"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

DJing as a barman

Welsh DJ

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I was wondering if anyone has any tips or experiences they want to share on DJing as a barman? Seeing as i'm still early on in learning to become a don juan i wondered if anyone had any tips?
Cheers!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
865
Reaction score
10
Location
Swansea, Wales, UK
Where in Wales are you?
 

brainfreeze

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
First of all I think you've chose one of the best jobs to DJ in for so many reasons, I work as a barman, and have found this has improved my game in general, as well as being the source of many of my numbers.

I am going to compile a few of tips I have learnt in my experience in the next week (when i get the time, sorry :(), but are there any other, possibly more experienced DJ's who could share some of their advice?

Brainfreeze
 

brainfreeze

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
bump!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
I bartend on occassion here's what I've learned.

Don't get'em to stinko or they won't remember you.

Girls asking for blended drinks are 9 times out of 10 flakey. If they want a White Zifindael, then they think the have class but are absolutely clueless about it. If the want a wine, they are high class, a bit more prudish. If they want a beer, then they are down to earth and cool. If they take straight shots they are sluts.

"The Rule of Four." I did this for fun one night, I gave some girls a couple of shooters that only had mixers and no alcohol. After taking four of them they claimed to be hammered and started acting slutty. In reality girls just use booze as an excuse to be what they truely are.

Watch for the girl that has a gaggle of guys around her and doesn't seem to be buying her own drinks. She is a manipulator.

As a bartender if you notice a guy who is digging on the same girl as you. Give him some free shots and booze, that way he will be way to drunk to be smooth. Makes it easier on you.

You'll have two types of people come into the bar. Regulars and one-nighters. One-nighters just show up out of the blue for many reasons: just passing through, bad day, bar hoping, trolling for skanks. Go after the one-nighters first, since they won't be back they won't burn when talking to the regular clientel. Only pursue regulars one at a time and over long periods of time so no one figures out your just there for the sex.

Most of all you're going to learn most of this on your own, just keep your eyes and ears open and you'll learn it quickly.

-Grey Fox
 

Drex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
568
Reaction score
0
Grey Fox, good info, all true! I bartend as well.

Originally posted by Grey Fox
"The Rule of Four." I did this for fun one night, I gave some girls a couple of shooters that only had mixers and no alcohol. After taking four of them they claimed to be hammered and started acting slutty. In reality girls just use booze as an excuse to be what they truely are.
I really like this test of yours! Interesting results.
 

donny osmond

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
164
Reaction score
0
Alrite boyos,

I am thinking of becoming a barman when i go to university at the start of October.

The thing is, i'm still 17. I've been going to pubs/clubs/bars from when i turned 16 - i look old (6'3+workout) so i hardly ever get ID'd.

Being 17 means that i can't get any 'hands-on' experience behind a bar until the middle of August!

How did you guys get your jobs as barmen? Did you have any previous experience?


Cheers,


Donny
 
Top