"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Do Men Still Pay For Dates

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
It's honestly amazing that we have guys who genuinely believe a man should pay because he asked her out. You both are going on the date, so you both pay.
Don't write checks with your mouth your ass can't cash....
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
I pay the first drink, if I dont get strong signs of interest from her I cut the losses...if she pays the second round I pay the third and the following ones.

Whoever wines&dines girls nowadays spening upfront with no certainity is a professional moron to me.
 

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,576
Age
32
technically doesn't count as a "first date" cuz cold approach, but the girl i banged this past saturday, i paid for 2 shots to get her loose ;) she returned the favor by paying the railroad fare for me to her place :)
 
Top