Discontent Towards Boomers

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My point is that a degree in philosophy, a degree in mechanical engineering, or even a degree in underwater basket weaving...all require a significant upfront investment of money and time. I have a marketable degree in an in-demand industry, so I may not fully understand the experiences of someone who majored in History or a similar field. Should only those with wealthy parents have the opportunity to attend college, while everyone else is left with limited options? Even to pursue a career as an electrician, you must invest in education and dedicate time to training. According to this criterion, unless you have the financial resources (for schooling and apprenticeship) and can cover the income lost during the training period, you might feel compelled to work at places like Kroger and hope for career advancement opportunities, even without a degree.

I attended an affordable public university and had to work to cover my food and rent. Boomers often boast about how having a job in college meant paying for tuition or significantly reducing it, whereas my job primarily ensured I had a roof over my head and food on the table.

Then why don't you quit your job and become an electrician or truck driver then since it is sooooooo GREAT :rofl:
So tell me how maximum 20k in debt for your university ( usually is lower than this as you also get some discounts based on grades ) put you in such a big debt that you need to complain about how expensive education is? Public universities are like 5k a year for the degree and like 10 a year for masters from which you deduct scholarships

I paid like 20k for my masters from BU, as I got quite a big scholarship from them and paid it back in maximum 2 years only from the salary difference that I got after graduation

If I add also the 3 months internship, most likely I did not had almost no extra expenses during that time

Even to be a skilled construction worker takes some years of apprenticeship, it always was the case. No one will give a truck to someone that has no experience in driving a truck, or would believe that someone is good at putting bathroom tiles if he has no experience previously

You either go for unskilled Labour, either accept that you need to learn skills in order to increase your pay

Even to be a data scientist takes like 3-5 years to learn the skills of the trade, during which you are not really that well paid. But the more you develop your skills the more you will be paid during that time and afterwards

Salaries always were paid in accordance to the complexity of the job you do. The more complex something is, the higher the salaries

Asking for unskilled Labour to be paid as much as the skilled ones is retarded. Even 50 years ago, the money were made by the people with skills not by the unskilled workers

You are either a troll, either you do not want to take accountability for your bad decisions, either you are an entitled lazy f8ck :)

Last edited:

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boomers are so DUMB. Imagine they made a system of Renters and Landlords. The people versus the people. One person 'works hard' and buys properties with the help of the financial system ie doing a deal with the devil. Buy houses and then make money of people who pay rent.

Then they wonder why house prices are getting so high. They wanna live in a world with high house prices. Ask boomer economists all over the west if high house prices are good and their 'models' will return the answer yes.

Yes if the average property costs 5million its great cos it means the econonmy is doing well. Who gives a sh1t if ppl have to work 70hrs a week to afford it, its their fault they should get a better job, maybe become an investment banker or entrepreuner.

I swear I feel like I am living in stupid land my whole life.

How did we end up in a sitution where a basic thing like housing is being used to profiteer and make easy money for thise who already have money. All these landlords making money from housing dont even know how to provide a useful product for the economy, they themselves dont even know how to build housing or anything useful, they just buy up existing properties and want to make money from renters for sitting on their butt, easy money, its an uncivilized system.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're the only generation to have it better than both their parents and children, and managed to f*ck it up by letting women run wild and free.

Then we have all the Millennial and Gen Z hatred, primarily purveyed by the very generation that birthed the generations being criticized.
haha Bro big facts! They opened Pandoras box of female entitlement. Oh and dont forget voted in the worst politicians and allowed pointless wars.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boomers created a system where everyone is trying to fck everyone else over to get 'ahead'. Then ppl wonder why its all going to sh1t and no one is having good relationships, why no one trusts anyone, why relationships dont form, why there is so much negative energy out there.

We simply dont need private landlords in any modern developed CIVILIZED society, unless we wanna live in a world dog eat dog, but then dont expect positive energy, morals values or even CIVLIZATIION, let ppl fight over very little $ and then even women want spend time, interact or engage in relationships unless YOU PAY THEM because this $ dog eat dog system is so pervasive and women too being forced to play the dog eat dog $ game so what do you expect ur gonna get the same attitudes from them, pay women for every bit of attention, love and interaction you get from them.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And for sure its true, this generation of women, who run Game and have entitlement, where did they learn that sh1t. For sure, younger women learnt Game, distance, lies, secrets from interactions with boomer parents especially boomer fathers.

Its boomer fathers who these women firts learn to manipulate, lie to and get stuff from. Its the daughtters of boomer fathers who learnt and all this coldness and 'Game' and probs from interacting with their fathers.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh dont forget that the highest rate of divorce comes from Boomers. So with all the advantages they had they still could not find a way to make marriage work. So they were bad parents and bad spouses. The main reason for these divorces is because Boomers are generally not very self aware people. They dont put a premium on emotional growth. Most of their divorces could be easily avoided with a little self awareness.

