"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Did your father's give you advice on women growing up?

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
My father never really told me anything about women. Did anybody here have father's that helped them with women? If so, was the advice that he gave you good or was it AFC?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
southern California
My dad told me to treat girls like my buddies, like they are no one special. But I alway ended up getting all infatuated after i met a girl and made all the typical AFC mistakes. Not anymore though!
 

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
exact words was, "always treat women with respect. be nice to them and befriend them. before you know it they'll be wanting you. loving you"

PFFT!!..
 

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
324
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NYC
No advice. No nothing. Maybe just treat girls with respect, etc.

And also I got was "girls are trouble - dont worry about them until you are 30"

hahaha
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Bulldog6971

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
all afc advise nothing at all usefull, it often helps doin the opposite of wat he says.:confused:
 

tiburon

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
MIAMI & NEW YORK
No advice at all

I think that learning on my own has being the best way to learn about women. If I ever have a son thi is what i would tell him:

Live and Learn but incase all you do is live and not learn the only thing i want you to learn is to not judge a book only by its cover!
 

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
Re: No advice at all

Originally posted by tiburon
I think that learning on my own has being the best way to learn about women. If I ever have a son thi is what i would tell him:

Live and Learn but incase all you do is live and not learn the only thing i want you to learn is to not judge a book only by its cover!
Ah... Golden advice.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
484
Reaction score
3
Age
46
Location
Ontario
Never. But my karate sensei did tell me never to stick with only one woman. Pointlessly, I think he used to be a military general or something (or a high ranking officer).

My parents hide their sexuality so well that I honestly believe they were the first partners (sexual or otherwise) each of them had. Bizarre...
 

joecollapoppa

Banned
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
NYC
Nope, I didn't grow up with my pops, I gained my "playa" abilities by hangin around older cousins, friends from school, friends from work who was all in the game. yup we had Good Times man Good times.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
how to be a ****block. My dad told me to not get involved with a girl until after college:rolleyes:. I thought that was what college was for:D plus that whole learning thing and alot of other AFC advice. i think that it had to do with his past that I won't get into.

Thank god for this site because I would still be listening to it:(. Probably would have been a thirty year old virgin who has never gotten kissed:eek:.
 

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
267
Reaction score
3
My dad was from the 'old country'. His only advice about women I've heard is (won't sound as good translated to English, but):

Women have holes in their heads and in their legs.

Don't f*ck a crazy women; and don't bring a crazy woman home.
 
Top