"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Damn those cell phones

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
This is not the first time this happens but today it really pissed me off. Basicly today our elevators (in my dorm on campus) work retardedly and if you call them up from downstairs they come up but the door never opens. So I casually walk up to them seeing 4 girls standing there cursing at the elevator for not opening. 3 were ok looking, but the 4th one was hot. So I ask them what the problem is and they explain it to me. As soon as they explain the problem to me I realize that since calling it up won't work, maybe calling it down might. I did just that, and the 3 not hot girls decided to use the stairs. Sure enough, right after they left the elevator opened its doors. I used this as a topic to start a conversation with the hot girl, but as we started talking her cell phone started ringing. So she picks it up and starts talking. Before I know it, it's my floor and I have to leave. I need to freaking get one of those devices that disable all cell phones in the area in a portable form.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Take her phone, smash it on the floor and jump on it.
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
First of all I don't see how disabling a cell phone is wussy. Wussy is being too afraid to start a convo, and cell phones prevent convos as in above example, so it's quite the contrary of wussiness. Second, most of the hospitals use cell phone disabling devices, so they are NOT illegal. And third of all, even if they were, a lot of stuff is illegal, but people still do it.
 

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Dude, it's just a simple fact of life. Cell phones will ring at some of the worst times......Murphy's law if you will ;)

Just poor timing, it's not like it's your fault.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
First of all I don't see how disabling a cell phone is wussy.
Wussy is manipulating the enviroment around you at the expense of others, which includes messing with other peoples cell phones without them knowing.

I am sure that there are woman out there that will not let something so simple as a cell phone call interfere with her chances of seeing Mr. Availableandhot.
 

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
lmao same thing happened to me! except the call was for me, i shoulda rejected it.. but i always think phone calls might be "emergencies".. turns out it was nothing, and i missed the HB.
 
Top