Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Debunking the Cheap Date myth

RickTheToad

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a cheap under 20 dollar date. You might get lucky a few times, but expect most first dates to be around $40-$75...cost of living varies- I live in Texas

1). Walk in the Park- First, good luck getting a woman to commit to this as a first date. The other issue with this one is most dates happen at night or in the evening. Next, you have to factor in the weather, and based on Jesse's Miami thread, I know yall aren't living in Southern California where the weather is usually moderate and sunny. Now let's say you do get a date out of these parameters and the girl brings up getting drinks or food, bye bye free first date. Are you going to end a date going well because you are too cheap to buy drinks? I don't fvcking think so lol.

2). Coffee- Girl says she is free Saturday or Wednesday night, are you really going to drink coffee at 8pm? Furthermore, Coffee places are usually terrible environments for first dates because they are usually small, congested, and sometimes loud. Yes there are off times you can find one, but I wouldn't rely on it. Plus, what if you have the coffee shvts lol?

3). Drinks- 2 drinks each can easily be $40 dollars minimum unless you are out here in some podunk dive bar in Johnsville, Kansas where it reeks of cigarettes and hot dogs. If you live in some mecca gold mine where there are plenty of hot single women living in some red county suburb of Kansas City, Missouri, Good for you but most single women live downtown or close to it.

4). Go Dutch- So what value do you provide? You don't pay for dates? You don't eat pvssy because it's beta? You don't show emotions because you're an alpha? You tell her that you are fvcking multiple women? Why is this girl dating you then? If you're charisma is so fvcking great then why aren't you in politics or acting in Hollywood. Write a book bro.
If you're not an APD, that's okay. How about billiards and a couple of beers? I've done that before, worked well. Less than 30 bucks. Another tip, use Groupon. Back when I was dating, there was also Living Social (since purchased by Groupon). Yelp allows merchants to offer specials as well.

Need to think outside the box.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a cheap under 20 dollar date. You might get lucky a few times, but expect most first dates to be around $40-$75...cost of living varies- I live in Texas

1). Walk in the Park- First, good luck getting a woman to commit to this as a first date. The other issue with this one is most dates happen at night or in the evening. Next, you have to factor in the weather, and based on Jesse's Miami thread, I know yall aren't living in Southern California where the weather is usually moderate and sunny. Now let's say you do get a date out of these parameters and the girl brings up getting drinks or food, bye bye free first date. Are you going to end a date going well because you are too cheap to buy drinks? I don't fvcking think so lol.

2). Coffee- Girl says she is free Saturday or Wednesday night, are you really going to drink coffee at 8pm? Furthermore, Coffee places are usually terrible environments for first dates because they are usually small, congested, and sometimes loud. Yes there are off times you can find one, but I wouldn't rely on it. Plus, what if you have the coffee shvts lol?

3). Drinks- 2 drinks each can easily be $40 dollars minimum unless you are out here in some podunk dive bar in Johnsville, Kansas where it reeks of cigarettes and hot dogs. If you live in some mecca gold mine where there are plenty of hot single women living in some red county suburb of Kansas City, Missouri, Good for you but most single women live downtown or close to it.

4). Go Dutch- So what value do you provide? You don't pay for dates? You don't eat pvssy because it's beta? You don't show emotions because you're an alpha? You tell her that you are fvcking multiple women? Why is this girl dating you then? If you're charisma is so fvcking great then why aren't you in politics or acting in Hollywood. Write a book bro.
Who are you angry with; men for saying there are cheap $20 dates or women expecting $40-75 dates?

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we are talking first date here where there’s no such high interest yet unless you’re lying to her face like the Tinder Swindler. Plus, he was preying on a particular type of girl, not just picking off girls left and right.
I don’t think you got my point.

If you’re worrying about trivial stuff like this, to impress her, you already lost. You’re pandering to an image that likely isn’t actually you and you’re entering territory that women are naturally better at men at.

There’s no high, medium, or low interest. There’s interested and not interested. When you start playing interest levels like this you are entering a women’s field from which you won’t win.

Women play interest levels and as a man you’re goal is interested and not interested- none of this in between games. If she doesn’t accept xyz date offer then she’s not interested. It’s really that simple.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who are you angry with; men for saying there are cheap $20 dates or women expecting $40-75 dates?
I’m not OP but your thinking is definitely up there.

