Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #1

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellow Boot Camper's,

It's really cool hearing all your experiences during this first week. I just finished my 50 Hi's, and my two one-hour eye contact exercises.

If you remember earlier, I mentioned that I walked around in the mall for an hour attempting to lock eye contact with girls, but without smiling, and I ended up getting 8 eye contacts and two of those girls smiling. Well, I tried the same exact experiment but instead with a smile. The results: 24 girls locked eye contact, and of those 14 smiled!

Wow, the power of a smile. BTW, in the second experiment, I started smiling as soon as I attempted to establish eye contact.

As for the Hi's, I got about 20 of them done in a one hour setting when I went to a Salsa dance lesson (all to strangers). I was on fire... I was saying Hi to all the girls, and talking to them, that the instructor asked me how much coffee I had before coming, and then telling the class that they should drink whatever I drank before coming next time. I was the center of attention, and had chicks checking me out!

Also, when I was at one of my outings, I saw a girl that I was interested in EIGHT YEARS ago (don't know what's up with meeting girls from my past... this is the second girl from my SUPER AFC days that I've met in the last week... maybe fate wants me to put my DJing skills to the test on past targets
)! She was with her friend, and both of them were hitting on me. According to her, I made a "complete transformation" from when she last saw me. Back then, I used to turn red if a girl looked at me, now I make them turn red. She kept on saying how we would have made a good couple, and giving me kino, etc. Only thing though is that she's married now, and I'm not into married chicks. So even though nothing will come of this, it's a damn great boost to my ego! BTW, I invited her and her friend to my Salsa class... they'll make excellent social proof

Here are some responses to comments...

HB_Hunter,

"i don't think that i have to say hello to 50 ppl cz i believe that i got da gutts n courage to do this , as i've done alot of times but i'll keep on doin it though but not to that extent u know"

Actually, part of the effectiveness of this Boot Camp is that is creates structure. So even though you can easily say Hi to 50 people, and there is no challenge nor apparent growth in that, there actually is. The benefit is that once we get to the more difficult lessons, you will have a higher chance of completing them because you will have trained yourself to follow the program and not cut corners. Believe me, going for those 50 Hi's now, no matter how easy it is, will establish the foundation for how you do with the rest of the lessons.

Doppler,

"Eye contact with strangers is a real interesting topic. I work in a large medical center complex- FULL of long straight hallways and plenty of nurses, secretaries, etc. walking down them. Perfect for this exercise, right? Wrong. The things which people (and not just the women only, either) will go through to avoid making even an instant of eye contact is almost comical at times. I probably couldn't get 50 good ones in a week at work if I tried every single day. We should try to figure out the places where people are most and least receptive."

You only need to attempt to establish eye contact for a total of two hours. As for the 50 Hi's, you can do those even if the person is not establishing eye contact with you.

Don the Legend,

"I noticed that when you see 2 girls together and are in conversation. They are more than likely not going to give you eye contact. That has been my experience. Have other's experienced the same? "

Yeah, I've found similar results. The only way that's been successful to get eye contact from them is to do or say something to capture their attention, like looking at them and saying Hi a bit loudly.

Also, can you send me an e-mail to the_masteroftheuniverse@yahoo.com I want to ask you a question. Thanks!

Dr_Feelgood,

Man, you're doing great! I'm also in agreement about celebrating once you reach your goal. I'm going to have a couple of beers tonight to celebrate completing the first week! Guys, I recommend you all to do something to celebrate for reaching your goal!

Mistyc,

"hmmm... either it's the low temperatures (half of the 30+ we had last week) or it's because I'm betweem two exams.. But I seem to be the total AFC I was before! Not even saying hi, not getting lots of eye contact... argh!!!"

Relax... realize that everything happens in cycles. Sometimes you'll have good days, and sometimes bad. That's just part of nature. Just keep on persevering, and you'll reach your goal!

Valikyule,

First of all, congrats on the improvement!