The main issue is that Boomers dont believe in therapy. They are stuck in their ways. They dont evolve and heal. Its ironic that the free love and hippy generation is so resistant to healing emotional issues. Boomers sold out to the matrix. If it does not come from CNN or the TV then it is useless.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So tell me how maximum 20k in debt for your university ( usually is lower than this as you also get some discounts based on grades ) put you in such a big debt that you need to complain about how expensive education is? Public universities are like 5k a year for the degree and like 10 a year for masters from which you deduct scholarships
okay you are just going to continue making up stuff now, so I can’t really continue to have this conversation lol.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
okay you are just going to continue making up stuff now, so I can’t really continue to have this conversation lol.
Yeah right

Bellow you can see the average real cost of attending college for the full period ( without the scholarships )

Glad that we settled that you are nothing more than a troll ( not even one with a college degree ) :)

IMG_2942.png IMG_2941.png

“While Princeton University in New Jersey, for instance, advertised a sticker price of $57,410 for tuition and fees in 2022-2023, the average cost to students after receiving need-based grants that year was about $17,464.”

Most likely if you are a good student you can drop that to 10k or slightly under

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I paid like 20k for my masters from BU, as I got quite a big scholarship from them and paid it back in maximum 2 years only from the salary difference that I got after graduation

If I add also the 3 months internship, most likely I did not had almost no extra expenses during that time

Even to be a skilled construction worker takes some years of apprenticeship, it always was the case. No one will give a truck to someone that has no experience in driving a truck, or would believe that someone is good at putting bathroom tiles if he has no experience previously

You either go for unskilled Labour, either accept that you need to learn skills in order to increase your pay

Even to be a data scientist takes like 3-5 years to learn the skills of the trade, during which you are not really that well paid. But the more you develop your skills the more you will be paid during that time and afterwards

Salaries always were paid in accordance to the complexity of the job you do. The more complex something is, the higher the salaries

Asking for unskilled Labour to be paid as much as the skilled ones is retarded. Even 50 years ago, the money were made by the people with skills not by the unskilled workers

You are either a troll, either you do not want to take accountability for your bad decisions, either you are an entitled lazy f8ck :)
Look at the interest rates behind a student loan, 20k is not 20k.

Also look at the way you are speaking to this person, the idea that anybody here is entitled but the boomers is ridiculous, most of the younger posters here have been more than respectful, it's the entitled boomers with their unfounded emotional insults creating tension here.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at the interest rates behind a student loan, 20k is not 20k.

Also look at the way you are speaking to this person, the idea that anybody here is entitled but the boomers is ridiculous, most of the younger posters here have been more than respectful, it's the entitled boomers with their unfounded emotional insults creating tension here.
But you can stretch it to 10 years. even if you would pay 30k in 10 years, that would be 3k per year or like 280 dollars a month. You can also refinance it to get a better rate after you get a job

The problem with student debt is not that the cost of attending is high or that the rates of the loan is high

The problem is that most students take extra $ on loan so they can travel around the world during the summer , buy a lot of stupid things ( including cars ), etc

Again is mainly a cumulative of bad decisions

You can get a summer job and make some money that can cover up a decent amount of your yearly living costs ( and have less debt ) or you can take extra debt and travel around the world in the summer or buy a brand new car or whatever else students do

If you get a summer job each summer you can save like 30-40% of your yearly living expenses. Your parents can chip in with the rest easily and basically remain only with the tuition that will cost you 300 bucks a month

Not to mention that you can live a bit of more a frugal life for 2-3 years so you can pay the student loan faster and remain with little to none student loan

But if you want to live like rich people while you accumulate debt, it is your choice. No one is forcing you

When I was in university ( like 14 years ago ) I only had money to buy smokes and eat some crappy food. Sometimes I had money to grab some drinks in some student cheap places + working part time ( evenings and nights ) . That was my life, the life of a poor student. But I graduated with no debt from a good university :)

And you know what, people expect you to be poor when you are a student and chicks did not mind at all dating a poor guy. They judge you best on the future they seen in you

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah right

Bellow you can see the average real cost of attending college for the full period ( without the scholarships )

Glad that we settled that you are nothing more than a troll ( not even one with a college degree ) :)

View attachment 11233 View attachment 11234

“While Princeton University in New Jersey, for instance, advertised a sticker price of $57,410 for tuition and fees in 2022-2023, the average cost to students after receiving need-based grants that year was about $17,464.”