I have several $0 no dates that turn into lays and friends with benefits- theses aren’t with fatties or uglies either and sometimes they even want a relationship.

Men are out here spending money when they don’t have to.

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop going on dates and just hang out with them.
Exactly. Who the **** goes on actual dates with women you aren’t banging? You invite them to hang out. Putting all this thought and energy into a date with a women you barely know already lowers your value. I’ll take them places after banging them at least 3 times, they got to earn the date.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if she considers you 4 points SMV higher than her, she will rob tutankahmun's gold casket for you on the first date, if you insist you want it as a display piece.

Ive seen and experienced what women do when they desire you. you dont have to take them anywhere.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a 'girl who isn't high interest yet.' She's either high interest from the jump, or she's not. There's no 'well, hopefully after our first 2 dates, she'll become high interest.'

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit there's truth here. I recently began receiving complimentary tickets to $40 to $70 dollar a ticket concerts from work. The difference in enthusiasm between asking women on dates to those shows and my standard cheap ice cream date was... palpable to say the least.
ofcourse there is, so they can to finesse you to hell. and dont consider your SMV high enough for coffee.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I target fit women, I’ve begun the “active” date: let’s go for a hike! I get to see her in shorts/spandex and tennis shoes and it gives us a few hours to chat. Take them into the semi wilderness - easy to do here. This serves several purposes- it weeds out SIFs, women using old pics, it’s daytime so the makeup trick doesn’t work, I get to see her fitness level and she gets to see my well above average physique. It works.
Often this can lead to "Let's grab a cold beer" and then, "Can I grab a shower....at your place?"

Personally the post exertion endorphins gets me turned on and her too...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

You obviously have never tried the walk in the park because I do it all the time when it's nice out in the spring/summer/fall. Literally 0 women have ever said no. Out of at least 50-60 first dates there. So good luck with a 100% success rate? No luck is needed actually

Or maybe women just see you as someone they can take advantage of.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You obviously have never tried the walk in the park because I do it all the time when it's nice out in the spring/summer/fall. Literally 0 women have ever said no. Out of at least 50-60 first dates there. So good luck with a 100% success rate? No luck is needed actually

Or maybe women just see you as someone they can take advantage of.
My limited experience meeting a woman for coffee of of OKC. I pitched meet for a coffee and she complied. When I got their she already had her coffee. I bought my own, and proposed a walk. After an hour walk around downtown she was already trying to seed another date for that weekend.

Where I screwed up was her telling me he had an apartment nearby she was moving out of in a week or two, and that her kids were in school for another couple of hours...I think her high interest actually spooked me more than anything.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
And absolutely the activity date is low pressure for both parties and women re more apt to accept it because it’s low risk. A hike can also turn into a lunch instadate and can go from there.

If you’re really crafty and got some kino in or a kiss sitting on a log by a tree canopied stream (perfect first kiss women love that) - you could have a cooler in the trunk of your car with a bottle of champs/oj and a charcuterie board.

Be creative, chicks love it.

If it goes south you still have the evening for another date.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done it many times, go to a coffee shop or whatever. I usually get to know her first before I decide to take her to dinner. If I am being honest I don't think it has ever hurt my "game" and many times the woman would be the one to suggest the above.

I don't think inviting a woman out to eat does anything for her (when she isn't interested) but provide her with a nice meal. You foot the bill then go home and find out you are incompatible. You take the L.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ask a girl out on a date you should pay, period. Maybe you can work something out for subsequent dates but if you aren't able to pay for a modest first date then you probably shouldn't be dating anyway. And if you aren't willing to go down on a woman because you're afraid your friends will think you aren't a real man then you need a psychiatrist and definitely shouldn't be burdening a woman with your mental health issues.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This lol at guys complaining about first dates
Yes it's pricey but seriously you pay in one way (time) or another ($$$)
My current girl is not expensive in $$$ but I pay for it dearly in time. She needs a ton of attention. Soon guys will realize that time is more expensive than money. There comes a point where I think wealthy guys will see no issue just opening their wallet just to get her away. Here honey, this is $5,000 go shopping and leave me the hell alone.