"Then again, I've heard of a asian analogy where for a ninja to jump several feet high, he starts out by jumping over a small seedling. He continues to jump over them as the seedling grow till he eventually finds it natural to jump over towering trees."

Wow, I've never heard that before... but I like it! I'll definitely remember it for future reference!

Don Juan de Greek,

Don't concentrate on the fact that people aren't giving you eye contact. All you have to do is put in the time (total of two hours) ATTEMPTING to establish eye contact. So once the two hours are up, regardless of results, you are done with that exercise.

As for the Hi exercise, just force yourself to say the Hi's, Hello's, or whatever you prefer. You don't have to establish eye contact first. Yeah, the first 5-10 Hi's will be difficult, but after that it'll be the second nature. Keep at it buddy!

Tweeder,

LOL!!!!! That was awe-inspiring! Keep it up man!

Randall ,

"Well, I completed 13 "hi's" today and am halfway there with 25 "hi's"."

There you go! Already half way there, and you've got the weekend ahead of you to get the rest in!

-----

Alright guys, I'm working on next week's lesson, which will be posted Sunday. So everyone, keep up the great attitude!

I know that for some, this first week might be either too hard or too easy. Don't worry about it. Just focus on completing the exercises and going through the reading material. Take things one step at a time by focusing on only the goal directly in front of you.

And just think about how wonderful the summer will be... with your newfound confidence. You'll have the attitude and the skills to not only get the women you want, but enjoy the life you desire.

Just remember, anything worth having, is worth putting in the effort for. So keep it up guys!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

Centaur

Don Juan
Reaction score
--hello, is this mike working?!?!

anyway,

one of the things that i've began to do as a side-effect of this cumly exercise of saying hello to strange, sexy women on the street is to produce and sustain eye contact with women who are already in my life. (come on fellas you all have that one or two, or three or four--who you see around and are down with but haven't actually gotten the
for whatever reason). i notice now that relationships with women that i thought had no possibility are actually brimming with potential for some hot-sex-on-the-platter.

--and what a tasty lesson young grass-hopper --we falsely think that we need to go out searching for some sweet potatoe pie out at some supermarket or mall when in reality we already have'm stored up in the freezer, right under our ******es--i mean noses....

Emerging DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I completed the exercise!! Today, I was concentrating on making eye contact and saying hi to people. Since I'm a cashier, I run into an average of 50-90 people per day depending on how busy it is. Today, we probably had about 80 people come through my register. I'm already making eye contact; today I concentrated on making MORE eye contact and improving my conversation with other individuals. Anyways, here are a few of my experiences and results:

1. I made eye contact with one guy that comes to the register and attempted to start up a conversation. He made slight contact but quickly avoided to make further eye contact. Also attempted to keep conversation at a minimum. It amazes me how little confidence some people have.

2. This sexy chick (that I've seen before) comes in to pick up her system from technical service. I make eye contact with her and smile (she doesn't seem to notice but does say hi). As she's walking back out the door with her system I offer to help her to her car. She pauses thinking if she should or not but smiles (avoids eye contact) and says "Thank you, but I got it." Not too much self confidence (I mean her looking down; not saying yes for me to help her) for someone as pretty as she was I'd probably put her at about a 7.8.

3. This really HOT older woman (looked perhaps mid-late thirties) came in. I didn't get the chance to make eye contact and say hi (or goodbye, in this case) until she made her way to the door. She was in a hurry and didn't seem to pay attention too much but she smiled and waved goodbye. DAMN, she was at least an 8.7.

4. Asked a customer what happened with their system as they were at technical service (and I had headed over to customer service to ask a lead cashier a question). Kept eye contact throughout the whole conversation. Unfortunately, a customer came up to my register and I had to cut the conversation short.

I think I exceeded the goal poised by the exercise (ended up making consistent eye contact for my entire 8 hour shift). Can't wait for the next few exercises!

