Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #2

terminator911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tweeder
I must talk to you bud, please e-mail me @ diablorojo911@yahoo.com

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
had one conversation today.. this is a little more challenging than I thought. Too many silent moments.

But the old man was glad to have someone to talk too..

Time to reread the articles and work on my convo skills!

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
me and my friend were gonna go to the mall today, but we couldnt find each other.. heh kept looking for each other. but it seems harder than i thought to try to keep eye contact. the second i see them look at me i look away bc i feel like they will think im a weirdo for staring at them or something. i know this sound stupid. anyone know any way to stop this, or is it to just do it?

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost:
me and my friend were gonna go to the mall today, but we couldnt find each other.. heh kept looking for each other. but it seems harder than i thought to try to keep eye contact. the second i see them look at me i look away bc i feel like they will think im a weirdo for staring at them or something. i know this sound stupid. anyone know any way to stop this, or is it to just do it?

1) don't look away
2) SMILE!

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I went to the mall today and got 2 phone numbers. One when I was buying myself a new shirt at Dillards and another when I was in the parking lot going to my car.

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, everybody's getting some results again.

I just need to vent again.
Boy, with finals coming up and all, its hard to be optimistic and be in the mood to talk to people. Through tries, I noticed that a lot of people are pretty receptive to conversation in key places like elevator, in a line for a coffee, bank, etc, and in many other public places...

I just find myself being half-hearted or almost empty when I try to converse. Yeah, the stress of exams and finding a new school is tough. Its great that everybody has the energy to invest in starting a relationship with people...

the-king

Don Juan
Reaction score
hello everyone,

i am little late.I finished reading the material of the first week exercice.
I said hi to 3 girls..but i will continue to practice untill i will finish 50 or more.
Then i will be with the all of you.

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*bump*

Centaur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Report...

Been smiling and saying hello and have thoroughly enjoyed myself this week--and I'm not just saying that. I find myself gluing this corny feeling smile on my face, and realize that the more I do it, the more comfortable it feels, and the greater sense of well-being I experience as a result. It hadn't occured to me what a previously self-absorbed, uptight buster I'd become...

But something else interesting happened; I started talking to a couple of guys in a juice shop one day, just to fulfill my requirement of talking to 10 individuals. So I ended up talking and joking with them and, then, I started to sort of focus on one of the guys because we were in similar fields--so I began to apply some of the conversational strategies mapped out by Pimpologist in this weeks reading (i.e., paraphrasing, word subsitution and delayed follow up questioning). Well, as it turns out, I said good bye to them and the other guy was like, "remember he's mine." And it suddenly occured to me that the two guys were a couple, and one was getting jealous because he perceived I was hitting on the other. Now I'm far from homophobic or homosexual, but I wonder, especially because I live in NYC, to what extent talking to other guys using some of these strategies can be misconstrued as "hitting on them" .......

Centaur

Emerging DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Centaur- Well, I'm not homophobic, but personally, I'd rather not find out. So I'll just stick to girls.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this week was fun. I did em all in today, and it went well. Okay, so I went to Mickey Ds for lunch, and bang there we go. To warm up, I see this old dude sitting alone, so I just strike up a light conversation with him. Friendly enough. Then outside McDs was another old lady, so I talked to her. Two done. I got a couple of convos out of other people just walking on the street and in stores. Most of the time I just asked them for help trying to think of something to get my mom for Mother's Day.

When I was about up to number 7, I had been walking around for like 2 hours already so I went to Mickey Ds to get a vanilla cone. I sit down to eat it next to this decent looking girl my age (a 6 prolly) and her grandmother. The grandmom leaves to buy something in another store, and I see the girl checking out this piano book. "You've just started learning to play?" She smiles, I smile, convo ensues. Turns out it was for her students, cuz she gives piano lessons since she's like on level 8 out of 10 at some Piano World place or something.

My fav convo of the day happened like this. Okay, so I was getting tired from walking around, so I returned a book at the library that was due. When I went out, bang, there's this decent looking girl (a 6.5) reading/studying stuff on the steps of the library. I didn't notice her at first though, and I was tired so I just sat down on the steps to relax. There I am just relaxing, and so I start looking around and I see this chick. I look forward, turn back to her and next thing I know I see her sneaking a peek at me. I turn my head around to face her and it was pretty damn funny seeing how fast her head moved back down to her books. hehe So I was like, "Hmm, should I approach? I guess so." So I go up to her, "So whatcha studying there?" German. Convo ensues, I get her name. Looking back she was twirling her hair like crazy so I probably should have went for the e-mail and number. Ah wellz. After that I finished up my other convos.

Here's what I learned today:
1. It's usually best to start a conversation with a lil comment. Next best is a hi and how're you doing?
2. Asking for the name does not work as the first question usually does not work unless they're pretty friendly. It's best to get the name during the conversation after you've established a lil rapport. I usually brought it up by saying, "Oh I didn't get your name... (She says her name), Nice to meet you (name), I'm John"

Some funny stuff during the day: I see this lady has popcorn in her bag and I say, "Coming from the movies?" "No, I just came back from a parade" Then I asked her name (she was a middle aged lady btw) and she was like, "huh? Why do you want to know?" lol I hope she didn't think I was trying to hit on her. Another one was when I approached this other lady and I said "Hi, how're you doing?" She gives me this weird look and says, "I don't know you." lol I was able to rely back upon my mother's day gift ideas so that went ok though. Can't wait til the next assignment!

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aznbreakerjrey that's some great stuff dude!

I spent most of the weekend at home... ugh. Had a huge online conversation with an AFC who's convinced he's in love with a girl who's in love with him - they've been looking at each other for 2 years, never talked. bah.

I guess tomorrow I'll really start working on assignment #2, while I go out and look for jobs

ninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the assignment this week.

I had so much fun in fact that I talked to about 15 people all up. From that I got two numbers (after realising from the Bible that the chicks were actually giving me buying signals!).

I have gained so much more confidence from this exercise. I have realised that people are usually just as eager to talk to other people, especially when they are stuck doing mundane tasks (such as shopping). What I also found was that people are usually more talkative during weekends or when they are wind down after work.

Do you guys find the same thing?

Looking forward to next week's assignment!
Ninja

Ronin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed that even people that you think wouldn't wantt to talk will talk with you once you get them started.

Sean

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im really gonna be behind here :p. i went to the mall to practice but instead wound up looking for my friend that iwas supposed ot meet the entire time. havent gotten anything done
. the few times i tried to look in some hotties eyes while looking for my friend once they looked back at me id look away, doh! next time ill try to make sure i dont do that.

hellfire104

Don Juan
Reaction score
how old is everybody in here?
I find it far more difficult to go to the mall and find a girl by herself sitting lol!
that never happens, in fact i hardly ever see a girl at the mall without a guy already with her.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 16. hellfire, just keep on trying and you'll eventually find people. How about trying out the eating section? Or go into Macy's or something and ask various women who are shopping for their opinions on what you should get your "friend" for her upcoming birthday? And MotU, when's the next assignment?

[This message has been edited by aznbreakerjrey (edited 05-06-2002).]

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well. not going as well as with other people.

So I've decided on this course of action:

Today: restart assignment #1 (went very well.. 25 hi's)
Tuesday: finish assignment #1
Wed & Thur: assignment #2
Friday-Sunday: Assignment #3

now if only I had my new shoes, I wouldn't be in pain!!

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost:
yeah, i saw barely any girls at the mall heh. know any other chick magnet places?
what's wrong with the girls where you live? If they're not at the malls, are they really girls?