Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Debunking 'THE PRIZE' - and plates

hardboiled85

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I am "THE PRIZE", why do I need to get a career (that is solid and reliable), work out, be toned and fit, dress well, act well, act like a CLOWN, jumping through a suitors hoops, saying just the right thing, upping my game, playing her game, and just generally trying to be FANTASTIC, all for a girl who is about a 6.5 and will drop me like lead the moment some spoon fed, little life experience grown up boy whom is happy and carefree because mommy and daddy is just around the corner so he can "ACT" tough, pumps some weights, pretends to be ZYZZ, just wants to **** and do nothing else.. wild and horny which immediately cancels any good trait you might offer or she can see and touch IN-THE-MOMENT.
Doesn't matter, I am the prize after I change my entire life just to be coveted and loved by some average loser girl who does nothing but possess a skin slipper and has a job..

Along with this is what I personally see as BS - -"plates", how the heck are men finding and fornicating with not one but 3 women AT THE SAME TIME??
As soon as a girl leaves me or I leave her I experience a huge dry spell, never sure when the next girl will be coming along??, I left a girl in Oct 2020, and I have had no real interest from women since, and before that a girl left me and I had a dry spell for EIGHT DAMN YEARS -- plates? who the hell are these men talking and talked about in the RP community? movie stars?
Like my life and romance and "VALUE" is the same as when I was 25 -- apparently it gets better for men but at 36 I am basically invisible.. not even 5 out of 10 girls will really get things going apart from some eye contact. Yeashhh, MGTOW seems more grounded each passing day I suppose.. Anyhow will appreciate any discussion men.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like you want us to convince you that you deserve the best you can get in life. Why the hell aren't YOU the one advocating that?

This isn't customer service, you're free to do whatever you want in life. When you aren't happy with the consequences of your decisions, it's up to you to grow and change your environment until you're satisfied. If that doesn't involve working out or talking with women so be it.

You have all the power to create your own bliss, whatever that means to you.

hardboiled85

Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like you want us to convince you that you deserve the best you can get in life. Why the hell aren't YOU the one advocating that?

This isn't customer service, you're free to do whatever you want in life. When you aren't happy with the consequences of your decisions, it's up to you to grow and change your environment until you're satisfied. If that doesn't involve working out or talking with women so be it.

You have all the power to create your own bliss, whatever that means to you.
This question was really aimed at the greater SS/RP community for debate, I included myself more to talk from my point of view. Thanks for your opinion however, I look forward to others too. Regards

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score

How often do you approach? Really? I think you're also giving your commitment away too early, if they don't work for it they won't appreciate it. That's something I just learned recently the hard way. The first paragraph seems like you're doing it for them instead of what makes you happy. That's the "frame" that's often talked about in these communities. Do you know why a kush smoking, couch surfing, bum can have a long term girlfriend who works to support his dumb ass while he plays xbox all day? Because he knows that if she dumps him, he can find another chick and he won't stand any of her $hit. He'll stand up for himself and has self respect, admirable qualities in a man. I'm still learning and I don't proclaim to be some Casanova who can game any chick, far from it. I'm just an average chump who's still learning the rules of the road. but what I do know is this, if women are your priority, than naturally you'll come secondary to them as well as they can sense this. Women want a leader they can follow, not a circus freak who's juggling knives for their entertainment. They want to know that you're the best that they can do, and how do they know this? Is it by their partner trying to impress them and perform for them at every turn, or is it by maintaining frame, not caring for their opinions and doing your own thing with them coming along for the ride. Build an awesome life, with passions and hobbies, and women will naturally be attracted to you because when you're passionate about something, especially more passionate about it than you are about women, than they'll naturally be attracted to your world. It's your world though, so if they don't like it they can kindly gtfo.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your the prize is one mindset. Designed to counteract the devaluation of men by our society.

Sadly the reality is that an average women starts off with a higher SMV than a man. They are the supply we are the demand.

Detachment and self amused mastery are others. You are as you train so building the attributes day by day week by week is how it happens. Main point is enjoy the process not be attached to outcomes.

So say an affirmation that says I will date hot women because I deserve it is outcome dependent. No bueno. You just put your happiness in somebodys else's power.

I will always talk to hot women because I m a social guy. Is better.

Although you ll probably will want to add one on rejections too.

And yea as the guys said build a solid life and learn to have fun with chicks and you will be the prize. But do it because you enjoy being an accomplished man one of the long line who have stood watch in the dark and built civilization. Not because of what some female thinks. Pvssy is nice that's all just nice. The rock and the sea.

And just put your ego aside and ask your questions directly. We re here to help.

Last edited:

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Original poster is absolutely correct, with an attitude like that you are not the prize.