SJ

Reaction score
I've been trying out making eye contact and smiling.

It's an amazing tool I never knew I had!

Where I would previously walk past a pretty girls, I've been trying to make eye contact and smile. It's amazing how good it makes you feel, and it's amazing what impact it seems to have on the other person.

I didn't realise how hard it would be. I'm a very shy guy, so when I first started making eye contact I was dropping my gaze, despite my best intentions. I never even realised I had that tendency!

Once I started making eye contact, people were far more friendly and seemed to go out of their way to talk to me. I had 5 or 6 nice conversations with good looking girls this week and that never usually happens.

Looking forward to next week!

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't worry motu, I'm not giving up..

1 eyecontact+smile+hi today.

Then again I wasn't out for long

So I'll just complete this assignment early next week. (I've very little time for women on weekends!
oooh, isn't this just going to drive'em wild?
)

SJ: yes, eyecontact + smile is a very powerful tool. Now you understand why the vampires always look in the eyes and the ladies get all sweaty when they do

[This message has been edited by mistyc (edited 04-27-2002).]

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey master of universse, thanks for your comment.

With feedback on this forum, doing this feels VERY rewarding both ways.

THings are definitely perking up.

To make it brief, I decided to say hi/eye contact to every person I walk past down this long brick pathway in my college.

So in 3,4 minutes, I already covered 30 people.

Also, I finally got the guts to say hi to a GROUP of people and they were all women talking to themselves. I said hey, how are you? One of the women stopped and said good, how are you?

Wow, feels great. Then there is this wierd incident where I was walking down the busy street in the medical district of my school and this girl looked at me and said hi to me first smiling. She said she knew my phone # and would love to go out. Heck??? I didn't know her at all so it sounds like she was hitting on me. But I dont get it. heh. Maybe after a few tries, your vibe starts coming.

I also noticed how I dramatically got my girl friends to laugh. Granted, they were just friends from my mega-AFC period when I had no inkling of any of this stuff, I was rarely a part of their conversation. Now, I get to keep them laughing and they're calling me a lot more. Even if they've seen my AFC, I can test out my skill in seeing their reaction.

Your idea is awesome and I'm looking forward to completing this drill as well as going to the next step.

One problem I still have is that I noticed its so easy to fall back into a AFC. Also, I may become confident after a few hi's but can relapse easily. Everybody sounds like they have no problem staying where they are. I wonder how you guys do it? Practice more?

Gungnir

Don Juan
Reaction score
My report has been posted without reading other posts in this thread, so my apologies if some of this stuff is repetitive:

Monday.
Did a great deal of eye contact practice during my lunchtime walk (probably 40+). Mostly attractive chicks, but a few guys. No “Hi” attempts (still coming to grips with the idea)

Tuesday.
Compromised (cheated?) on the “hi” exercise by approaching several (5) different people handing out leaflets and shyt. Yeah, they were strangers….. but still a pretty weak effort. Felt pretty uncomfortable doing it.

Wednesday
Huge night at a night club. Dressed to kill. Plenty of eye contact practice with chicks throughout the night. LOL…..but even more AFC moves and non-approaches! Shyt, what a wake up call! Failed to take several great opportunities to approach chicks and say hi.

Thursday.
Public holiday. Slept most of the day. Hey, I got home at 4:30am…..gimme a break!

Friday.
A big night out clubbing was on the cards and this time I was looking like $2 million – and this is significant as you’ll see.

At lunch and feeling strangely confident I bit the bullet and went to the ladies perfume/cosmetics section of a major department store. Guys, this was a goldmine! Can you honestly think of anywhere better to practice? These chicks can’t exactly run away, they’re paid to be friendly, and perhaps most importantly THEY are confident. Factor in that they’re usually really attractive and you’re set. For the “hi” exercise they’re perfect!

