Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #2

anti-trend

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronin:
Sorry for the dumb question but is it 10 people per day? Or is it 10 people throught the week?

Sean
for the week, if you can do 10 a day more power to you.

newdj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guyz...

I think that this is the most important part of the Boot camp thingy.... First let me tell you a bit about myself,

I think the main reason i am shy is that people dont understand me when i talk, thats why i try to avoid conversations. You see English is not my first language but i leave in a country that uses English as the main language. When i speak people usually tend to not understand me sometimes(Not always though) and i have to repeat what i just said sometimes twice or three times, which i find very annoying. Its not that i cannot speak english, im sure you can tell by my writing that im quite good at it. Infact at school i got one of the highest grades compared to poeple born with English as their mother tongue.

My main problem is pronounciation i pronounced words with a different accent. (The funny thing is that if i speak to someone from my own country in English he/she understands every single word i say). And to make things worse i have one of the deepest voices ever. My voice is sounds like a 'Boom Box'

At first i thought it would disappear after livin here for a while.. well guess what its been almost 6 yrs.. Thats when i realised that the problem is not the english, but my voice!!

I never really talk to poeple on the phone coz usually i feel like im trying to explain to a three yr old everything im sayin. And when im out in clubs or or in Pubs you can imagine how worse it is with all the loud music !!!

Now i know that my problem is not sparking up a conversation or making it last.. coz if you speak my language i would make you talk the **** out of yourself for hours. But no one here speaks my language!!! I'm sure if i wasn't havin this problem with poeple undertanding me i would be an expert in DJing coz i dont really find it a problem talking to poeple who speaks the same language as me..

So what would the DJz advice??

ps. I think this DJ Boot Camp thing is a great idea, im sure a lot of poeple (Including me) would benefit from it in the end..

Ronin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All I can think of is when your talking just SLOW DOWN and try to prounounce (Sp?) every word so that even f you have an accent, your still speaking slow enough for people to understand. Also, there is nothing wrong with a deep voice. Most girls think that a deep voice is sexy.

PEace

Sean

T Dog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hellfire104:
ok ill give it an honest effort but seriously
talking to senion citizens and guys is a whole different game then talking to girls.

I can look at a guy anytime and say hi but if its some babe it comes off as more difficult.
Hellfire, in exercise #2 MOTU is giving you a forum to develop the skills ands tools to become comfortable talking with anyone. The goal of this exercise is to talk to everyone regardless of who they are, guy or girl. Don't concentrate on whether they are a hot girl or a fat chick or the mailman, in fact act like they are all the mailman and ignore everything else. Later you will use these skills that you are learning now to talk with the hot girls. By then it should be second nature.

Right now just have fun.

T Dog

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im gonna try to combine both week 1 and 2 this week so i wont be behind
. Im hopefully going to the mall this weekend with my friend because 1(i need new clothes and ****),2 to practice all this boot camp stuff

Emoney

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, finally, a bit of success!

Well i have been smiling and saying to hello to people the past week and a half, and i must say that eye contact with people is harder than i thought it would be....i have been trying to look more at people and see what their reaction is, most of the time its either they won't even look or they will turn away....i say i got about 30 good eye contacts and about 10 hellos, did not make the quota but doesn't mean im gonna stop.

Anyways with this weeks lesson, it has scared me a bit, because actually talking to people i don't know is a big step, but i have been trying. I promised myself that i would try to keep the talking to girls at least to gain comfortability. So today before going to the gym i went to the market. There is this girl there who is quite cute. 5'4, blonde hair, with a mix of tints in the front that are stylish, green eyes, and a cute body under her uniform i am sure. Everytime i go there she is there and looks at me and smiles at me and says hello. I never really thought about going up to her until last week after i started the program. TOday i said to myself, figure out a way to talk to her.

So after i did my shopping, i couldn't find the girl where she usually is. So i walked by the flower arrangements to see what i wanted to get for my mom for mothers day. SHe came behind me and asked me if i needed any help, i turned around smiled and asked her stuff about what to get my mom for mothers day, what she thought, and about getting a order placed for mothers day. THe whole time she was looking at me and did smile greatly when i said i want my mom to love my gift, she works hard all year and i want to show her i appreciate what she does. She said it would be best to come back next week and place the order so it is fresh when you pick it up...i told her i would do that. I asked for her name...she said my name is Krissy, i said please to meet you Krissy my name is Eric i hope to see you next week so you can help me out more.

