Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do people still believe in 'game'?

illstep

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously most of the PUA forums are shutting down/have shut down/or are moving away from 'game'/pickup.
RSD, nextasf, chateau, RooshV recently, as well as many others

There was some discussion about this on nextasf recently, and the consensus seemed to be that there was a distinct lack of faith in 'game'. People don't actually believe in it anymore. Some said this was due to things like tinder changing the dating market where girls just pick the best looking dudes etc. Others say girls are simply more superficial (like us guys are) nowadays. Especially the very young, very hot ones that we all desire! (old women care less about looks in my experience)

Even before Roosh shut down, I personally noticed that there had been a shift towards basically 'sugar-daddy game', or 'traveller game' where you use your status as a white American to bang easy, broke Asian girls for example.

I'm new here, but i've noticed a similar thing on this site. The guys that claim to do well seem to really be using a form of the above 'game'.

I'm curious as to whether nobody really believes in 'game' in the traditional sense anymore?

By That, I mean the abililty to get hot girls in bed with a mixture of body language and verbals basically. Nothing else. Imagine you are a 5/10, fairly broke 39 year old.
You go into a club full of 9.5/10 19 year olds and you want one. They notice you and think you're an ugly old man and they claim to only want to hook up with the handsome young guys in their social circle, but you somehow use your 'game' to get her in bed.

Is that idea a thing of the past now?

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all about belief and calibration/experience....just like everything else in life.
I guess it depends on your definition of game. To me, what you just described is game. I define game as all the ways in which you present yourself. It isn't routines, a list of canned responses and openers, etc. It's how you show up, how you hold the conversation, your boldness, calibration, escalation, etc. Everything except looks, money and status.

I believe game is king. The more I learn, the more success I have with women. I have never read the other sites you referenced but from what little I've seen here, it would seem the reasons for their shutdown are varied and have nothing to do with lack of demand because game doesn't work.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
They fail because they got it wrong.

They focus on how it's done. Just a part of game and its at the end of it.

In its entirety, game is actually a manifestation of a man, a totality of his entire embodiment.

Game is thus frame.

Game is an accumulation or mixture of a man's inherent personality, the way he thinks and the way he does things.

PUA tactics can never work in the long run because they focus on how to do things whilst ignoring or foregoing to imbue the right mindset (knowledge) suitable towards a man's inherent personality.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no such thing as game in the aspect of an out of shape, 5’5 guy with a Walmart button up shirt isn’t walking into a club in downtown LA and getting numbers because he has “game”..

What does work is that 5’5 guy getting his ass in the gym 6 days a week before work, busting his ass, getting a nice haircut and some fitted nice clothes and then going to that same bar in LA and being confident, but not fake confident real confidence that he earned because he busted his ass to better himself.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is that idea a thing of the past now?
Its not a fairytale. Game works but what it was marketed as the end all, it seems to be absurd. Bro-science is showing the importance of attraction which is looks though, not the only thing. Its just pua you to pedal it being a non issue. Rsdnation use to have a frequent poster ambi that trolled and mostly ebragged about being the black brad pitt. It set off flane wars but the consistent messages were its factors. More IOIs, approach invites, women hovering by proxy, and eye ****ing. Rsd later changed their tune. Its just not the only determining factor.

As for pua and game, its a hollow term, and much of what we have normalised is click bait or outlier flash game. A one off hail Mary pickup or better yet pull.

Game is real. What I'd say the majority of men deem as 'game,' is in fact off the mark. Game is a level of Being in portraying oneself most attractive qualities to even a perfect stranger. Its a instinct in social equity. It is reading interest levels +/-, acquisition of compliance (or lack thereof), and ability to push, pull or next accordingly. Repeat the process.

Its marketed as the be end all. Rsd has now diverted into more self help. The reality being, most guys carry trauma energy. Inability to pull or pickup is the least of their concerns in actuality. The lack of social skills or dating is a by product of much larger issues.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has been decades since I last read anything from a so-called PUA Guru, but I suspect that they will be around forever, because in my opinion most of us want to take the easiest road possible. We would rather believe in someone else than in ourselves.

Road less traveled: working hard, making money, training in the gym, eating clean, getting rejected and failing repeatedly, learning from mistakes, embracing the random, accepting responsibility for failures. Knowing it's a numbers game and that the hardest workers are often the most lucky ones.

Easy road: investing time and money in a PUA Guru's "bag of tricks": canned openers, negs, scripts, etc. These Gurus often claim their way is fail-safe, which is never true because DJs are built through failure.
DJs is a by product of pua and the manosphere as is red pill. Most of the so called gurus are marketers and video editors.

illstep

Banned
Reaction score
There is no such thing as game in the aspect of an out of shape, 5’5 guy with a Walmart button up shirt isn’t walking into a club in downtown LA and getting numbers because he has “game”..

