DIGITS or NUMBER?

Cassanova_Child

Don Juan
Reaction score
he's overthinking i think. you could say, "write down your contact information", or anything along the lines of getting her number, and you'd get it, as long as you played it smooth beforehand.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Say digits. Be cool about it, not trying to be a gangsta.

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It does'nt matter which you say, shes still not gonna tell you.

No but seriously just say what you're more comfortable with, shes not going to care how you ask lol. Don't worry about "setting off the red flags and making it sound like a pick-up".

I've been away from this site for over a year, just came back tonight, and i've learnt so much just from experience. One major thing i've realised is that her giving you her number is not the same as her liking you. I used to go for the number after barely any conversation at all, an sometimes i'd get the number but it wouldn't lead to anything. You should aim to have a decent conversation with the girl and have a laugh with her before you ask for her number. It's not about 'getting her number cus then i'll be in :)' its about having a fun conversation with her and seeing what happens.

I've also learnt not to expect success everytime at all, it really is more like every 1 in 4/5 girls you meet that will like you.

Salmence seems to have cracked it.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf said:
Why is it neccessarily bad that you show interest in her? Sometimes after I ask for a gal's number/show some sort of interest she acts really different towards me, almost as though it automatically makes me her boyfriend. Nothing wrong asking for a gal's number. Maybe focusing on stuff like that helps you (as you seem to have your **** together in terms of women) but I agree with the guy who said focusing on such things messes up your game.

I say number by the way, seeing as digits isn't as direct, in my opinion that is.
It depends. Some women think they're having a normal conversation and then if a guy out of the blue asks for her number it can sometimes spoil the interaction when she thinks, "Oh, that's all he's interested in..." or something to that effect. Asking for a phone number is something guys do when they want to pick a chick up. "What's a good way of keeping in touch?" doesn't evoke that response, even when that's exactly what you're doing.

Skydiver43127

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey, write your number down so I can call you sometime" :)

The noun is irrelevant. But don't ask her for anything - just instruct her what to do.

facadegeniality

Don Juan
Reaction score
Number!

If u wanna be different, go for "How can I reach you?"

Digits is too "off" nobody uses that in conversation esp when referring to telephone numbers.