The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.
Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.
Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
And later during the evening you can go overkill and yell "Donkey Punch GO!" when you are about to come. (Assuming you know what Donkey Punch is).Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
Listen to Bond... When talking about going out on a date don't be fumbling or defensive in your quest... Don't go "Would you like to do something someday" or simular say "Lets do" or "Lets go" or "I'm taking you out" or whatever...
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
You have a couple of things going wrong here:Originally posted by gnin
Is this a good way to ask a girl out: "Do you want to see a movie with me this weekend? I haven't seen one in a while, and I'd like to go with someone." If this sucks or is too pedestrian, what should I change?
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
If shes not intereted she will decline it.Originally posted by gnin
Alrights, if a movie is bad, and shopping is lame, what are some good ideas (that are cheap and not too time consuming)? Also, why is it such a good idea to "tell" her rather than "ask" her out? It seems pointless to force a date on someone who isn't gneuinely interersted in me.
Ehh dude, what has shopping on MY interests got to do with being a chump and putting her on a pedestal! Do you put a chick on a pedestal when you want to buy some sports supplements or a new pair of pants for yourself? I aint talking about buying her ****, Im talking about going shopping because your ALREADY going shopping to BUY stuff for YOURSELF, shes just tagging along with you to keep company and enjoy YOUR company in the process window shopping herself.Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Pua_Guy I was with you all the way until your last sentence where you said "go shopping". Are you 15 years old? Why would you do something so 'chumpish' as shopping? You are already putting her on a pedestal on the first date!
I know you are not a man, because men don't do 'shopping' on a date, let alone the first one, hell let alone with their wives!![]()
Mainstream movies are lame on first meet, you can hire a DVD at your place or go to some international cinema with her where shes never been, thats cool!Originally posted by gnin
Alrights, if a movie is bad, and shopping is lame, what are some good ideas (that are cheap and not too time consuming)? Also, why is it such a good idea to "tell" her rather than "ask" her out? It seems pointless to force a date on someone who isn't gneuinely interersted in me.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.