"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Difficulties closing

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
Hi guys,
I am having problems closing when it comes to asking for numbers. I usually meet girls at sports clubs and societies. Bear in mind I am British where we do not have such a dating culture.

When I ask for phone numbers I generally get asked "Why?" and stumble to give a good comeback-usually saying something lame like "Well, I would like to take you out for a drink sometime"

Another approach which I use is to say something like
"I have a spare ticket for a concert/play and would like you to come with me?" This usually works but hell, I don't want to shell out for two tickets everytime I want a date!

Another one which works for me is finding a shared sport such as tennis or squash and suggesting we have a game. But unfortunately this gets me into friendzone too quickly.

Does anyone have any good ideas how I can close smoothly and confidently while solidly communicating my romantic interest. Any prepared lines would be good as it is hard enough asking a girl out without having to think of the right words on the spot.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Instead of straight up asking for the number say something like you'd like to get together sometime and you would like her number. But you phrase it like this: Hey let's hang out sometime and catch a pint or too. Just keep going you'll get the hang of it.

-Grey Fox
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Originally posted by Grey Fox
Instead of straight up asking for the number say something like you'd like to get together sometime and you would like her number. But you phrase it like this: Hey let's hang out sometime and catch a pint or too. Just keep going you'll get the hang of it.

-Grey Fox
agreed, if you phrase it differently, you get a different reaction/answer.

best of luck
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
check out boot camp week 4 for number close advice
 

Master Homer

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Location
West Palm Beach, FL
Originally posted by Grey Fox
Instead of straight up asking for the number say something like you'd like to get together sometime and you would like her number. But you phrase it like this: Hey let's hang out sometime and catch a pint or too. Just keep going you'll get the hang of it.

-Grey Fox
I agree alot with you. It might be a good idea to let her know WHY you wan't her number.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top