Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do Men Still Pay For Dates

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I've read a lot of posts from users here, and it shocked me that so many men still pay for dates. Especially if you go put to nice resturuants those costs really add up.

Women my age (early 20s) typically get mad at the thought of a men even suggesting he pays for everything. They always insist we split the bill, and some feminist women offer to pay for everything. I have yet to meet a woman who demanded men pay for everything.

Context: I live in Australia which is a lot more feminist compared to America.

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There isn't an answer to give here without context, being able to understand why you should or should not pay for a date requires you to observe each context.

deBrito

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a trauma about this because 1 time i've paid for everything and went home sucking my thumb.

It sucks to not have knowledge. This is way behind me now.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the United States, I think most men still pay for dates. I've avoided early stage meal dates for a long time but I've picked up a lot of early stage drinks date. They generally weren't expensive but enough drinks dates that fail to lead to something can really add up.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
In the United States, I think most men still pay for dates. I've avoided early stage meal dates for a long time but I've picked up a lot of early stage drinks date. They generally weren't expensive but enough drinks dates that fail to lead to something can really add up.
I don't underatand why a man would need to pay, both parties work so why is it that the man must pay? She's going on the date too.

If a man pays, what does a woman do? Just show up?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unpopular opinion: men pay for dates unless she volunteers and that doesn’t mean she owes me sexual favors afterwards..

if she is at the bar and I want her and she’s drinking her next drink is on me ..

you guys can flame away but this is what men do when they want a woman, p*ssy ain’t free.

It might not sound fair but life ain’t fair.

so if you really want this playboy lifestyle go ahead and add 3-400 a month to your monthly bill budget under the headline “dating”

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@cola and @EyeBRollin are spot on. There is a social contract or social graces, whatever you want to call it. Kind of like opening the door for a lady. It’s what a gentleman does.

And a lady also knows as things evolve, to take good care of her man in ways that please him. She’ll cook, pick up the bill once in awhile, be sexually pleasing etc.

If you want a real woman be a real man.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
men pay for dates unless she volunteers and that doesn’t mean she owes me sexual favors afterwards..
I live in a fairly liberal part of Sydney and it's rare to ever meet a woman who wants a man to pay. Maybe it's because a lot of guys think they are entitled to sex after paying for a date?

She’ll cook, pick up the bill once in awhile, be sexually pleasing etc.
A lot of women these days have zero domestic skills, which is ironic since they keep pushing for independence yet lack basic adult skills like cooking.

A good friend of mine from University dated a Belarussian girl. She demanded he pay and at the same time refused to ever cook or clean for him since "that's slavery".

Thankfully he did run from that girl eventually.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in a fairly liberal part of Sydney and it's rare to ever meet a woman who wants a man to pay. Maybe it's because a lot of guys think they are entitled to sex after paying for a date?
Bullshvt. Men lead. We don’t make excuses. I don’t let women pay unless they asked me out. Just grab the bill and pay it. Most women actually do want to be in their feminine.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I've read a lot of posts from users here, and it shocked me that so many men still pay for dates. Especially if you go put to nice resturuants those costs really add up.

Women my age (early 20s) typically get mad at the thought of a men even suggesting he pays for everything. They always insist we split the bill, and some feminist women offer to pay for everything. I have yet to meet a woman who demanded men pay for everything.

Switch off. But when I was dating, I'd usually pay for the 1st drink, then have her pay for the next. Or, ask her first what she wants to drink, and then tell the bartender, she's buying me a scotch on the rocks, JW Blue and I'm buying her whatever she's drinking. Usually went well and I near always got a smile from her and the bartender.

Igetit!

Reaction score
I don't underatand why a man would need to pay,
And I don't understand why paying is such a big deal.

Whose idea was it to go out? Did you ask her? If so,why should she foot the bill for YOUR suggestion?

My thing is,with all the sh!t people got to go through just to get the date in the first place,WHY CREATE an extra hurdle right when the date is about to occur/while out on the date?

Look at what all men have to go through....we've had thread after thread after thread about these issues......

1: Guys being nervous/afraid to approach a girl,i.e;approach anxiety
2: Approaching a girl,but getting a confusing answer...."Maybe/Might/I don't know"
3: Getting Friendzoned
4: Girls flaking/canceling
5: Messaging women on online dating,but getting no responses......................on and on and on.

We manage to get past allllllllllllllllllll that sh1t.........to get an actual date with a girl....then you want to bring THIS up?

If the girl is "hot".....if she's pretty,and more importantly,you really like her and she likes you,are you seriously willing to potentially wreck things over a few dollars?

both parties work so why is it that the man must pay?
That's just how it is. If you're going to ask this question,you might as well as why is it the man has to do the pursuing and asking women out.....why can't they be the ones doing the approaching and asking out men. It's the same answer.

Despite society's push to try to make men and women INTERCHANGEABLE.......we're NOT.

If a man pays, what does a woman do? Just show up?
Well if she was attractive enough for you to ask her out,shouldn't that be enough? (For the FIRST date)

That's all a date really is.......right? When you ask a girl out,all you're really asking for is HER PRESENCE. You're going to be some place,and you want her to be there WITH YOU. In reality,that's all you're really asking for.

If you met a "10"....asked her out.......and she actually showed up for the date,you telling me you'd have a problem if YOU had to pay for the date?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Why would you ever take a woman to a nice restaurant on a first date?

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the US, I just think expecting a woman to pay at any point early on in the dating process is emasculating. Like you're already giving her the lead and lacking balls, you have a s*it job because you made s*it choices and can't afford to treat the very woman you likely asked out. Just seems wussy to me. I know it's popular with Gen Y and Z, but then look at the guys from those generations, largely feminine, so they probably don't care. Not trying to offend, some ok Ys and Zs on SS, just my general observation.

I actually enjoy paying. I take pride in it. I own a successful business and have some jingle in my pocket, so no big deal. I feel like I'm in charge and leading this way which is important to me.

I do agree that lavish dinners at expensive restaurants are not a good idea in the early going. Drinks and appetizers, an activity, cooking, gallery, small theatre, sporting event, so many cool things you can do--and pay for--that won't break the bank but will still set you up as the lead man.

Last edited: