Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do I have anger issues?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's with the acronyms, can you type it out?
You are 12 months of online dating (tinder/bumble/hinge) rejection away from a rape and/or murder charge.

The way you baulked at therapy isn't a good sign.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty sure Murk is saying you are close to getting charged with rape or murder (or molestation) charge

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are 12 months of online dating (tinder/bumble/hinge) rejection away from a rape and/or murder charge.

That seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Probably 90% of the guys on this forum as one time or another have thought and acted as OP has and don't do things like that.

M

member160761

This is a good thread.

I will say this. From personal experience, I have the hardest time with women when I go in angry or easily annoyed by them. And I have definitely been in that mindset.

The mindset that works best for me is one where I hold just a happy, grateful disposition because I am loving my life. Not faking it, but authentic. It really, really attracts women. Because when I achieve that mindset, I genuinely don't care what women do or say. Any outcome with them is fine, because if they start misbehaving, I politely hit the eject button and keep it moving because I have other things I'd rather be doing. I try my best not to allow a woman to get under my skin. Admittely, that is easier said than done. But, it is the best approach. I believe I am in control of my emotions and mindset at all times. I have complete agency over that. You might want to work on developing a religious practice of any respectable kind and implementing it in your life. Almost any of them will make you a better person.

I have studied Christianity and Buddhism and both have made me in to a better person. You don't believe every bit of it, but just engage in the practices. Also, look at Stoicism. This is a philosophy only and not a religion and so that may be easier for you and others on these forums to adopt.

Best of luck OP.
Thanks for your insight. Lately I go deeper into Catholicism and the fruits are showing. When I am detached life goes on autopilot and don't get caught up with particulars or signs of how a woman acts or if I should like XYZ. The negativity is receding and women can tell, and strangers overall have been friendlier to me than usual. The more I take God seriously, the more I have a peace of mind and for some strange reason I delay dedicating myself completely to Catholic dogma and Church teachings and think I can compromize XYZ areas of life.

My fundamental beliefs are Catholic but I draw wisdom from Eastern mysticism as well. There are not many men who take the Godpill as solution and as formula to become a better and overall virtuous man.

You are too much into the matrix. Therapy is a hoax and a way to talk about problems and never provide a solution. You talk about your problems instead of dealing with them. Therapy is schizophrenic since it disconnects the mind entirely from the body, something unheard of until modern times.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are too much into the matrix. Therapy is a hoax and a way to talk about problems and never provide a solution. You talk about your problems instead of dealing with them. Therapy is schizophrenic since it disconnects the mind entirely from the body, something unheard of until modern times.
I'm speaking as someone who has had therapy/therapists (one for bereavement and one for life in general) and turned their life around. I was a complete mess, unless you have a good childhood with both parents in a loving home, chances are you are going to be fvcked up somehow. The sooner you self-evaluate and correct your mind/behaviours the better. The issue is you don't think anything is wrong with you, but your OP clearly says otherwise.

M

member160761

I was a complete mess, unless you have a good childhood with both parents in a loving home, chances are you are going to be fvcked up somehow.
This is how they sell you their snake oil. Newsflash, nobody grows up with perfect parents at any point in history, save Jesus Christ, and nobody complained and moved on with their lives. Good that it worked on you but there are significantly better ways to do so. A good friend and contemplation can do a lot, moreso the aid of God's Hand.
The issue is you don't think anything is wrong with you, but your OP clearly says otherwise.
I dunno why you see it so black while it is clear that I reflect on my problem and can see that something is not right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how they sell you their snake oil. Newsflash, nobody grows up with perfect parents at any point in history, save Jesus Christ, and nobody complained and moved on with their lives. Good that it worked on you but there are significantly better ways to do so. A good friend and contemplation can do a lot, moreso the aid of God's Hand.

I dunno why you see it so black while it is clear that I reflect on my problem and can see that something is not right.
You're not hearing me. You don't need perfect parents, just a stable home with both mum and dad that love you. These days this is becoming rare but it used to be the norm. Just look at the girls who are happily married in their 20s, the men who are seemingly well adjusted with fulfilled lives with their wife and kids by 30. Most of them had good upbringing and both parents. At least this is what I observe through my own social circles and life so far.

Now, psychological issues are mostly created in childhood, when our brains are developing, any disruption has a knock-on effect. Plenty of stats and analysis are available to you online if for some reason this glaringly obvious fact doesn't seem obvious to you.

I'm saying therapy is good (experience), you're saying it's bad (conjecture). Let's agree to disagree.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Wholeheartedly agree, however psychological issues can be genetic as well,

You're not hearing me. You don't need perfect parents, just a stable home with both mum and dad that love you. These days this is becoming rare but it used to be the norm. Just look at the girls who are happily married in their 20s, the men who are seemingly well adjusted with fulfilled lives with their wife and kids by 30. Most of them had good upbringing and both parents. At least this is what I observe through my own social circles and life so far.

Now, psychological issues are mostly created in childhood, when our brains are developing, any disruption has a knock-on effect. Plenty of stats and analysis are available to you online if for some reason this glaringly obvious fact doesn't seem obvious to you.

I'm saying therapy is good (experience), you're saying it's bad (conjecture). Let's agree to disagree.

M

member160761

My friend, it was an exaggeration and flew over your head. I am perfectly aware of how trauma in childhood shapes you early on but you should not get hung up on and derive your identity from it. Psychotherapy is a sham and ironically psychological literature formed that opinion. You seem way too argumentative and defensive for somebody who derived good treatment from therapy, or I scratched the validity of your holy grail.

All in all, it is not the thread topic and leave it like that. If you want to understand my gist you can look up the works of Alexander Lowen, a phenomenal psychiatrist of his time.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wholeheartedly agree, however psychological issues can be genetic as well,
Yes true, I'm talking more anxiety, depression, daddy/abandonment issues, poverty, fear, shame, guilt.

