Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Diet Discipline

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Coffee is interesting. In moderation i love using it while fasting. I rarely remain moderate though and eventually and drinking too much of it and eventually it stops being effective for my alertness plus i get to the horrible heartburn. I am pretty sure once i am abusing it that its ratcheting up my stress hormones and messing with my gains
Coffee is actually really good for the body. One of the most liver protecting substances ever found, reduces uric acid levels by 40% for those who have gout issues, caffeine helps to burn fat as does the chlorogenic acid found in the coffee beans which also contains high levels of antioxidants.

I never was a coffee drinkee but started to drink it in the morning for health benefits. You can boost the fat burning properties by adding 1-1.5 teaspoons of baking cocoa to it.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell them the truth. Say you are focused on getting in shape and you are not going to be eating out for a while until you reach your goals.

Simple, effective and they will respect it usually.

Same way that when I was really in peak physical shape and I would go out with friends to the bar or clubs, I would order water all night and I had so many people give me props for that and tell me how impressed they were that I had that much discipline and how they wish they could do that with things...of course I had a few people that gave me sh!t about it, but most were supportive and impressed.

People respect you when you know what you want and do things to achieve those goals.
I decided not to eat lunch with the crew today. I spent a ton of money on vacation and even small cutbacks like lunches out will be helpful. I'm definitely more in it to limit the useless calories as i want to get more cut for summer. I'm in better shape than last year for sure bodyfat wise, but i can do better. My endurance and strength are good, need to really take my diet more seriously.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee is actually really good for the body. One of the most liver protecting substances ever found, reduces uric acid levels by 40% for those who have gout issues, caffeine helps to burn fat as does the chlorogenic acid found in the coffee beans which also contains high levels of antioxidants.

I never was a coffee drinkee but started to drink it in the morning for health benefits. You can boost the fat burning properties by adding 1-1.5 teaspoons of baking cocoa to it.
That's pretty neat. I knew dark cocoa was good for people but great to see this benefit.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Call it whatever you want but when I’m my 50’s I take off my shirt at the beach or pool and women of all ages can’t help but look? That’s all the motivation I need.

I’ve had girls in their 20’s walk by and say “damn daddy”, a handful of times. When I was traveling a lot with an ex and we’d hit up resort pools (she was an athlete, with an unbelievable physique), young women would actively pursue us in conversation and tell us how amazing we looked.

Obvi being in great shape and looking good has many benefits beyond compliments.

So again IDGAF what anyone says about needing validation - made me happy and feel good - so y’all can save it.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call it whatever you want but when I’m my 50’s I take off my shirt at the beach or pool and women of all ages can’t help but look? That’s all the motivation I need.

I’ve had girls in their 20’s walk by and say “damn daddy”, a handful of times. When I was traveling a lot with an ex and we’d hit up resort pools (she was an athlete, with an unbelievable physique), young women would actively pursue us in conversation and tell us how amazing we looked.

Obvi being in great shape and looking good has many benefits beyond compliments.

So again IDGAF what anyone says about needing validation - made me happy and feel good - so y’all can save it.
I remember when i was in my best shape, seeing women stare blatantly at me across the pool. Getting close to that condition again. Time to get back there.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can I build the discipline to live off of only spinach and not drink alcohol until I no longer have a fat face?
The only way to do it, is to just do it. There are no shortcuts in life that are worthwhile.

The only person you're cheating is yourself. You will know damn well when you've cheated.

One of the biggest things you can do is to not beat yourself up if you fall off the bandwagon. Self-doubt and self-hatred should never enter your mind, ever. Just get up, dust yourself off and keep trying.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

By the way great work on staying in great shape!

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I appreciate it. What kills me is so many people spend so much time arguing against the importance of maintaining a good physique, and do nothing about it themselves. And then say I know some guy that’s a fat slob that gets model quality chicks or I know some skinny fck that does the same.

It’s good for your health, your confidence and is a DIFFERENTIATOR.

By the way great work on staying in great shape!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Yup...women can be quite bold...I played flag and touch football in leagues for a few years when I was in peak shape an we had Nike DriFit jerseys as part of our uniforms...

My abs literally used to show through the jersey like giant slabs of ribs stuck to my body...I used to catch women staring at me all the time and saying things when we walked by...

Doubt I will ever get back to that level again but I am working on getting back to acceptable shale by my standards.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate it. What kills me is so many people spend so much time arguing against the importance of maintaining a good physique, and do nothing about it themselves. And then say I know some guy that’s a fat slob that gets model quality chicks or I know some skinny fck that does the same.

It’s good for your health, your confidence and is a DIFFERENTIATOR.
Its pretty to outclass most guys in our age group by physique etc. Guys in their 40's start to let themselves go bad..

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup...women can be quite bold...I played flag and touch football in leagues for a few years when I was in peak shape an we had Nike DriFit jerseys as part of our uniforms...

My abs literally used to show through the jersey like giant slabs of ribs stuck to my body...I used to catch women staring at me all the time and saying things when we walked by...