Ran with the story that I was buying a present for my sister. After an initial “hi” I got into a convo with a sales/beautian chick which went off ok. Why have those chicks all got perfect smiles???? Feeling pretty pleased with myself I tried a few more “hi”s on the way back to the office. By the time I got back I was laughing my head off!!!

Just after finishing up work and beelining it to the nearby bar I noticed a 9 approaching. Hey! she just looked me up and down! Yep, you guessed it, I was smiling before she checked me out. No chance of not making eye contact and no probs getting the “hi” out on this occasion fellas. Ya know what? She just smiled and looked down and away (ie. I think she liked what she saw) just prior to us passing. Wow that felt good and I really learnt a lot from this particular experience! Everything just clicked real nice!

Saturday
Knackered! (having got home at 3:30am) Went shopping in the arvo and did a bit of eye contact work. Managed a “hi” with the checkout chick who picked up on the fact that I wasn’t exactly firing on all cylinders. Would have liked to chat with her more but there was a cue…..

General observations:
  • Dress made a huge difference with the exercises – a huge difference! Ok, perhaps I’m missing the main point (actually doing the work), but I’ve realized that when I dressed well I felt more confident and this made doing stuff easier.
  • Smiling made an even bigger difference. The smiling/confidence connection is obviously extremely important. I noticed that even when I wasn’t consciously trying but still had a smile, chicks were taking more notice and in a lot of cases THEY initiated the eye contact. Take a moment to visualize yourself walking down the street confidently with that “just right” (and genuine) happy look or smile on your dial. Got it? Now imagine yourself making eye contact with an 8 coming the other way. It ain’t hard to visualize the result…especially when you throw a “hi” in!
  • For the most part I really did struggle with the “hi” exercise. I managed 16 tries. Pretty disappointing, and it’s dawned on me that if I can’t do it comfortably when I’m just out walking around then it’ll be next to impossible when I’m clubbing.
MoU, these were great exercises – but I think I need to repeat them lest my Drill Sergeant plant his steel-capped boot where the sun don’t shine……

[This message has been edited by Gungnir (edited 04-27-2002).]

SJ

Reaction score
Originally posted by valikyule:
Then there is this wierd incident where I was walking down the busy street in the medical district of my school and this girl looked at me and said hi to me first smiling. She said she knew my phone # and would love to go out. Heck??? I didn't know her at all so it sounds like she was hitting on me. But I dont get it. heh. Maybe after a few tries, your vibe starts coming.
I've noticed that too! I was out the other night, standing in a line about to buy a drink and girls were starting conversations with me. Maybe we're all holding our heads a little higher, and people really do notice!

One problem I still have is that I noticed its so easy to fall back into a AFC. Also, I may become confident after a few hi's but can relapse easily. Everybody sounds like they have no problem staying where they are. I wonder how you guys do it? Practice more?
It's still difficult over here. It always takes me a few 'hi's' to warm up

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've done about 30 so far. 3 of those on the street, 27 of those at a social gathering last night. Tomorrow I can probably finish up the assignment, so that'll be good. I think I should work some more on doing the street hi's though, cuz in a social setting it's sort of a given that people are going to socialize.

Masteringknowledge

Reaction score
I started a bit late (thurday, but by late tonight (saturday) I have accomplished the first set of assignments.

I went to georgetown (in washington D.C.) and went to a number of bars. All kind of delightful women were there to be a part of my assignment.

I went beyond the 50 and had a blast doing it.

Next....

zonjuan

Reaction score
Guys, if you can, work in retail sales. I get to approach beautiful women everyday that come into the store. It's an easy way to meet women. Anyhow, just wanted to say I said hi to hundreds of people this week. Can't wait for next lesson.

hairybeard

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's now sunday morning, and I am just reading last weeks material, I just re-read all the articles, and without realizing it I probably had my 50 eyecontacts and hi's, many to beautiful women. I think the first week for me wasn't really needed but as for the subsequent weeks, I will need them as those are the areas that I need to improve. I am game, give me week 2. I can't wait to get rejected, as this is what I have feared most in the past. After I get rejected a lot I will realize it ain't that bad. This dj boot camp seems like it will be fun. Let's rock.

Thrillseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright so here's my report. Didn't do it in two sepaarate 1 hour outings but rather I did the experiment everytime that I went out last week. I set out to greet at least ten persons each day. Pretty much uneventful. When I kept eye contact some women would smile, some would blush and some would break eye contact. Most women who smiled would respond to a "Hey' or "how's it going?", those that blushed were pretty much 50/50, those that broke eye contact came random. I find that waving almost always got a response(they waved back). I tried glowstix' "blowing the kiss" also and it usually elicited: smile, blush and giggles. I like it. As for the men in this experiment when keeping eye contact I sensed either a certain confrontation or even provocation(they would look at me in a suspicious way). I had difficulty smiling with men. They'd usaully respond to a "hey" or "what's up?". Btw, this eye contact plus smile thingy works great wih cashiers when you're a bit down the line(2, 3 persons). Establishes a little rapport and she'll be more likely to engage in convo I find.

That's it for this week.

------------------
"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
-Frank Scully

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I finished up my assignment today. Generally, I found people responded in two ways. Either they looked away and ignore me when I said hi or they would smile back at me and give a reply back. Fun assignment overall, can't wait til next week's.

Randall

Reaction score
Just finished Week #1, looking forward to the next mission.

ninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have successfully completed my assignment.

The results are:

Most people just ignored me which is fine.

Then there was this one chick, whom I actually had a 15 minute conversation with. I got her number, but it turns out to be false - oh well...

Looking forward to the next assignment

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Assignment Complete... good general results... (just saying hi has started a good number of conversations for me)... In eager expectation of next week.

-X

Mr_Cr0w

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear fellow Master...

I am a PUA, and I have to say you DJs seem to be good fellow romancers... although I have to say, that when I read the part in your post where it stated that us PUAs waste all time cathing girls... while DJs "don Juan" only get girls ocasionally, I have to object with respect...

1- I discovered SS "speed Seduction" and started readig all material because I wanted to change from AFC to PUA... not because its all I want to do in life...
2- You stated that PUAs PU Hbs all the time but that DJs don juans dont... IF you can recall well you FIND that the Don Juan Demarco All he did was PU women... He didnt have to change the world he just make love to all women that he could... James bond "Ian Flemming" on the other hand didnt applied all his time on girls... Therefore, being a PUA or a DJ dont mean that you have to PU all the time or that you shouldnt its an ART its a way to be a ladies man and not a profession... I dont live of women.
3- we PUAs can get laid with a woman in one night or we seduce her until we bed her AND then maybe then we consider dating her WE never give dates before sex! we never give gifts before sex! why? because think of it this way... 1-your not trying to do formal courtship 2- your not trying to buy her 3- what has she done for you?? 3- we do not PU girls we make them feel attracted to us...

We would like very much that you could pay us a VISIT at: www.fastseduction.com read our rules our guides and learn from us... and if you can teach us some we will apreciate your help...

CONCERNING WEEK#1 heres my results...

When you have Eye contact with women you can spot several things...

1- 8 out of 10 look away or down

When a women looks DOWN after she looked at you in the eyes that means a. she feels drawn by you "submision look" b. you have gained control "because you didnt looked down or away first..."

2- When doing the Eye contact experiment... never forget a. To smile otherwise you are STARING which is not percived as a good sign.

Exercise #2

1- _When doing this I discovered that is a MUST to combine with Eye contact even if it is not with a smile why? because a.when you dont lock eye contact first girls doenst say HI to me... "doenst trust me" b. if you dont do it it looks like if you are a guy that says crappy phrases to women i.e. hey baby...

with eye contanct your success rate grows a 60 % better... 2 of 10 dont say HI if you dont initiate EYE first.

Hope this helps...

Mr_Cr0w a beginer PUA and DJ friend.