Dealing with tough, independent women

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like how holding a regular job for a man is "business as usual," whereas for a woman it's a sign of being "tough and independent".

I mean, you can feed yourself and pay the bills? Stop the ****ing presses!

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matt Rogers said:
Ive been chatting online recently to this girl. She is in her late 20s like me. She is really successful in her career, already a manager. She seems to have an active social life with lots of friends and in her words "doesn't need a man".

She complained that men tend to be either too controlling and pushy, or too clingy and needy, and in general she is disappointed with men.

She is very witty and we banter a lot when we talk and she is always has a sharp comeback.

She made the comment that I seem a lot more emotional than her, and her friends say she has a heart of stone.

Oh and she is really hot.

Im meeting her tomorrow but Im not really sure what to make of her. I get the impression a lot of this is a front and probably she has just been hurt in the past. But while chatting to her online it was hard to get past the verbal swordplay and actually connect on any level.

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/unemployment-busting-the-mating-market/

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200803/single-marry

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/relationships/article7009556.ece

You need to remind yourself you're in the drivers seat, she's on borrowed time lookswise, and her career doesn't mean a thing to most men. Get the idea?

When women like this give guys a hard time, that's when you just stop, look them in the eye, and call them out on whatever it is they're doing. Usually it's a form of vicious ball busting.

"Wow, you're being pretty mean/rude/abrasive/etc. Did I do something to offend you?"

Then just let it simmer and build tension so she has to either realize she's being a cold biatch for no fault of your own and adjusts her behavior accordingly, or she brushes it off like it's no big deal and "that's just the way she is". If the former then you've broken through and are good to go. If the latter then stand up, say something along the lines of, "Yeah, this isn't going to work." and abruptly walk away.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm always skeptical of the "tough and independent" woman. I call bullsh!t.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she weren't hot, would you give a sh!t about her "tough & independent" arse?

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped reading at this part.......

Matt Rogers said:
Ive been chatting online recently to this girl.........and in her words "doesn't need a man"
Your already all kinds of fcucked up! Eject son, EJECT!!!

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I guess I was being a bit sexist being impressed she is a project manager.

I met her last night. She was very different from her online persona. Very quiet. Not at all argumentative or sarcastic. She seemed very nervous if anything. I had to ask a lot of questions to get her talking. Very closed body language.

She wasn't as good looking as her photos suggested. I wasn't that attracted to her.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Matt,
Living proof that bull**** baffles brain.....I had a funny experience Internet dating,tried to come to grips with a Lady who started her profile with "I am a Confidant Young Lady..."well the first meeting she flaked,but the second was quite amusing,I agreed to see her in a corner coffee shop in a busy street,sitting peacefully enjoying my cappacino and my mobile phone rang..."T...is that you sitting at the table with a blue shirt" "well yeah,where are you""I'm sitting a hundred yards up the road looking at you through binoculars"of course when I walked up the road she had done a runner...You have to laugh...

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"She had done a runner"

What's that mean? Did she stop some guy that was running along the road and have sex with him in the bushes?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
"She had done a runner"

What's that mean? Did she stop some guy that was running along the road and have sex with him in the bushes?
Ha ha ha ha !

NUTZ, Scaramouche speaks West Coast Australian.

He means "she split" .

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Ha ha ha ha !

NUTZ, Scaramouche speaks West Coast Australian.

He means "she split" .
Ah, learn something new every day.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matt Rogers said:
Yeah I guess I was being a bit sexist being impressed she is a project manager.

I met her last night. She was very different from her online persona. Very quiet. Not at all argumentative or sarcastic. She seemed very nervous if anything. I had to ask a lot of questions to get her talking. Very closed body language.

She wasn't as good looking as her photos suggested. I wasn't that attracted to her.
Amazing how "tough and independent" means jack sh!t to a man when he isn't attracted to a woman. I'm shocked. :p

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
An interesting post,this Lady discusses herself in terms that might impress another Woman....A typical behavior from Girls who don't mix with Men...probably analogous to the emphasis on Macho attributes that many Men adopt?