Doubt I will ever get back to that level again but I am working on getting back to acceptable shale by my standards.
Let's motivate each other. I'm using a diet app from Renaissance Periodization but lots of good options. I just have to quit with the cheat meals and junk and alcohol. I workout too hard to override it with a bad diet and all the junk anymore.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yep I just got home and instead of sitting down with a beer and watching TV I’m gonna go lift.

Hot daddy it is. I’ll grill a slab of salmon and make a spinach salad with a homemade vinaigrette when I’m done and it’s gonna taste like glory.

Let's motivate each other. I'm using a diet app from Renaissance Periodization but lots of good options. I just have to quit with the cheat meals and junk and alcohol. I workout too hard to override it with a bad diet and all the junk anymore.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've got a little bit of a head start, I'm down 43 lbs since mid January haha

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went back and on my RP cut from Jan - April I lost 11.5 lbs. That coincided with marathon training which i did for the mental benefits. Now i'm back to lifting more and less cardio (have to do to a minor injury anyways that needs to heal up before i run again).

My weight is about 10 lbs more than when i was in peak shape with a 4 pack, but a little more muscular then so its a nice compromise.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I weigh around 200 pounds which is what I weighed at the height of my fitness. My body fat hovers around 15% right now when I was up there it was about 10%. I still look good naked I don’t have a belly or anything like that but the belt of Adonis is muted and my arms dont bulge like they used to in my shirts. The six outline is still there but the individual cuts aren’t.

Mind you I’ve been in a high stress sitch more than a year and let my workouts suffer. I figure it’ll take me about 90 days to get back to where I was shouldn’t be hard started a few weeks ago I hope not to lose a lot of weight.

Crunch time.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
Black coffee has no calories though
It has caffeine
Coffee is interesting. In moderation i love using it while fasting. I rarely remain moderate though and eventually and drinking too much of it and eventually it stops being effective for my alertness plus i get to the horrible heartburn. I am pretty sure once i am abusing it that its ratcheting up my stress hormones and messing with my gains
could not have said this any better.
It is addictive

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys do about carbohydrate cravings?
My low carb diet usually lasts 5-6 days then i binge on carb heavy foods and have to start over

is it potassium? Sea salt? Healthy fats?
how do i curb cravings?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
In my experience when you’re training hard, it really doesn’t matter how much you eat once you reach a certain baseline. There was a time when I was eating 6 cups of white rice every day to try to pack on calories. I just couldn’t move from 185lbs.

As far as craving them, you just need to train yourself. Even if I am on carb restrictions I will still make myself almond clafoutis every now and then. I find it just runs through me. But you have to be circumspect. No wheat flour, etc. and my need for sweets has been bleached out of me over the years. I enjoy them but I can avoid them, just make sure you’re eating high quality fruit.

For example, if I’m out at a restaurant, and they bring a bowl of fresh baked bread out with balsamic and olive oil, or garlic or whatever I will eat the living hell out of it. But then I’ll chill for the rest of the week.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I decided not to eat lunch with the crew today. I spent a ton of money on vacation and even small cutbacks like lunches out will be helpful. I'm definitely more in it to limit the useless calories as i want to get more cut for summer. I'm in better shape than last year for sure bodyfat wise, but i can do better. My endurance and strength are good, need to really take my diet more seriously.
Thats good. This week i went to get a milkshake at McDonald's. They have these sweet snacks and cookies laying there in sight, and then i realized: " I am immune to the temptation of this shyte". You gotta become completely indifferent to fastfood. Give it zero ,even better a diminishing value.

I came up with another concept to motivate myself; summer and winter food. Summer , no jacket on, I simply must look good in a dope tshirt. So I eat a little less fastfood. Pehaps when its starts raining again I'll order some pizza now and then.

I went back and on my RP cut from Jan - April I lost 11.5 lbs. That coincided with marathon training which i did for the mental benefits. Now i'm back to lifting more and less cardio (have to do to a minor injury anyways that needs to heal up before i run again).

My weight is about 10 lbs more than when i was in peak shape with a 4 pack, but a little more muscular then so its a nice compromise.
I lost 10 kg ( 22 pounds) in 6 months.

Last year i got that dream physique. A 6 pack to compliment it all. Got in a depression and Completely let myself go (like never before ) and got actually fat. Decided to get back in shape and yesterday i finally hit the 12 kg mark.

My "secret " is;
- no alcohol. Although i did had two glasses of wine in 6 months..you get what I mean

- boxing . Iove boxing, so i hit tge heavy bag twice to 3 times a week. The gym at least 3 times a week. Always cardio for 30 minutes. Sometimes, on days when I am tired no cardio, just short lifting. (Perhaps you like another activity instead of boxing like..basketball, climbing, soccer ect)

- i do tons of calisthenics. Pull ups and pushup to the limit. Abbs and core exercises.

- ofcourse; no fastfood. My goto snack is mostly peanuts. Sometimes chocolate peanuts as a treat. Fruit everyday, NO SODA!! Lots of green thee. No snakcks, chips nothing . I dont even buy that shyte.