Most likely if you are a good student you can drop that to 10k or slightly under
You clearly stated $5,000 a year and then shared a post that thoroughly disproves your assertion. My annual rent and utilities, even when splitting them with three roommates, amounted to approximately $10,000. At my school, you are required to live on campus for freshman year or commute(20k per semester). Thus, your attempt to create a straw man argument is not even worth addressing. Additionally, the cost of books, including the professors' scheme of pushing new editions for some code, added another $5,000. Furthermore, you must also depend on scholarships to support your straw man argument. College degrees aren’t bad, the system is just predatory and morally reprehensible. If you disagree then why don’t you just revoke your degree and become a truck driver then? It is easier to make such preposterous claims from an office chair in an AC environment.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You clearly stated $5,000 a year and then shared a post that thoroughly disproves your assertion. My annual rent and utilities, even when splitting them with three roommates, amounted to approximately $10,000. At my school, you are required to live on campus for freshman year or commute(20k per semester). Thus, your attempt to create a straw man argument is not even worth addressing. Additionally, the cost of books, including the professors' scheme of pushing new editions for some code, added another $5,000. Furthermore, you must also depend on scholarships to support your straw man argument. College degrees aren’t bad, the system is just predatory and morally reprehensible. If you disagree then why don’t you just revoke your degree and become a truck driver then? It is easier to make such preposterous claims from an office chair in an AC environment.
You can always buy the book from the guys more senior than you. No one will ask you to show them the book. 5k for books lol

I think I bought 2 or 3 books my entire college life ( and those 2nd hand ) . I do not know anyone buying more books than that. I would photocopy the rest if I had to. The photocopiers nearby have all the books already photocopied at a fraction of the price if you really want to have the books . I know many that did not buy sh1t

Plenty of public universities that are 5k or under ( before any type of scholarships ) . The average is 6.7k ( before any type of scholarships ) at national level for going to a public uni ( in state )

You should be banned for being a big troll :)

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can always buy the book from the guys more senior than you. No one will ask you to show them the book. 5k for books lol
no you cannot. Professors will have you do their assignments and tests through an electronic site which requires an access code from the newest text book edition. I am still having trouble finding out where a US student can attend a university for only 5k a year including other costs besides tuition?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Professors will have you do their assignments and tests through an electronic site which requires an access code from the newest text book edition.
That's new. I didn't have to deal with that in undergraduate or graduate school during the 2000s.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no you cannot. Professors will have you do their assignments and tests through an electronic site which requires an access code from the newest text book edition. I am still having trouble finding out where a US student can attend a university for only 5k a year including other costs besides tuition?
I said that the tuition is 5k plus whatever it costs you to live there, don’t change the subject :)

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's new. I didn't have to deal with that in undergraduate or graduate school during the 2000s.
That’s bullsh1t. I did my masters at BU a couple of years back and it was not like that at all

Have friends that graduated from other reputable universities in the last couple of years or are now enrolled in a masters degree. Same thing

Maximum you have to do some simulations if you get a degree in business, but the simulation is like 50-60 dollars and you do like 1-2 per year at most

This guy is just a troll :)

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Because here in the US the universities host their own online testing and online facilities independent of the book publishers. Its usually a platform caller Canvas. Also PDFs of all the latest editions of books are available online for those who know where to look. Often teachers also provide the relevant chapters to the class via PDF.

The book publishers are powerful here but sounds like they have you guys locked down.

Cowboy-Cheems

Don Juan
Reaction score
Boomers have had a lot of good opportunities, but I don't exactly fault them for exploiting them, as many younger people would have gladly done the same in a similar situation. The people who were in power of major institutions during the boomer's youth were Silent generation and older, given this, one could make an argument that the pre-boomer generations got the ball rolling downhill, and the boomers and older gen X are just the last ones to experience the "good times" before things gradually got worse. That is just my theory though. My life is too short for me to waste time griping about older people for merely existing.

Cowboy-Cheems

Don Juan
Reaction score
Smaller Universities can be almost be that cheap, on the condition that you commute to campus, do not pay for housing, and have a light class load. You will inevitably spend several hundred dollars on various access codes for online textbook assignments though. The access codes and online subscriptions ruined the used textbook market.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boomers have had a lot of good opportunities, but I don't exactly fault them for exploiting them, as many younger people would have gladly done the same in a similar situation. The people who were in power of major institutions during the boomer's youth were Silent generation and older, given this, one could make an argument that the pre-boomer generations got the ball rolling downhill, and the boomers and older gen X are just the last ones to experience the "good times" before things gradually got worse. That is just my theory though. My life is too short for me to waste time griping about older people for merely existing.
Every civilization is going to have its apex and you can't blame people for being born at the right time, they have no control over that. But you can hold them accountable for being sandy-headed aholes about it, and we're going to need people on the same page and not pointing fingers if we're going to work our way out of this mess we're in.