I felt really good about this because she was indeed a hottie and i feel a bit more relaxed about the situation. I just want to know did i do this right? Should i have kept on talking to her and got the number? I was hesitant to do so because he boss was right there and it just might of looked really bad for her at that point, but i didn't want to keep lingering the conversation. Please people tell me what you think.

Eric
DJ Boot Camp Member in transition for weeks one and two.

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to go Eric. Congrats on taking a big step. Now you know it feels good, so keep doing it.

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

Who wants to be a DJ when you can be so much more?

tweeder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to go Eric. Glad to see some success stories already!

Today I striked up threee conversations. All with attractive girls. I figure if I'm going to do this I might as well dive head first.

Two of the girls were very receptive. Has no trouble talking with them. Could have maybe gone for the number, but I remember my teacher always telling me not to work ahead, so I'll wait for that part. Let's keep up the good work guys. This idea has been great so far.

El MonoLoco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Woops...

I couldn't contain myself in the last exercise and ended up talking to a bunch of people. Think I recapped some #'s in my response on the thread for week #1.

This should be fun.

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, everybody is getting the high by the success!

So for my report, I'm still working.
I managed to start a brief convo that only lasted 30,40 seconds.. Not long enough..

And I still play on the safe side by talking to 2,3 girls. The 5 and beyond all seem to have guys around them. Somehow, guys hanging around girls just give that "leave us alone" kind of feel even if they're not couples.

Dr_Feelgood

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just got back from the bar. I know, I have to stop going to the bars to do this stuff. But, I went to celebrate how good things are going, and ended up talking to a hot chick for about 20 minutes.

The other night at a bar, I talked to a hottie for about 2 hours. She looked at me. I said "hi". Got a smile and return "hi", and things took off from there.

I have no problems talking to guys. Have had two conversations with guys, so far. In the past, I would have felt a little strange doing this. But, it's nice knowing how easy it is to make new friends. You can never have too many friends. Unless they're female.

I went to the bookstore last night. Had two conversations with girls. Each lasting about 2-10 minutes. I thought, "Hell, I'll just knock this whole excercise out in one night." It was really hard at first. I've been shy and introverted all of my life. But, thanks to this boot camp, that's changing. I'm becoming so much more confident and extroverted. It's amazing!

Anyway, I tried to talk to about three other girls at the same bookstore. One, was busy, one seemed either unfriendly or shy, and one was definitely shy. (I practically had to drag the convo out of her. It was like pulling teeth. SO I gave up on her.)

I had another long (10-15 min) with a hottie at the gym this morning. I'm up to 6 for the week so far.

But, the most important lesson is this: Don't be a meathead like me. Tonight, I went to the grocery store. It was my sixth convo. attempt. I asked a girl for advice on picking tomatoes. We had a long convo, and she seemed very interested in me. She didn't seem to want me to leave. At the end of the convo, she seemed a little disappointed. Probably because I was too stupid to ask for her number.

I was so intent on just getting convos, and sticking to the exercises, I was too stupid to realize what a great opportunity I had with her. I'm trying to stay with the exercises, and take this one step at a time. But, if you have the chance, and a girl you're talking to really seems to like you... Close the deal. She might turn out to be the best girl you've ever dated. Don't skip going for it, just because it's not part of the exercise.

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJs,

I'm really excited to hear about the successes we're all achieving! We rock!

Before I post some replies, I just want you to know that I'm leaving right now for a business trip to the east coast, and will be back late Sunday evening. I don't think I'll have access to the Internet until I get back, so I might have to post the next week's lesson on Monday morning... we'll see.

Anyway, post your results, and how things are going. So far, I've had three conversations, and I look forward to having plenty more convos to report to you when I get back!

hellfire,

"ok ill give it an honest effort but seriously"

That's the spirit bro!

Powertrip,

"BTW, sorry I didnt get out Friday night, unfortunately it was a late night at work and I pretty much passed out afterwards. Shoot me an email (I wrote you back last time, however it got bounced back <?> ) and let me know if you want to try again sometime."

No problem... I was actually at work till almost midnight myself as well. When I get back from my trip I'll e-mail you, and we'll give next week a shot.

newdj,

I used to have the same problem you did, being that English is also my second language. In the past, people would tell me that I talk too fast or that I mumble... I used to hate my accent.

