Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #2

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Recruits, congratulations on finishing the first week!

By looking at the many posts to the thread, I can tell that this has been one hell of a power-packed week for many of you… and this is only the beginning!

Just like in a military boot camp, we’re going to maintain this high intensity atmosphere until we melt the AFC out of us, and become the DJ that’s just burning to get out.

Purpose of this lesson: So, now that you’ve practiced establishing eye contact, and have got more comfortable saying Hi to strangers, this week’s lesson takes us into the next phase – starting a conversation with a stranger!

For many people, this is the second most difficult step, right after dealing with rejections. So if you persevere through this week, you will have attained an unbelievable skill… one that will serve not only in meeting women, but in all aspects of your life.

Reading Material

This conversation stuff really works! by meathead http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000924.html

The number one rule of a conversation is to talk about the other person (the person you’re talking to). By doing this, and having that person talk about herself, you will be perceived as a great conversationalist.

How to be a better conversationalist by Poet http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000235.html

A few quick tips on initiating and maintaining a conversation. Geared more towards a girl you are interested in, but can easily be modified to work on any person.

Pimpology 101: The Conversation - Parts I – III by Pimpologist http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000586.html http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000601.html http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000609.html

Here’s a basic outline for approaching someone, initiating conversation, and establishing rapport.

Pimpolgy 101: Connecting Through Understanding and Relating – Part I by Pimpologist http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001277.html

An excellent post on having a fun and interesting conversation with anyone… a conversation that the person will really appreciate and enjoy.

Guide to Listening by Sociopath31 http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000715.html

What differentiates a rambler from a good conversationalist is the ability to be a good listener. This is a skill that very few people have, but which everyone appreciates. Here are some tips to becoming a better listener.

Fine tune your sense of humour by JuanWannabe http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000397.html

Let’s face it, a sense of humor is a Godsend. People want to be around people that can make them laugh. Now you’ll learn how to get your humorous and fun side out of the closet, and make the world a better place!

Music Picks by TheRockStar (Songs to get you into the theme of the lesson).

Dave Matthews Band - So Much to Say

Semisonic - Facinating New Things

Black Crowes - She Talk to Angels

Dave Matthews Band - What Would You Say

Garth Brooks - Standing Outside the Fire

No Doubt - Hey Baby

Hot Chocolate - I Believe In Miracles

Exercises,

Alright, so you’ve read the posts above, and you know have an understanding of how to approach people and start a conversation. Now, it’s time to do it!

Your mission is to go out and have short conversations (2 – 10 minute each in length) with 10 strangers. You can talk to them about anything, and you can talk to any person whom you have never spoken to before. You’ll find that it might feel a little awkward in the beginning to talk to strangers for any length of time… but after the first couple of times you’ll find that it’s actually a wonderful feeling. You’ll really get a rush out of this.

Also, keep in mind that most people want to meet other people and have conversations with them, but are just too shy or insecure. So in fact, you will be doing a huge favor to those people whom you decide to hold a conversation with. Plus, I’ll bet you’ll learn new things from them, and maybe even make a couple of new friends. And in this phase of the Boot Camp, don’t let yourself feel limited to speaking to only girls… speak with anyone you want!

In fact, if you’re a bit apprehensive about talking to people, you can start out with those people who are easier for you to approach. For me, this is senior citizens, since I’ve found that most of them love talking with anyone who would give them half an ear, and I’ve found them to be very interesting conversationalists.

After each conversation, write down in your journal what you thought of the conversation, and appx. the length of the conversation (estimate if you don’t have a watch). Once you complete this lesson, post your results, plus the topic of your most interesting conversation, and anything else you wish to share.

You have until this Sunday (May 5) to complete this lesson. Also, make sure you keep on practicing the skills learned in the first lesson (e.g., you can practice establishing eye contact with someone, saying Hi, and going into a conversation. However, initial eye contact or a Hi is not a requirement before initiating a conversation).

Also, a tip that might help you with this lesson, and the next few lessons, is the 3 second rule (You can find it on ASF). What this means is that when you find someone you might be interested in approaching, don't give yourself more than 3 seconds from the moment you are able, to approach them. Anything longer than 3 seconds highly increases the chance that your nerves will work against you, and that you'll chicken out. Even if you have nothing planned to discuss with them, you'll find that you'll amazingly have something to say if you can only force your feet to propel you to the person.

Good luck recruits, we are kicking ass!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 04-29-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 04-29-2002).]

Mack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's do it guys!

------------------
Mack

I can't blame them for loving me, I got many interesting qualities

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Finished assignment#1 today, finally!

Funny how grumpy people get when it was sunny 2 weeks ago, cloudy and rainy last week, and snowing during the weekend

Time to read the articles now...

Struggling

Banned
Reaction score
Okay,I'll just wait for week 3 because confidence and starting conversation with girls isnt much a problem with me. I can have a girl talking for hours. Thats what I'm known for with my friends. Outgoing...

Okay...
so I'll wait for week 3.

Don Scotta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is 2 minutes really a minimum, I've been making convo's with people lately, but even 2 minutes can be long sometimes, i think as long as you start the convo you're ok.

I would play the length of the conversation by ear, I wouldn't want to make a situation awkward just to get to the 2 minute point.

And a 10 minute conversation? With a stranger? I can see in some situations, like when I went to college, everyone smoked out in the gazebo and you could carry on a long conversation because you were on break. But, if I stop someone at the mall for instance, I would not want to talk that long.

