"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Do Whites Age Poorly?

bonesmahoney

Banned
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
100
Reaction score
108
So yeah, believe it or not, the two photos are of the same person, 35 years apart. I'd guess a classmate who encountered him 35 years after graduation would have close to a zero percent chance of recognizing him. I'm not saying he hasn't had a great life, and he has a great life ahead of him still, but holy f-ck, totally unrecognizable.

I wonder if an alien, if these were two different people standing side by side, might actually classify them as different species.

 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Messages
234
Reaction score
354
Location
-
Did you see how Tiger Woods looks nowadays?

Race has nothing to do with it. It's genetics, healthy food, not smoking and modest drinking. And stay hydrated

and why do I sound like my grandmother all of a sudden? This is confrontational..
 

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
Did you see how Tiger Woods looks nowadays?

Race has nothing to do with it. It's genetics, healthy food, not smoking and modest drinking. And stay hydrated
Race does have quite a bit to do with aging. Melanin in the skin provides greater degree of UV protection. Darker complexion folks have more resistant skin. My grand grandfather was a very dark skinned black man had no wrinkles into his 90s. It’s no secret that the most visible signs of aging are in the skin, most of which is caused by sun damage. The women that look young into their 40s and beyond are almost always of color - black, Asian, or Latinas. Even darker skinned South Asian and Arabic women.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
Race does have quite a bit to do with aging. Melanin in the skin provides greater degree of UV protection. Darker complexion folks have more resistant skin. My grand grandfather was a very dark skinned black man had no wrinkles into his 90s. It’s no secret that the most visible signs of aging are in the skin, most of which is caused by sun damage. The women that look young into their 40s and beyond are almost always of color - black, Asian, or Latinas. Even darker skinned South Asian and Arabic women.
Fair complected whites age poorly. See most white, blonde women. Hot when young then look terrible as they age. Brunettes on other hand do much better as they get older.
 

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Messages
234
Reaction score
354
Location
-
Race does have quite a bit to do with aging. Melanin in the skin provides greater degree of UV protection. Darker complexion folks have more resistant skin.
I stand corrected! If you live in a country with a lot of sunshine (hello! Belgian here, we have like 10 different sorts of rain and all of these have a different name), then it matters. I didn't take this into account because.. well... I'm used to seeing the sun in movies :D
 

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Messages
277
Reaction score
314
Age
62
Location
UK
It's genetics, healthy food, not smoking and modest drinking. And stay hydrated
Yep as Mo, and Jake above him says - I think diet, lifestyle and genetics can be a significant factor.....

I'm a good example:
Watched first minute or so, and apparently he's a teen 'before'... so that means he's no more than 54 'after'
I'm older than him, and look a LOT younger.
However... I did let myself go, through my late 30s and most of my 40s, and at 48/49 I looked significantly worse than him.
Then I got divorced, and got my diet/lifestyle **** together - Also lost over 90lb of weight.
Luckily my skin contracted and I wasn't left with hanging loose skin like some get after losing so much weight - and I put that down to genetics.
Now at 57, I look after myself, eat well, stay fit.... Add that to good head of hair (also good genetics I think) - and I can pass for early-mid 40s

Compared to 8 yrs ago - Bad diet, terrible lifestyle, neglected grooming - I was a mess and looked easily 10 yrs older than I was.
 

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
7,928
Age
57
Advice from the old lady:

Im a white blue eyed blond of Scandinavian and Scott Irish decent. It has everything to do with avoiding the sun in combination with great genetics and healthy lifestyle. Healthy lifestyle includes getting enough sleep.

One benefit of being a nightlife chick is sun avoidance. When I was 21 a coed I knew in college got skin cancer from the tanning beds that were the rage in the 1980s. I never laid in one. After that happened it freaked me out enough that I quit laying out to speak of and mostly avoided the sun. If I was bright white, well I was bright white.

Now in my 50s I look remarkably good for my age. Last week I was out & got to chatting with a couple of retired NBA guys. One is very dark like @EyeBRollin was saying. His jaw literally dropped when I told him my age...they thought I was 32. Thats 20 years younger than I am. They were gobsmacked. I have a tough time guessing the age of black men or women because there is much truth to “black don’t crack.” I always guess way under their actual age. A good girlfriend of mine is in her mid 40s and she has a milk chocolate colored complexion. Her skin is flawless & she looks 28 or 30.

Brown skinned people and Asians as well age generally better than whites as far as skin goes.

There are interesting studies that have been done to demonstrate that skin color emerged to defend against the sun whilst making enough Vitamin D. Lighter skinned people hail ethnically from higher latitudes where sun is scarce and winters long. Paler skin better used the available sunlight to make Vitamin D. Closer to the equator sun is abundant and melanin is more important to protect against UV rays. So much sun even dark skin made enough Vitamin D.

The interesting exception to this are native peoples of far North America...the Eskimos. They ate a diet so rich in Vitamin D via whale oil that they developed or kept darker skin and didn’t have to evolve into lighter skin tones to make up for sun shortage.

It’s all very interesting when you look at the anthropology of it.

White skin handles sun the least well and therefore ages worst.
 

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
So yeah, believe it or not, the two photos are of the same person, 35 years apart. I'd guess a classmate who encountered him 35 years after graduation would have close to a zero percent chance of recognizing him. I'm not saying he hasn't had a great life, and he has a great life ahead of him still, but holy f-ck, totally unrecognizable.

I wonder if an alien, if these were two different people standing side by side, might actually classify them as different species.

No.
It's all down to the "DNA lottery of life" (E.g. did win or lose the life lottery by inheriting very good genes/DNA or bad ones from your parents etc.?), and your life style .

I for example do not look much different from when I was younger in my early twenties than now. Sure there are a few minor difference, but not any major ones that you would ever notice really.

Taking care of yourself and having a healthy life style can do a lot for you even if your DNA gene pool is stacked against you.

Some people are just "unlucky" and just doesn't age well. Others do age extremely well.
The color of your skin has nothing to do with it.


On a side note..
screenshot-16-03-2021-Standard.jpg
Ha ha that hair style of the 80'tes lol
 
Last edited:

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
Black people seem to age better - fewer wrinkles. Some I can't tell if they're 30 or 50.
Not really. That is complete BS in my opinion.
Here is Morgan Freeman for example.
screenshot-16-03-2021-Standard.jpg
screenshot-16-03-2021-Standard.jpg
Age hasn't been gentle at him although he looks better than some other of his age bracket. Tons of wrinkles with an "Einstein hair" etc. and huge change from his younger self.
 
Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
So yeah, believe it or not, the two photos are of the same person, 35 years apart. I'd guess a classmate who encountered him 35 years after graduation would have close to a zero percent chance of recognizing him. I'm not saying he hasn't had a great life, and he has a great life ahead of him still, but holy f-ck, totally unrecognizable.

I wonder if an alien, if these were two different people standing side by side, might actually classify them as different species.

It depends a lot on how you look after yourself. A lot of people think I'm about 10 years younger. On the other hand there are people in their 20s that look 40.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2020
Messages
981
Reaction score
1,715
Age
48
Let's not forget about the greatest golfer that ever lived...
You just owned the thread! :rofl:

The women that look young into their 40s and beyond are almost always of color - black, Asian, or Latinas. Even darker skinned South Asian and Arabic women.
Maybe because most of them are fat at that age. That usually takes care of wrinkles.
 

cola

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2,224
Reaction score
3,002
Location
Baltimore
The guy in the ops pic didn’t take care of himself he let himself get fat and unhealthy. If you take care of yourself you’ll age fine no matter the race.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top