Vitamin D. Closer to the equator sun is abundant and melanin is more important to protect against UV rays. So much sun even dark skin made enough Vitamin D.

The interesting exception to this are native peoples of far North America...the Eskimos. They ate a diet so rich in Vitamin D via whale oil that they developed or kept darker skin and didn’t have to evolve into lighter skin tones to make up for sun shortage.

It’s all very interesting when you look at the anthropology of it.

White skin handles sun the least well and therefore ages worst.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So yeah, believe it or not, the two photos are of the same person, 35 years apart. I'd guess a classmate who encountered him 35 years after graduation would have close to a zero percent chance of recognizing him. I'm not saying he hasn't had a great life, and he has a great life ahead of him still, but holy f-ck, totally unrecognizable.

I wonder if an alien, if these were two different people standing side by side, might actually classify them as different species.

No.
It's all down to the "DNA lottery of life" (E.g. did win or lose the life lottery by inheriting very good genes/DNA or bad ones from your parents etc.?), and your life style .

I for example do not look much different from when I was younger in my early twenties than now. Sure there are a few minor difference, but not any major ones that you would ever notice really.

Taking care of yourself and having a healthy life style can do a lot for you even if your DNA gene pool is stacked against you.

Some people are just "unlucky" and just doesn't age well. Others do age extremely well.
The color of your skin has nothing to do with it.

On a side note..
screenshot-16-03-2021-Standard.jpg
Ha ha that hair style of the 80'tes lol

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the person. In general, Black people seem to age better - fewer wrinkles. Some I can't tell if they're 30 or 50.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Black people seem to age better - fewer wrinkles. Some I can't tell if they're 30 or 50.
Not really. That is complete BS in my opinion.
Here is Morgan Freeman for example.
Age hasn't been gentle at him although he looks better than some other of his age bracket. Tons of wrinkles with an "Einstein hair" etc. and huge change from his younger self.

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It depends a lot on how you look after yourself. A lot of people think I'm about 10 years younger. On the other hand there are people in their 20s that look 40.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really. That is complete BS in my opinion.
Here is Morgan Freeman for example.
View attachment 5724
View attachment 5725
Age hasn't been gentle at him although he looks better than some other of his age bracket. Tons of wrinkles with an "Einstein hair" etc. and huge change from his younger self.
Well, what I said is true since it's my perception. And I said age 30-50. That's a high school pic vs. age 83 and a portrait vs. a candid shot. In general they don't wrinkle as early. Obviously eventually they do.

E.g., Hugh Grant and Eddie Murphy are both 60 (Eddie will be next month). Hugh looks like he could be older, 70s even. Eddie could play a guy in his 40s. IMO anyway and that's just one comparison, not scientific. But they were both hot young guys who have a lot of money at their disposal to stay young looking.

Last edited:

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's not forget about the greatest golfer that ever lived...
You just owned the thread! :rofl:

The women that look young into their 40s and beyond are almost always of color - black, Asian, or Latinas. Even darker skinned South Asian and Arabic women.
Maybe because most of them are fat at that age. That usually takes care of wrinkles.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy in the ops pic didn’t take care of himself he let himself get fat and unhealthy. If you take care of yourself you’ll age fine no matter the race.