Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating single mothers

ChangePages

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,

I've heard so many countless of threads to not hook up with single mothers but how about sport f*king or just getting sex from them here and there. I don't want to be involved in her life but just date her and give her what she wants. How should I look at this situation?

Should I not approach and leave it be or should I just get what I want and leave?

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why get involved, you have a slip up and get one pregnant now your in a mess. Most single mothers want to latch onto a guy so he can help her out financially, get you lured in with sex once she's got you hooked good by sex.

xstang77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can just bang her without anything more then why not, it's not all cut and dry on there intentions etc. it just usually doesn't end well especially if you get close with their kids.look at it this way, she's either a piece of crap that would just leave her baby daddy even though they have a kid or the father was bad enough to force her to leave in which case the girl will be messed up from the experience.

logicallefty

Reaction score
In order to date a single mother but not get "sucked in" you have to establish frame immediately. First, don't be available when she starts in on wanting your help moving furniture or fixing her car. She must see you as far too busy to even think about asking. Also, drop her hints early on that you love a woman who can financially support herself without a man. this will send a message to her to ask somebody else for "gas money" and not you. Also never bash her ex no matter how much she does. She will turn that into you vs him by expecting things out of you that she didnt get out of him. And try to play off your ego to be better to her than he was. Bottom line go ahead and date them but dont fall into their web and become their next meal .

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In order to date a single mother but not get "sucked in" you have to establish frame immediately. First, don't be available when she starts in on wanting your help moving furniture or fixing her car. She must see you as far too busy to even think about asking. Also, drop her hints early on that you love a woman who can financially support herself without a man. this will send a message to her to ask somebody else for "gas money" and not you. Also never bash her ex no matter how much she does. She will turn that into you vs him by expecting things out of you that she didnt get out of him. And try to play off your ego to be better to her than he was. Bottom line go ahead and date them but dont fall into their web and become their next meal .
Sounds like you have experience.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are the same as any other woman, sometimes even more seasoned. Just keep in mind how many kids they have already vs. how many you want.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always figured that one reason to avoid single mothers is that responsible mother and fun girlfriend are probably going to be very opposite things (how often do you hang out with your mom when you wanna have fun?)

I don't really see a point in bothering with a single mother unless she's like an HB9.5 and her being a single mother makes her more desperate and therefore easier to smash than a normal 9.5

xstang77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My problem when them really is just there mental damage usually, there usually a train wreck because of how they became a single mother.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about them...

My problem when them really is just there mental damage usually, there usually a train wreck because of how they became a single mother.
This is certainly true! And I would say this composes 60% of them

Single mommies also tend to have this "princess" vibe to them, which is ridiculous cause they have to realize they are the bottom of the barrel. I think they can certainly be good plates, just don't meet the kids! To date one and be in a relationship, she would have to be living on her own, drop her princess BS, cooks and cleans for herself, has a good job, etc. I think the plate thing works nicely because they have limited time to spend with you

I would say my exgf falls in the princess type and just wanted to be pampered, acting like the world owes her something. If she is attractive, she has likely ridden the c*ck carousel and is severely damaged goods. She will be single for a while until she finds that sucker provider cause that's what most are looking for...

I have two boys myself though, so I have a different outlook...

WanderingMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always figured that one reason to avoid single mothers is that responsible mother and fun girlfriend are probably going to be very opposite things (how often do you hang out with your mom when you wanna have fun?)

I don't really see a point in bothering with a single mother unless she's like an HB9.5 and her being a single mother makes her more desperate and therefore easier to smash than a normal 9.5
IME, quite the opposite. It all depends on what you mean by "dating". Unless you're ready to settle down and be a step-dad, like @logicallefty was saying, keep her at arms length. If you do it right, she will use YOU as her escape from a stressed out mommy life: she's got a sitter for an hour or two....who's she going to call for a quick bang?

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've already said it a ton of times here, but don't avoid single mothers like the plague. They are the plague. I've been down that rabbit hole with too many different ones in very different circumstances and very different "types" of single moms. The journey was different with all of them but the destination is the same.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a friend who is dating a single mother right now, this guy is a really cool guy who has always been able to get girls and he seems to really enjoy spending time with the kid. he takes the two of them out to different places and cool trips and whatnot and he seems really happy, i guess some guys can be into it

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IME, quite the opposite. It all depends on what you mean by "dating". Unless you're ready to settle down and be a step-dad, like @logicallefty was saying, keep her at arms length. If you do it right, she will use YOU as her escape from a stressed out mommy life: she's got a sitter for an hour or two....who's she going to call for a quick bang?
I can't stress keeping them at an arms length enough. Not necessarily because they are fvcked in the head, but more so because you really want two solid years of evaluation to figure out if this is a chick you can really hang with, before you meet the kid. Kids don't deserve building relationships with people only the feel abandoned ed later. And I'm not saying you 'did' the abandoning, it just becomes a fact that occurs if things don't work out.

xstang77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea your there escape away occasionally from the mommy life until she decides she wants to go back to miss independent feminist,then it's screw you and your attachement with the kid.

xstang77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a friend who is dating a single mother right now, this guy is a really cool guy who has always been able to get girls and he seems to really enjoy spending time with the kid. he takes the two of them out to different places and cool trips and whatnot and he seems really happy, i guess some guys can be into it
You should really talk with him, when she drops him it's gonna destroy him after getting close with the kid. Ask me how I know...

WanderingMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea your there escape away occasionally from the mommy life until she decides she wants to go back to miss independent feminist,then it's screw you and your attachement with the kid.
@xstang77, it's too bad you had a bad experience with single mom. I don't know what went on between you two, so I can't really comment on it. However, if you look back at my post, I said nothing about meeting the kid. That's not what I'm referring to. For example, I "dated" a single mom for almost six months and never met her kid. It just never came up, our relationship was about having fun and banging, and that's about it. That's what I mean by escape. I know a lot of guys have a strict no single moms policy, that's fine, however, I'm just telling you my experience with single moms, and I've never once really had a bad one in the way you're referring to. If you ever find yourself going down that route, it's really up to YOU on where you want to take the relationship. If you get close to the kid in order to try to keep her then that one's on you (not saying you did that). If you meet the kid but wait to play the dad role until you and the mom are a serious thing, then that's probably the best way to do it, IMO. If you never meet the kid and she just wants to use you as a booty call, then that's up to you if you want to be "used" that way.

xstang77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@xstang77, it's too bad you had a bad experience with single mom. I don't know what went on between you two, so I can't really comment on it. However, if you look back at my post, I said nothing about meeting the kid. That's not what I'm referring to. For example, I "dated" a single mom for almost six months and never met her kid. It just never came up, our relationship was about having fun and banging, and that's about it. That's what I mean by escape. I know a lot of guys have a strict no single moms policy, that's fine, however, I'm just telling you my experience with single moms, and I've never once really had a bad one in the way you're referring to. If you ever find yourself going down that route, it's really up to YOU on where you want to take the relationship. If you get close to the kid in order to try to keep her then that one's on you (not saying you did that). If you meet the kid but wait to play the dad role until you and the mom are a serious thing, then that's probably the best way to do it, IMO. If you never meet the kid and she just wants to use you as a booty call, then that's up to you if you want to be "used" that way.
Yea It wasn't directed at you man, just in general, if you just agree ahead of time your gonna just be bed buddies or you have that attitude going in then it's fine, otherwise I've seen them use a relationship as just that "an escape" but if you go in with ltr intentions and get close with the kid in the
Meantime then she does a 180 it royally sucks man.otherwise I think single moms are good plate material, most will bang and care for you like there trying to lock you down.

Last edited: