Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #1

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm... either it's the low temperatures (half of the 30+ we had last week) or it's because I'm betweem two exams.. But I seem to be the total AFC I was before! Not even saying hi, not getting lots of eye contact... argh!!!

I think I'll just wait till my exams are over...

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dr Feelgood said: "I said "hi" 51 times, so far. And I'm not done yet. My confidence has increased greatly. I'm watching my shyness melt away, and my true Don Juan self, emerge."

Me: Damn, it's only Wednesday. Dr. Feelgood has set the bar very high IMO. I need to get more working on it. Good job Doc!

Legend

------------------
"No passions, no life..."

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."... Ben Hogan

"The key to happiness in your life is "Your Life",... Don the Legend

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rico Suave:

I was walking across campus and I saw my best friend walking out the back entrance of the science building. I waved and said a loud hello to my best bud, while at the same time some old dude was walking out the front entrance. I've never seen this old guy before, but apparently he thought I was saying hello to him, to which smiled and replied something really stupid sounding like "what, are you talking to me?". I ignored the old guy and continued shouting across the parking lot to my friend saying that we should meet up this week again.

Anyways, as I waved goodbye just a moment later, I continued walking onward, right past the old guy. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was cowering his eyes away from mine because he knew that he was the idiot while I was the true Don in that situation.

Hehe, anyone ever been on the receiving end of thinking that somebody is saying hello to you when they really aren't? Feels pretty stupid I bet.

LOL, I almost fell off my chair laughin' when I read that.

I also said all kinds of hi's and made a lot of eye contact as well. People did not make eye contact a lot and the ones that did looked away from me first. Well I feel real good when I think of it that way, but then again I was in an excercise and other people aren't.

------------------
"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face" -Eleanor Roosevelt

"If you do something, you'll reap rewards."

Randall

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and I have to say that I am waaayyyy behind in Week #1. I only have 12 "hi's" so far, but I WILL get the 50 by Sunday.

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yay!

I finally got success today! I didn't get to talk/go hi to a lot of people but it certainly was a lot better than yesterday.

I got 3 people, all great quality responses.

1. There's this grumpy looking women in her mid-30's who always walk by me frowning so I flashed a smile and said "HI!". Voila, she looked a bit surprised but broke into a smile and hied me back.

2. A ROTC girl with a lot of bags walked by and I commented on those as well as hi-ing her. She blushed and talked a little bit about her luggage about how she's used to them.

3. I hied a waitress and obviously, she responded, not sure if that counts but oh well.

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not trying to be pessimistic but I hope that despite a lot of success stories, we won't be hiting a wall somewhere in the path.

Like body-building, we may see big results initially and chug on till we hit a plateau.

Like, from eye-contact to a hi. The next few steps would involve closing in to a girl and all. Hopefully, this training would prepare people for that.

Then again, I've heard of a asian analogy where for a ninja to jump several feet high, he starts out by jumping over a small seedling. He continues to jump over them as the seedling grow till he eventually finds it natural to jump over towering trees.

Its a bit exxaggerating but I guess theres a point to it about going slow to get used to it first.

TheRockStar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
posting this somewhere else.

------------------
Got a drum life?

"No little perv bull**** is gonna work with this one, you gotta play it smooth, be Don Juan de la Nootch"- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

[This message has been edited by TheRockStar (edited 04-25-2002).]

Don Juan de Greek

Reaction score
Things don't seem very well here.

I started the bootcamp today thinking that it would be easy for me to finish it in 4 days(the 50 hi thing) but I was one hour outside there in a very crowded place and i only said 5 hi (all with a hi as a response).

What I think went wrong:

1) I can't seem to be able to say hi to women at the ages 15-40 and to men of the ages 15-60. How can I solve this?

2) I didn't get eye contact from the others (only 3% did return my eye contact-but I didn't smile nor they). How is it possible to get eye contact from a 25 year old girl? That group is not interested in me (I'm 18)

3) I feel very strange saying hi to strangers. I suppose they'll think ''o.k what's wrong with this boy?''

I don't mean to whine. On the contrary I find the boot camp very challenging and I want to succeed in every single mission of this. So please help me.

P.S I'm not nervous maintaining eye contact with strangers.

Dr_Feelgood

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys need to stop worrying so much about what other people will think. So what if they think, "what's wrong with him?" If they think that, they're just ignorant and unfriendly. If some pretty girl was walking by you, and she said "hi" and smiled, would you think, "what's wrong with her?"

Hell no! You'd think, "wow! she said 'hi' to me" And it would probably make your day. All you're doing is being friendly. No one is asking you to invade someone's personal space. You don't have to say anything else. Just "hi". If you don't get the eye contact, say "hi" anyway. They'll probably hear you, smile, and say "hi" back to you. I noticed that this happened to me.

