Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating or work?

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you always put yourself out there with women even if you weren't financially well off? I'm 32 years old and unfortunately I don't have a permanent job, for a while I dated girls despite the situation but now I'm more focused on getting in shape financially. What do you think about it? Maybe I'm worrying too much and should get back in the game and take life a little easier?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I don't really understand why people think they have to make some decisions where it is one or the other. These are not two mutually exclusive options.

It's not like a light switch where it either has to be on or off and there is no other option.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really understand why people think they have to make some decisions where it is one or the other. These are not two mutually exclusive options.

It's not like a light switch where it either has to be on or off and there is no other option.
I think guys come to this website looking for a flowchart they can follow, in almost autist fashion. Doing calculated tasks in order, like a video game, to advance through life. Though when you look at the most successful men, they do their own thing and take risks.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Because dating can be expensive and time consuming for men. I’ve dated while broke before and it was stressful having to constantly check your bank account balance and dating simultaneously. Plus to get the cheapest date possible, that required more timing and inconvenience to plan vs I can just tell a girl to come to this spot at 8pm after I’ve gotten everything done for the day.

Roosh had a great article that covered this subject.
It’s true, you can date while being an unemployed bum, but the quality of your girls will tank. Don’t be shocked if you end up with issues later on stemming from some ghetto chick you screwed.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can date while being an unemployed bum, but the quality of your girls will tank. Don’t be shocked if you end up with issues later on stemming from some ghetto chick you screwed.
Roosh wrote this article in March 2011. At the time, Roosh was a 31 year old former microbiologist turn sex/dating content creator. At that point in life, Roosh was living to have sex.

Let's also consider the broader economic picture of that time. In March 2011, US unemployment was 9%, In January 2008, US unemployment was 5%. January 2008 unemployment levels were not seen again until September 2014. The late 2000s/early 2010s were recessionary conditions.

Since March 2011, I have been unemployed twice. Both stints of unemployment were short.

The more recent stint of unemployment was in 2020, when I was among the first of the pandemic layoffs. It was difficult to game when everything was shut down and everyone was panicking in Spring-Summer 2020. Outdoor game was the only option.

I had one other stint of unemployment under normal conditions in the 2010s. That was the best case study of applying the tenets of Roosh's article. By that point in time, I had already read Roosh's article about getting laid while unemployed.

I found it difficult during that short stint of unemployment to tell women that I was unemployed. Roosh's article about getting laid while unemployed seemed easy in principle but difficult to execute in practice.

A man needs a job first and foremost. For unemployed men, a job search is going to be a bigger priority than getting laid.

Why would a woman keep an unemployed man around? Most women have vaginas that are massively in demand, even single moms. Most men who find themselves unemployed will lose their romantic relationships during their unemployment period unless they are tattooed dirtbags whose SMV is not at all tied to their employment status. This is part of what @CornbreadFed was referring to with quality dropoffs during unemployment. The typical white collar guy gets fuccked over while he's unemployed. The typical woman who tends to date white collar men has no use for an unemployed white collar man. Once the white collar man returns to the workforce, he can continue with his attraction-seduction.

Unemployment is a major risk factor in losing a girlfriend and it's not a good position for impressing new women. It's not easy to get laid while unemployed, despite former PUA Roosh's legendary article on getting laid while unemployed.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Play in the stock market for a side hustle.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From Roosh....

It still boggles my mind how girls simply don’t care what a man’s situation is as long as she’s attracted to him. A lot of haters want to say something like, “Oh well, you only bang the trashy or low-quality girls.” My friends VK and Rookie are witness to some of the gems that got ****ed on the floor mattress of my basement room, which you can personally tour in this video. They range in age from 21-32, of differing races, socioeconomic backgrounds, and even nationality. The epitome of dad’s basement game was when a wealthy girl drove me home in her BMW X5 and then loved the floor mattress so much that she wouldn’t stop bugging me afterwards with a barrage of text message
Roosh didn't seem to experience a quality decline when he was banging a ~30 year old DC-area careerist gal with a BMW X5.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So how did the women you've dated while being unemployed responded ?

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
So how did the women you've dated while being unemployed responded ?
I don't want to blame work because maybe there could have been other reasons, but for example a woman I had sex with 3 times last year, dumped me just when I had finished my summer job.

Another one I met while I was unemployed, resisted just before having sex for the first time, we were naked in my bed and she didn't feel like it and we never saw each other again.

I'm 32, and these 2 were 52 and 39 respectively years.

Perhaps older women expect more. I think that in general having a job as well as giving you financial resources also gives you more security.

I definitely had more success with women when I had a job.

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you make your move on them, or did they make their move on you?
As for the 52-year-old woman I met when I worked at the boat rental, she rented a boat with her friends and she started showing interest by flirting with me, saying phrases like come with us, she was clearly into me

, and in fact I wrote her a message the same evening and after a few messages I invited her directly to my house the following evening, she liked me a lot

The other 39 years old works at the reception of my gym, I exchanged a few words, one day I added her on instagram and if I remember correctly I commented on an instagram story, from there we exchanged a few messages and I invited her for a drink,

we went for a drink and kissed at the end of the evening and then the appointment after inviting her directly to my house but then it ended as written before

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys, thanks for exposing your opinions, I partially agree with what you say,

but maybe it's me who has to divide these 2 aspects in the sense that personally I don't feel satisfied, I'm over 30 and it's important to get busy from an economic point of view,

actually one thing does not exclude the other.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 32. I was slaying more tail and had it on tap when I was broke on ends meet scrapin by.
I was driving a bucket during that time.
Nothing was tanking my confidence.
I was slithering on some primal survival of the fittest not giving a fvck octane and I think girls picked up on the scent.I don’t know.
I’m self-employed now with stability and its been a rough market
After the pandemic specifically this year, I been navigating on some dark murky waters with women. Girls that work a full time are next to impossible to date etc

real talk, unemployed or not, if you don’t got the juice along with the strong pimp hand to put a collar on it then you pulling double zeros with women.

Last edited:

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to add one thing, I'm on this forum recently and I'm happy to be here, I'm finding the motivation,

as I mentioned in my previous post I stumbled across too many redpill videos and this was bad, people like andrew tate who in part I respect they have led me to be more scarce with women,

unfortunately instagram is full of these videos and they have led me on the wrong path

I will try to go back to how I was before or more careless, if I start listening to redpills I will never get to sex