What you focus on is what you get in life.

My generation was raised that the man focuses on career and then everything else will follow. That has been my philosophy on life.

Point being, you need to focus on yourself for yourself. You improve yourself because you want to. When you focus on yourself and not on getting women is when you start to become the prize.

Before I remarried, I was dating 2 to 3 woman a weekend. Did not sleep with any of them because they weren’t really a good enough fit for me. Not worth getting into a relationship. I broke it off with most of them. I could have slept with some of them if I wanted but that was not my goal. My goal was to get someone permanently.

Dating multiple women a weekend was a good reminder for me to hold out for only the best women. Also good dating practice.

During the date, women are assessing your interest level. Make them do the work on the date. Act as if you’re on the fence about them and they may start making out with you.

As for lifting weights you should do it because you want to do it, because it causes a release of growth hormone, which keeps you healthy.

Attitude will either get you very far in life or it will get you no where in life. The choice is yours. Choose wisely!

Good luck!

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This question was really aimed at the greater SS/RP community for debate, I included myself more to talk from my point of view. Thanks for your opinion however, I look forward to others too. Regards
It's clearly coming from a place of laziness and ignorance, as SS is a mountain of threads that go much deeper than what you've described, and those threads have beaten these topics to death. You've barely scratched the surface and now seem to be asking to be spoon fed something that is right in front of you, all under the guise of starting a discussion.

You will get out what you put in. Given how you seem to mock the ideas you've uncovered so far without presenting an alternative, I feel that being critical of you is justified. This critique is coming from a place of camaraderie to keep you in check, not out of anger or anything negative. I'll bow out and leave it to the rest here to chat with you.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I am "THE PRIZE", why do I need to get a career (that is solid and reliable), work out, be toned and fit, dress well, act well, act like a CLOWN, jumping through a suitors hoops, saying just the right thing, upping my game, playing her game, and just generally trying to be FANTASTIC, all for a girl who is about a 6.5 and will drop me like lead the moment some spoon fed, little life experience grown up boy whom is happy and carefree because mommy and daddy is just around the corner so he can "ACT" tough, pumps some weights, pretends to be ZYZZ, just wants to **** and do nothing else.. wild and horny which immediately cancels any good trait you might offer or she can see and touch IN-THE-MOMENT.
Doesn't matter, I am the prize after I change my entire life just to be coveted and loved by some average loser girl who does nothing but possess a skin slipper and has a job..

Along with this is what I personally see as BS - -"plates", how the heck are men finding and fornicating with not one but 3 women AT THE SAME TIME??
As soon as a girl leaves me or I leave her I experience a huge dry spell, never sure when the next girl will be coming along??, I left a girl in Oct 2020, and I have had no real interest from women since, and before that a girl left me and I had a dry spell for EIGHT DAMN YEARS -- plates? who the hell are these men talking and talked about in the RP community? movie stars?
Like my life and romance and "VALUE" is the same as when I was 25 -- apparently it gets better for men but at 36 I am basically invisible.. not even 5 out of 10 girls will really get things going apart from some eye contact. Yeashhh, MGTOW seems more grounded each passing day I suppose.. Anyhow will appreciate any discussion men.
You should be pursuing your goals and taking care of your mental/physical/spiritual health and appearance for YOU and nobody else. "Set your life afire; seek those who fan your flames." - Rumi.

Regarding yours second paragraph, I think you're putting the cart way before the horse. Take the first steps toward living life how you want to. Stop worrying about fukk boys and red pill keyboard jockeys - worry about you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I am "THE PRIZE", why do I need to get a career (that is solid and reliable), work out, be toned and fit, dress well, act well, act like a CLOWN, jumping through a suitors hoops, saying just the right thing, upping my game, playing her game, and just generally trying to be FANTASTIC
You do all those things so that you actually BECOME the prize - well, not the part about playing "her game" and acting like a clown.
You can't just read The DJ Bible and say "I am the Prize". and *poof* you're the prize. But there is something to be said about having a positive attitude. A positive attitude will always serve you better and get better results than a negative attitude.
On the most cynical level, well you're the prize in your head, in that you put all this work into yourself and you get to choose who you invite into your world. In other words, you're the prize in your reality.

All that said, I have to admit I have never walked around saying "I'm the prize". Everybody has something to contribute. Women are the keepers of sex, but men are the keepers of relationships.

There's a saying, that goes something like this: Make her come up with the reasons to reject you, don't provide them for her yourself. That's what you're doing if you go into a situation expecting to get rejected.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@hardboiled85 you are right for the most part. The older you get the more you are seen as a walking ATM, or a plan B for over the hill women.