I'm not trying to discredit your assignment, I love the bootcamp idea, was just thinking that maybe people shouldn't focus too much on lenght, more play it by ear, but I also understand some people need more direction.

hellfire104

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok…..wait this is a pretty big step. It was hard enough at least for me and im sure some others to walk through a mall and see a drop dead georgous girl, look into her eyes, smile, and say hello. But now we are stopping, and talking for 2-10 mins with that same situation? Not gunna happen for a lot of people.
I can tell ya right now that a lot of people are thinking that. I am heh. If theres eight weeks, and we are conversational at step 2, then my god by week 5 we are going to be having sex lol. That’s what im thinking.

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's less than 2 minutes, you really haven't had much of a conversation at all. And 10 mins is something to aim for, never what's required. Just try it guys. I think you'll be surprised about how easy it comes... I've done this at least 5 times in the past week without even making the attempt.

MotU's thing of trying on senior citizens is a great idea if you lack confidence initially. Senior citizens are for the most part very lonely and the absolutely love to talk... the came from an age before TV in which people actually DID talk to eachother on a regular basis. Go to it... I know you can do it.

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's less than 2 minutes, you really haven't had much of a conversation at all. And 10 mins is something to aim for, never what's required. Just try it guys. I think you'll be surprised about how easy it comes... I've done this at least 5 times in the past week without even making the attempt.

MotU's thing of trying on senior citizens is a great idea if you lack confidence initially. Senior citizens are for the most part very lonely and the absolutely love to talk... the came from an age before TV in which people actually DID talk to eachother on a regular basis. Go to it... I know you can do it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you are done can you keep all the links for the differeent weeks together. i am trying my best to go through, but i live in arkansas, and i can't even find 100 women to talk to! It's hard to keep up.

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, first of all, if you look back up at the lesson plan, you'll find that there's a new section containing songs titles that are based on this week's lesson. These were suggested by TheRockStar, and I think they'll be very helpful in getting us in the mindset of starting conversations with strangers. Thanks TheRockStar!

mistyc,

"Finished assignment#1 today, finally!"

Congratulations my friend!!!

Don Scotta and hellfire104,

I understand that this may be a difficult step to take, but I think that if you actually give it a shot, you'll find that you'll manage.

Will this take you out of your comfort zone? I hope so, since this is my intention.

However, don't think that you have to stop someone in the street or establish convo with only hot chicks. Talk with anyone you want, in any situation you feel is appropriate.

Here are some locations where it is easier to talk to people:

School or college (if you're in school, it doesn't get simpler than this... talk about the teacher, class, homework, school food
... anything)

Library (talk to the librarian about a new book that's coming out)

Senior citizen's home (nothing that's more rewarding than spending time with someone who actually appreciates it)

Restaurant (Talk with that waitress about how long she's been working there, the weather outside, or anything else. Trust me, she won't mind talking for 2 minutes... she wants a good tip and to make the customer happy, and for her 2 minutes of talking is a no biggie)

Church (People tend to be easy to approach and speak with in a church or other religious gathering)

Many other places (DJs, post other places where you find it easy to talk to people).

If this lesson is virtually impossible for you to complete, then e-mail me at the_masteroftheuniverse@yahoo.com and let me know exactly what is the difficulty, and I'll see what I can do.

But, give it a shot. Trust me, you'll love the wonderful feeling!

Lost,

Welcome aboard. Just start out at week #1 by going to http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/014030.html

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

hellfire104

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok ill give it an honest effort but seriously
talking to senion citizens and guys is a whole different game then talking to girls.

I can look at a guy anytime and say hi but if its some babe it comes off as more difficult.

Randall

Reaction score
Why does anyone think that talking to ten people is hard? Trigonometry is hard, not conversation. And why would anyone be afraid of talking to ten people? If your going to be afraid of somthing be afraid of war, crime, illness, or death. Those are things to be afraid of, not talking to people. Conversation is a natural act, not something to be apprehensive about.

Randall

Reaction score
Why does anyone think that talking to ten people is hard? Trigonometry is hard, not conversation. And why would anyone be afraid of talking to ten people? If your going to be afraid of somthing be afraid of war, crime, illness, or death. Those are things to be afraid of, not talking to people. Conversation is a natural act, not something to be apprehensive about.

hellfire104

Don Juan
Reaction score
tell ya what randall. If you are so confident about yourself and so unshy and whatever then you don't belong in this forum. and you DEFIATLY don't need to be giving me **** because im shy. This is so help overcome shyness. and your not helping

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by hellfire104:
tell ya what randall. If you are so confident about yourself and so unshy and whatever then you don't belong in this forum. and you DEFIATLY don't need to be giving me **** because im shy. This is so help overcome shyness. and your not helping

STOP CRYING LIKE A B1TCH.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MotU, I'm really impressed. Week #2 is exactly something that I had outlined in my "self-improvement project", so I'll be following along in spirit, but to a different degree. Keep up the good work!

BTW, sorry I didnt get out Friday night, unfortunately it was a late night at work and I pretty much passed out afterwards. Shoot me an email (I wrote you back last time, however it got bounced back <?> ) and let me know if you want to try again sometime.

-C.

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Arg,

I talked to a girl in Blimpie for 2,3 minutes about whether she has any subways that she recommends. After that, we stopped talking.

Must try harder, laterz

Randall

Reaction score
Originally posted by hellfire104:
Boo-hoo! So your shy. Why don't you do something about it, huh? Do you really think complaining about it is going to do you ANY good whatsover? Complaining is POINTLESS. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just telling you that it is not hard to start a conversation with someone. Just do it! What is the worst possible circumstance that could happen? The worst thing is getting embarresed in front of someone you will probrably never see again. Now, is that really that bad?

Ronin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but is it 10 people per day? Or is it 10 people throught the week?

Sean