Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Did I do the right thing?

RandomGuy22

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
My g/f and I are talking on aim tonight, and I say she's being mean (jokingly) and she gives me this like "no not me i'm never mean" speech. So jokingly I say something like "well your thighs aren't good! oooooh that's right I went there" and I think she actualy got mad. I said "do you want a kiss to make you feel better?" she says "no , you're on probation for a week". Right there I was like.. wow what the **** so I said "wow are you joking"
she said "Does it look like i'm joking"

So I said "ok suit yourself, you're missing yout"

she says "Ask any other girl if you said that to them would they get angry"

I said "That would be pointless because it was obviously a joke"

She says "ok whatever I don't even care", and goes to pack (she's moving into her dorm in two days)

While she's away I leave a msg that says "You're only frustrating yourself"

she comes back and says I'm not frustrated, I say "ok good :)"

I try to continue a normal convo. but she seems distant, like she's expecting an apology, which I am NOT giving. how can I handle this? or did I do it correctly
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by RandomGuy22
My g/f and I are talking on aim tonight
Ok theres your first problem.

Neither of you could tell the seriousness of each other, so by using aim you crippled yourself.

Even though i agree with you not wanting to apologize (Its not your freiking problem she's insecure with herself.) yOU need to never use aim again, use your phone, jesus.
 

RandomGuy22

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
We were just talking on aim for fun, no one was angry at the time the convo started
 

Jester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2001
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
7
Location
NJ, USA
Humm youre girlfriends a prostitute.

Shes using sex to get what she wants.

By withhold sex(even if youre not having sex its the same deal), she is trying to control you with it.

Seriously dump this girl and dont waste any more time on her.

You will regret it if you do not.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Jester
Humm youre girlfriends a prostitute.

Shes using sex to get what she wants.

By withhold sex(even if youre not having sex its the same deal), she is trying to control you with it.

Seriously dump this girl and dont waste any more time on her.

You will regret it if you do not.
I agree
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top