What does work is that 5’5 guy getting his ass in the gym 6 days a week before work, busting his ass, getting a nice haircut and some fitted nice clothes and then going to that same bar in LA and being confident, but not fake confident real confidence that he earned because he busted his ass to better himself.
Absolutely.

Whilst I agree that the 1st guy isn't gonna be banging any hot teens in the club just from his 'game', that WAS the idea that was being promoted not so long ago, and used to be widely believed in the community. In fact, if you head over to therationalmale blog and read the comments from the older timers posting there, that's STILL what they believe ('game' is everything. Looks, money, status means nothing etc)

Anyway, your reply and those of everyone else in the thread more or less confirm what I thought in terms of the change in the definition of 'game' over the years, and the belief in it in the traditional sense -and for what it's worth I agree!! (I have very handsome friends who have no game who kill it for example) I was just curious but I think I have my answer

cheers

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Game in 2003: "looks don't matter. Be ****y and funny at all times or she'll get bored and lose interest. Keep negging and displaying confidence and she'll eventually become interested in you." No guys really believe this anymore.

2019 game post red and black pill: " Go to the gym and looksmax as much as possible. Start your own business, get rich, and build an empire"

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to be in the game before "game" works.... And really all "game" is your demeanor and behavior. If the chick doesn't like the way you look, no amount of "game" is going to do you any good.

If she likes you and she thinks you are attractive, all you can do at that point is fvck sh!t up. "Game" is really nothing more than learning not to fvck sh!t up.

illstep

Banned
Reaction score
Game in 2003: "looks don't matter. Be ****y and funny at all times or she'll get bored and lose interest. Keep negging and displaying confidence and she'll eventually become interested in you." No guys really believe this anymore.

2019 game post red and black pill: " Go to the gym and looksmax as much as possible. Start your own business, get rich, and build an empire"
This. I've noticed the exact same shift lol

Last edited:

illstep

Banned
Reaction score
If the chick doesn't like the way you look, no amount of "game" is going to do you any good.
This has been my experience in life so I agree. I bang girls who think i'm good looking. Most girls think i'm a little ugly, so I don't ahve a shot with them ones lol

Just amazing that the belief in 'game' used to be so strong among people and now it's not.

Has the world changed or something, lol? Maybe 'game' (in the origanal sense) really did work in the old days?!!! Maybe girls used to care less about looks??! I find it super interesting tbh!

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think most men tried PUA at some point but realized the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. MGTOW, red and black pill theory, and social media apps killed it.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late

It’s all over for c&fcels

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even before Roosh shut down, I personally noticed that there had been a shift towards basically 'sugar-daddy game', or 'traveller game' where you use your status as a white American to bang easy, broke Asian girls for example.
If you have to resort to marrying online or mail order brides from other countries, you are basically cheating yourselves.
That tells me you don't care about self improvement and would rather take the easy way out.

The fundamentals of game is all about self improvement. It refines you as a man.
If you are unsuccessful with meeting women from your own continent, then you've got major problems to solve.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess the movie Hitch (2005) has got to be dated (no pun intended). It's sad, but it's now more of a fiction today than an inspiration yesterday.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean the abililty to get hot girls in bed with a mixture of body language and verbals basically. Nothing else. Imagine you are a 5/10, fairly broke 39 year old.

You go into a club full of 9.5/10 19 year olds and you want one. They notice you and think you're an ugly old man and they claim to only want to hook up with the handsome young guys in their social circle, but you somehow use your 'game' to get her in bed.
I remember a time when people didn't respect your opinion on "game" unless you were like that 5/10 dude. Because people figured that if you had money, or if you were good looking, obviously you were going to get women on that merit, and you didn't need game. And the only way to prove that it was your game that was really working was if you weren't good looking or rich. If you could still get women, then people would listen to you.

In your example above, where the guy goes into a club, I would say that now they would tell that guy to eject when he gets rejected by a girl, and find a more receptive target, rather than waste your time trying to "game" her into bed. In other words, find the high interest girl.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
The GAME itself has changed. The rules have altered. In today's broken society all that matters is STATUS. You can be a broke bum but with some youtube fame or IG clout you will get chicks and get laid. Swag is important still. You still have to use game on girls though and as Player Supreme (RIP) said you HAVE to have your 4 (or 5) C's set. Cash, Clothes, Car, Crib, Conversation. Not in that order. The thing is competition is GLOBAL now. So you are not competing with celebrities and rich dudes from all over the earth instead of just your immediate area.

Max out everything you can about yourself, and get out there and play the numbers game. These chicks have so many options its insane. Most these chicks just want to fuk, travel, party, work etc. They want the bachelor lifestyle for the most part which is crazy how the games flipped.

tightsocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand what your question is. It is pretty obvious that game does work. You can believe in whatever you want.