Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating a girl with anxiety

Johnathon Kristian

Reaction score
Dating a girl with anxiety and she is not use to people working through that disorder so she continually tries to push me away. Basically told me that the attention im giving her is making her fearful. We stopped talking the day before her birthday. Should I wait a while and continue to pursue her? If so how?

xstang77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guess it depends on the whole
Dynamic of you guys,when my Ex would have them I found it be best and let her know I was there for her and let her be alone in another room till it passed like she wanted,however in my experience it's not something that lasts for days...maybe an hour tops so she may just be playing games with you.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you can spend 6-8 years getting your degree as a shrink, or you can find a normal girl. It's not your job to "fix" women unless you are a shrink.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So she's not an attention seeking narcissist? Seems pretty ideal to me bro.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating a girl with anxiety and she is not use to people working through that disorder so she continually tries to push me away. Basically told me that the attention im giving her is making her fearful. We stopped talking the day before her birthday. Should I wait a while and continue to pursue her? If so how?
Give her the space to pursue you... assuming you're a catch.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't just anxiety you are dealing with. By what you have said tells me there is likely some cluster B there. I wouldn't take this on. When you are put in the position of the therapist it takes away from your relationship.

But if you must take this one here is what you will need to do:
-Set boundaries
-Don't Judge
-Don't get Frustrated
-Steer her mind elsewhere when you see it start happening
-Offer positive reinforcement
-She shouldn't drink alcohol
-She needs to exercise/workout
-She should Eat Right
-After an attack when they have calmed down and can talk rationally, help them sort out fact/fiction so they realize what is happening and can better ride the brake next time.
-Teach them to let you know when they get into an anxiety prone situation and urge them to let you know when its coming on so you can remove yourselves from such situations.

I was in a 5yr relationship with a girl that had anxiety. At times when we would go out to a crowded bar, she would feel her anxiety coming on. We eventually got to a point where she felt comfortable telling me and we would simply leave. Her not telling me, and us staying there always resulted in drama.

Her trying to push you away because she fears you getting close is not just anxiety....

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP,

If any woman tells you she has a disorder like anxiety, depression, etc, why would you willingly take that on ?

And she told you that she's "fearful" of the attention you're giving her? Step back for a moment and think about that statement...

I would walk away and not look back. You should too. If you don't, you'll probably wind up regretting it.

-Augustus-

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Copulate with a normal person. Save yourself the hassle.

The sheep with the sheep. The lion with his pack.

purple haze

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this, but the girl is not interested; she's using "anxiety" as an excuse.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anxiety is a normal human emotion. Think: stress/fear

Be anxious for nothing, but...

To make it into some special condition would be inappropriate, categorically speaking.

It's a weakness, and one females fall into easily.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wifehunter- a certain degree of anxiety is normal, but at some point it goes beyond and it actually is categorized as a mental condition/disorder. Most have a difficult time controlling it and wish they could. It is not simply a weakness that only females fall into.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wifehunter- a certain degree of anxiety is normal, but at some point it goes beyond and it actually is categorized as a mental condition/disorder. Most have a difficult time controlling it and wish they could. It is not simply a weakness that only females fall into.
What you're speaking of, I would call a nervous breakdown... maybe that would be the extreme form of the condition. I DO see your point, though! Thanks!

Funny, I spent all day yesterday working with people with downs syndrome and other mental disorders/disabilities (maybe autism)... I had a good time, most of them are a joy to be around. This girl (30's) with a mental disability took a liking to me, and this older lady (60's) with downs couldn't keep her hands off me. I had a blast! Their positive attitudes and playfulness are good reminder of what is important in this life.

Johnathon Kristian

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this, but the girl is not interested; she's using "anxiety" as an excuse.
actually one of the first things I over heard her say within our conversation the first day we met was how certain things give her anxiety.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh sounds like plenty of my exs. I swear to god it's AWALT.

I just saw a new 1 on FB that I've never really heard of. Night terrors? Something weird were you are half awake half asleep but you are paralyzed. And while all this is happening there is a ghostly shawdow over you. Some have been sexually abused and or touched. Jesus H
99% of the comments were ALL woman that have experienced this. Just a bunch of nut cases if you ask me.