Naturally, if you just want to sleep with attractive women disregard what I'm saying. If you want to lock up a quality girl while she is young and has a lot of suitors, then you are in trouble.

hardboiled85

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's clearly coming from a place of laziness and ignorance, as SS is a mountain of threads that go much deeper than what you've described, and those threads have beaten these topics to death. You've barely scratched the surface and now seem to be asking to be spoon fed something that is right in front of you, all under the guise of starting a discussion.
If that is the case, and you truly believe that, then you yourself have 'added' to that mountain of threads by replying... every single situation is different, every question too -- if numerous threads solved all the issues say 10 years ago we wouldn't need a FORUM, for discussion of issues on a personal level... we would just need a BLOG POST that has the cheat sheet ready to go.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that is the case, and you truly believe that, then you yourself have 'added' to that mountain of threads by replying... every single situation is different, every question too -- if numerous threads solved all the issues say 10 years ago we wouldn't need a FORUM, for discussion of issues on a personal level... we would just need a BLOG POST that has the cheat sheet ready to go.
One of the reasons why this forum exists is to have people constantly making threads on topics that have been discussed here over and over again. With the exception of new members, most threads are a waste of time, like this one for example. What is the purpose of this thread anyway? I'm not going to stop thinking I'm the prize.

hardboiled85

Don Juan
Reaction score
most threads are a waste of time, like this one for example. What is the purpose of this thread anyway? I'm not going to stop thinking I'm the prize.
Well friend, according to you you have just wasted literal time out of your life to reply (And bump) something that has no use or meaning to you, you could have lifted some iron for 2 minutes but instead you came here and pointlessly contributed. Bye.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The prize" is for you. It means you value yourself and have self respect. When you realize women hold certain men to a very high regard, and desire them strongly why would you want to be less than this for any woman.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still think you should have the mindset because it's still true subjectively. There is no benefit to you from not acting like the prize. It is also true that you are the prize if you are rigorous with doing your approaches. Anyone with options is the prize. It is just not objectively true that men are the prize given how skewed the market has become.
Agreed a lot of pick up stuff was theorised before the metoric rise of OLD and social platforms

While the core theories do still remain , the environment has completely changed women's perception of both themsleves and men has completely changed in the last 15-20 years

A lot of women know THEY are the prize as most have far more options than their opposite sex

As a result The market has become a lot more ruthless i think 10 years ago you could get away with the odd fvck up now you literally need to be virtually perfect or someone's exact "type"

As i have said previously you can value yourself as a prize and arguably its essential you do so

just don't expect anyone else to

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed a lot of pick up stuff was theorised before the metoric rise of OLD and social platforms

While the core theories do still remain , the environment has completely changed women's perception of both themsleves and men has completely changed in the last 15-20 years

A lot of women know THEY are the prize as most have far more options than their opposite sex

As a result The market has become a lot more ruthless i think 10 years ago you could get away with the odd fvck up now you literally need to be virtually perfect or someone's exact "type"

As i have said previously you can value yourself as a prize and arguably its essential you do so

They are not the prize. Most do not add value to a man's life. They are a liability and a huge risk.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Insightful take. Here's how I see it though...

How others perceive themselves is out of my control and irrelevant. This is about giving yourself credit and esteem.

Women of a certain demographic have always known they were in demand. OLD didn't suddenly awaken them to this fact.

Having value (being "the prize") is not a zero-sum game. I spread mine around and sometimes I get it from others. I'd rather spend time with a girl who is aware of her value than one who is low self-esteem. It's a great thing when two high value people connect. I've been with girls who have low self esteem and while they may be submissive, they're also a drag after a while.

No matter what, a woman will always orbit and ping off of a guy she admires - who admires himself.

I think "be the prize" is another bad red pill slogan because it signifies some final result or something somebody won. Having high value is a better way to put it - it's both a mindset and a pursuit. A prize is something at the bottom of a box of Cracker Jacks.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not the prize. Most do not add value to a man's life. They are a liability and a huge risk.
Try telling that to a guy thats horny and wants to get his d1ck wet

This is the issue only a tiny proportion of men understand enough about women to recognise how dangerous they actually are

The rest just wanna smash and will say and do anything for her to facilitate it , this has been made 100X easier through hyper communication

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This reminds me of a recent post by Zimbawe where he asks whether men do and should self-improve for their sake or with the end goal of social status.

Truth is, men, unlike most women, do not validate themselves by how they are perceived. Social status is important so of course, there is an element of that, but the "I'm the price" concept is more a mindset you earn for your own sake through being the best man and human that you can be at a given time. Not for the sake of spinning plates or having a DGFA attitude that hopefully makes you attractive to females but simply because it is YOUR life. It is your choice. It is your path, one which you only will walk on.

Modern Man Advice