Children absorb from their parents.

If you grow up and your mother is in constant fear, anxiety of bills/debts etc you will absorb that emotion and feeling. Because you're a child and can't actually change your situation, we run. Mentally, we check out. I have ADHD and I've been researching the links to childhood and it's staggering. Running away from problems, mentally checking out and avoiding tough decisions is a byproduct of exposure to the above during childhood.

I'm getting sidetracked with my own issues here, my point is to identify any weaknesses in ourselves, find out what caused them, then find the solution. You can't do that if you think you're perfect or don't have a willingness to accept things haven't gone to plan so far in your life and maybe YOU (WE/I) is the issue.

My friend, it was an exaggeration and flew over your head. I am perfectly aware of how trauma in childhood shapes you early on but you should not get hung up on and derive your identity from it. Psychotherapy is a sham and ironically psychological literature formed that opinion. You seem way too argumentative and defensive for somebody who derived good treatment from therapy, or I scratched the validity of your holy grail.

All in all, it is not the thread topic and leave it like that. If you want to understand my gist you can look up the works of Alexander Lowen, a phenomenal psychiatrist of his time.
I just got defensive over your disregard and misinformation of therapy. Therapy can just be talking to someone about your problems, it's also free in some circumstances you don't need to pay for it (unless you live in the U.S.)

M

member160761

I just got defensive over your disregard and misinformation of therapy. Therapy can just be talking to someone about your problems, it's also free in some circumstances you don't need to pay for it (unless you live in the U.S.)
It can be helpful but in exceptional cases, not as a rule. Moreso that it is a way to sell you psychopharmaceuticals to keep you lobotomized and dependent. I disregard therapy as a whole but there can be nuggets of truth and wisdom there.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been to therapy myself and it was extremely helpful. Received incredible insight in to myself and my life, destructive patterns that were unraveled and helped me to lead a better life. A good counselor/therapist is a God send. The key is being patient and finding a good counselor.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been to therapy myself and it was extremely helpful. Received incredible insight in to myself and my life, destructive patterns that were unraveled and helped me to lead a better life. A good counselor/therapist is a God send. The key is being patient and finding a good counselor.
Exactly, I'm also against medication so I've never taken antidepressants or ADHD medication.

I also pray to God to help me and have my whole life. Sometimes you need to do more than pray.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like a man who has a IDGAF attitude. Women (most women that is) don't like a man who is awkwardly aggressive or hyper-opinionated - contrary to what some men seem to think. Showing dominance actually requires you to act like you don't care. Having strong reactions (re: strong emotion) to anything they say is actually going to be looked at as weakness. This happens subconsciously for them.
Exactly this. The worst overreaction was to the girl who said she wanted a video or panorama shot instead, you just blew up like Eustace from Courage the Cowardly Dog and sabotaged that interaction for no good reason. Maybe that was frustration from elsewhere that you carried on to her? Regardless, just stop looking for reasons to get irritated and making mountains out of molehills.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Exactly, I'm also against medication so I've never taken antidepressants or ADHD medication.
you’re missing out on Adderall- it’s situationally useful ;)

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you’re missing out on Adderall- it’s situationally useful ;)
You can’t get adderall in the Uk however I did manage to source some years ago. I was prescribed an alternative, I still have the pills at home, I realised cutting out sugar and working out really helps me control my adhd/concentration

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What you wrote resonated with me a lot. I had the same attitude until I started doubting myself, thought that I should act like a player to prove something. Truth is, I was more of a man before I went down the player phase. I lowered myself and therefore I met girls of lower class. Wasting your time, care and seed for a woman you don't love is insane; I always felt that way and only now I realize my fallacy. Your post come to the right time.
I was so free to quote something you wrote in another thread because I want to comment on it and I think this thread is better suited.
I am doing the same thing, acting confident, pretending to be a "player" while I am actually very very insecure.
It's like I put up a facade. I think being just "normal" / myself is not enough. It is very hard for me to acknowledge it, and even harder to keep the facade put down.
If I would be just myself, I would care a lot less about some people. This includes all women who are not interested in understanding me / getting to know me like who I am, or haven't given me a helping hand. For men it's the same.
I'll now try to drop this whole acting sh1t, even if it means I show women directly I'm insecure or if I make it obvious to some people I don't really care about them. Odds are, they know it already.

M

member160761

I was so free to quote something you wrote in another thread because I want to comment on it and I think this thread is better suited.
I am doing the same thing, acting confident, pretending to be a "player" while I am actually very very insecure.
It's like I put up a facade. I think being just "normal" / myself is not enough. It is very hard for me to acknowledge it, and even harder to keep the facade put down.
If I would be just myself, I would care a lot less about some people. This includes all women who are not interested in understanding me / getting to know me like who I am, or haven't given me a helping hand. For men it's the same.
I'll now try to drop this whole acting sh1t, even if it means I show women directly I'm insecure or if I make it obvious to some people I don't really care about them. Odds are, they know it already.
It is better to be comfortable in your skin and do mistakes than the other way around where you are slick due to the facade you use. With "being yourself" it does not mean to stay the way you are if you have mostly bad qualities to show for. Instead take "being yourself" as being genuine with the goal and intention of being the best you can be. Be the best virtuous self you can be.

With me it only amounted to my frustration and anger when I put up a facade to bed a girl. Moreso when I did not bed her, and when I succeeded in hindsight I thought: What the **** am I doing? After I realized this I stopped giving a **** and am direct but tactful. I speak my mind freely without aplogizing but show that there is a beauty to what I am saying and not rudeness or being opinionated as some women think.