I started to talk slower and pay more attention in pronouncing each word. Now I get compliments on my accent =)

So force yourself when speaking to pronounce each word and syllable completely, and slow down your talking... and you'll do great!

T Dog,

"Hellfire, in exercise #2 MOTU is giving you a forum to develop the skills ands tools to become comfortable talking with anyone. The goal of this exercise is to talk to everyone regardless of who they are, guy or girl. Don't concentrate on whether they are a hot girl or a fat chick or the mailman, in fact act like they are all the mailman and ignore everything else. Later you will use these skills that you are learning now to talk with the hot girls. By then it should be second nature."

You hit the nail on the head. This is exactly how everyone should view this second week!

Emoney,

You're doing great man, keep it up!

Tweeder,

"Could have maybe gone for the number, but I remember my teacher always telling me not to work ahead"

I agree with you ... 47th Law of Power "DO NOT GO PAST THE MARK YOU AIMED FOR; IN VICTORY, LEARN WHEN TO STOP"

Dr_Feelgood,

Damn guy, you're kicking butt on this boot camp. Keep up the wonderful attitude and success.

Allright fellow DJs, let's make it through this second week, and be one step closer to our goals!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 05-01-2002).]

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm going to join boot camp now. I know I'm going to be starting a little late, but that's because I want to start over. I just finished my freshman year of college and feel my skills needed polished (I'm not quite at Pook's level yet). Had a great time practicing all year and think I might fare even better by starting all over from scratch when I get back home. Good luck to everyone else. Great idea Master of the Universe.

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty

Emerging DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, since I work as a cashier in retail, I've lost count of how many I've had convos with. Some customers seemed rather shy and introverted while others were very comfortable with having a convo. I've had a few 2-4 min convos as well as a couple 5-8 minute convos. I find it even easier than before to start a convo with a stranger now that I'm focusing on doing it.

Hopefully I can translate this confidence to talking to strange, beautiful women. That'll be next week, I hope!!

Stealth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm off to a good start, i had a conversation with a nurse at the school blood drive about my arm( she said i pulled a ligament) only thing is the convo focused around me

and tonight there was a new girl at work, shes a solid 8. i sat down with her when she was stuffing envelopes and offered to help, we had a good 20min convo and i did a fair job of keeping the convo focused on her. i even through a neg hit in there. she said she wants to be a host of a show on mtv oneday. i replyed with "You think you can do that?, you need to have like a perfect body and clear skin for a job like that" If that didnt knock her head outa the clouds i dunno what will! i stillg ot the week end ahead to finish up.

Ronin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got aquestion. Dose it count if you talk to people who are suppost to be friendly to you? Like abus driver, a taxi driver, a hair dresser..stuff like that, because they arent total strangers. They are almost your helpers (public servants) and are not like most strangers because they are used to having converstaions with strangers. Just a little curious because if they do qualify then I have a good 4 already. If not, i better start lookin for people to talk to.

Sean

SquirrelScammer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hehe, week's 1 and 2 easy for me since I have now gotten to a point where these things are a part of my everday life, except I usually only make efforts to start talking to the good looking girls I see anywhere around. These are good plans to follow as they help to develop character and shed any inhibitions you might have left over. In middle school I was always shy, but now people say I am very outgoing. Keep up the good work guys and know the scammer is right there with ya.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronin:
I got aquestion. Dose it count if you talk to people who are suppost to be friendly to you? Like abus driver, a taxi driver, a hair dresser..stuff like that, because they arent total strangers. They are almost your helpers (public servants) and are not like most strangers because they are used to having converstaions with strangers.
Sean
Of course they're strangers. And friendly strangers is a bonus! It's easier to start convos with them

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bumpety-bump!

c'mon.. isn't anyone doing this? I thought I'd be the only one to wait till the weekend to do the assignment...

Dr_Feelgood

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm up to eight convos so far. Although, I almost hate to count the one last night. It was at a bar, I was kind of buzzing, but I did initiate it. I also intitiated kino for the first time, and this girl was all over me.

I plan to get more than 10 this weekend. I thought this exercise would be really tough. It is harder for me talking to girls at places that I never have before. Like the gym, bookstores, grocery stores. It's easy to talk to them at bars, though. Now, it's getting easier to talk to them everywhere. This is great!

P.S. Most of my convos have been with women. I know that's next weeks lesson, but I decided to really push myself. Four of these women were real hotties. At least three of them were date-able. I might cheat and go for a few numbers if this keeps up. lol