There were a couple pretty girls I was trying to make eye contact with, and they shyly looked down, or away. Then, I said a loud, confident "hi" , with a friendly smile. They would then look at me, smile, and say "hi" quietly in return. I don't think that anyone thinks any less of me for saying "hi". And, if they do, it's their problem. Not mine. I'm just being friendly, and getting over my shyness. I'm going to do that no matter what anyone says or thinks about me. No one is going to stop me!

That's the attitude you need. If you're having trouble saying "hi" to girls, say it to anyone at first. But, eventually, you'll want to say it to girls. The hotter, the better. After all, the point of all of this is to get better with women. But, even if you don't, you'll have more confidence and better social skills.

tweeder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so far I've been doing good. Eye contact and smile with no problem. Almost every girl has said hi back. But what I really want to tell you all is the one negative experience I had. This is for all the guys who seem to care what the girl/guy will think of them.

I was at the movies with some male and female friends. A perfect 10 comes into the theatre. All my guy friends were drooling. So when she comes by I see her looking right at me, and I said, "Hey how's it going?" She then gets this disgusted look on her face and said, "I'M MARRIED." It was the bytchiest reply I've ever gotten. So I said, "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know your husband kept you on such a tight leash that you can't say hi to othe guys."

Well this pissed her off, and her and her friend went back out. When they left my female friend told me that this girl was Miss Teen Oklahoma. So she wasn't married, and she was acting like she was all that. So being a DJ, I knew I had to put her in her place.

When she came back in and walked by me, I stood up and said, "Excuse me everyone, could you please not talk to this woman when she comes by. She's married for crying out loud!" She then said, "F#@! you. I've never been so disrespected in my life." Everyone around me was cracking up and giving me high fives.

What's really funny is that when we were leaving I saw her, and I gave her a wink. And you know what??? She smiled!!! Can you believe that? I guess I broke her bytch shield.
So my point is never get discouraged regardless of the outcome. You can always turn it into a positive.

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tweeder:
Okay so far I've been doing good. Eye contact and smile with no problem. Almost every girl has said hi back. But what I really want to tell you all is the one negative experience I had. This is for all the guys who seem to care what the girl/guy will think of them.

I was at the movies with some male and female friends. A perfect 10 comes into the theatre. All my guy friends were drooling. So when she comes by I see her looking right at me, and I said, "Hey how's it going?" She then gets this disgusted look on her face and said, "I'M MARRIED." It was the bytchiest reply I've ever gotten. So I said, "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know your husband kept you on such a tight leash that you can't say hi to othe guys."

Well this pissed her off, and her and her friend went back out. When they left my female friend told me that this girl was Miss Teen Oklahoma. So she wasn't married, and she was acting like she was all that. So being a DJ, I knew I had to put her in her place.

When she came back in and walked by me, I stood up and said, "Excuse me everyone, could you please not talk to this woman when she comes by. She's married for crying out loud!" She then said, "F#@! you. I've never been so disrespected in my life." Everyone around me was cracking up and giving me high fives.

What's really funny is that when we were leaving I saw her, and I gave her a wink. And you know what??? She smiled!!! Can you believe that? I guess I broke her bytch shield.
So my point is never get discouraged regardless of the outcome. You can always turn it into a positive.
Tweeder,

That was awesome! I don't see that being a negative experience. I see it more as being positive. Because you stood up for yourself and you put her in her place. That public speech was priceless. LOL!

Take Care,

Legend

------------------
"No passions, no life..."

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."... Ben Hogan

"The key to happiness in your life is "Your Life",... Don the Legend

Randall

Reaction score
Well, I completed 13 "hi's" today and am halfway there with 25 "hi's".

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tweeder that was AWESOME!!!!!!!

That wasn't a negative experience at all...

I can just hear the DJ cracking out of its egg inside of you. Way to go dude!

Dr_Feelgood

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome Tweeder! That's the right attitude. I agree with Don the Legend, that it was more of a positive experience than a negative. Way to inspire us, and show that not putting up with her $*it and biatchiness, is the best way to gain respect from everyone, including you and her.

C

Chunky2

[/B][/QUOTE]
i'm new but i would like to join your boot camp.
Chunky2

Neophyte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tweeder : CONGRATULATIONS, man that was really funny, you took the bit!ch down. Hehe, awesome! Now that was confidence. THAT was a DJ speaking.

-Neo

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
only 4 hi's today.. hmm...

I guess I'll have to finish that next week or once I get some new shoes (so I don't get blisters everywhere just for the sake of greeting people)

(bump!)

likedagunz

Don Juan
Reaction score
this week i talked to over the required amount of people, and personily i didnt find it har at all because i do that all the time, because that is my job, i work at a marketing company for a co-op postion for school, so i talk to people i dont know all day long, but i must say when i first started i wasnt very good at it, now i find that i am very good at talking in a smooth manner to anyone. keep them commin

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
likedagunz:

Tell us about your marketing position... what specifically do you do? What types of things have you found effective in approaching strangers and trying to sell them on something? Describe how exactly you've grown to become good at your job...

Thanks...
-X