Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

cutting off someone mid sentence, is it extremely rude? Or am I overly sensetive?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When someone cuts me off mid sentence I get extremely annoyed.. It gets under my skin like nothing else and I've had SEVERAL physical confrontations over this.. it not only says non verbally that "I don't give a fu@k what your saying", it also says I don't respect you enough to pretend I do.

Am I a-hole for calling people out on this or is it as disrespectful as I believe it to be..
I'm talking about when your telling a story or expressing an opinion and someone cuts you off and COMPLETELY changes the subject..

Waking Up

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's gonna happen in groups inevitably. I usually just accept it and keep talking anyway. Getting cut off is common in group situations. If it's 1 on 1 though, that sucks.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I'm in a good mood I talk to every solo chick I see. No groups, no ipod chicks or chicks on phones..
But I never go out with the intention of meeting a chick..
Just playfully flirt with all girls.. I.e
I may see a chick walking with some mcd's with some fries..
Ill b like.. "can I have a fry"? If she smiles or giggles I walk with her..if she gives me the about to barf look I don't bother..
I don't do night game cause well.. it sucks.. I hate talking over music, etc..
Hope this helps..
P.s what state you in?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
Am I a-hole for calling people out on this or is it as disrespectful as I believe it to be..
I'm talking about when your telling a story or expressing an opinion and someone cuts you off and COMPLETELY changes the subject..
No not an A-hole, maybe a bit uptight.

If this tends to happen to you often , have you ever thought that maybe your stories are boring or you are unable to captivate an audience for very long?!

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm, perhaps. It doesn't happen too often..
But perhaps I should read about telling better stories..
Got a link on the topic damage?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
Hm, perhaps. It doesn't happen too often..
But perhaps I should read about telling better stories..
Got a link on the topic damage?
Its often not about telling better stories but how you project yourself when you are telling the stories (good and interesting stories come from being ballsy and thus gaining interesting experiences that the average person does not experience).

Having a good Charisma is a start:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1222502

imgonnamakeit

Banned
Reaction score
My next door neighbor always cuts me off mid sentence. I'm Russian, and he's Cuban, I was going to tell him we don't do this type of sh1t in Russia, maybe they do it over there in the jungle where you from, but not where I'm from, babba. But I bet he wouldn't talk to me at all after that one.

When I begin to start having something interesting to say, I'm gonna have to put him into his place.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have a socially clueless coworker who will burst in on conversations and change the topic, or cut you off in midsentence...he's so clueless that he's been called out several times and still does it. Nobody speaks to him anymore. When he starts talking people just walk away. It is plain rude and no there is nothing wrong with calling out a person on it, its all in how you do it. You can do it from a position of power, or you can throw a tantrum like a little kid. The choice is yours. I tend to snidely look down on the person and comment on their actions as if they weren't even there while addressing the rest of the group. "This guy is a charmer, look at the way he just interrupted our conversation, class act!" and then continue talking as if he never stepped up.

kingman

Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
Yes people views you as an ******* if you do this a lot. And you are overly sensitive.

If you are telling a long story with boring details who has nothing to do with the story, and you are using long time talking about stupid details who has nothing to do with the point, people are getting bored and will probably cut you off. I think it is extremely frustrating hearing a story that has no end , and I will cut people off if they are talking and talking and never coming to the finish line.

If you want people interested, stay to the point.

In groups people will cut people off, if it is one person who is talking to much.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1.I purposely always say less than neccissary so I'm not in the talk too much category..
2. I'm not boring.

prairiedog24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cutting somebody off is rude. Getting into a "physical confrontation" over it is even ruder and EXTREMELY A-hole-ish.

Lighten up dude. Some people just grow up in families where everyone talks all the time. It doesn't make it not impolite, but it's hardly the end of the world.

Last edited:

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually the physical confrontation comes like this
Cola: dude you just cut me off while I was talking, that's disrespectful
Dude: man **** you, what you gonna do?
Cola: -punches guy-

I don't like being challenged.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest you get over your not liking being challenged, because sooner or later you'll either slug the wrong person and have your ass handed to you, or you'll end up charged with assault.

On top of that, you're severely overreacting. It's not worth possibly hurting someone or getting hurt yourself just because you're a bit offended. Tell the person that you don't appreciate what they're doing and if they don't stop, just let it go.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:

Dude this is the way to go.

Seriously, don't listen to DJDamage who immediately turns the situation into a problem with YOU.

FVCK THAT SH1T MAN!!

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH US. It's that RUDE FVCK you are hanging with that has the problem.

Do not make the problem about yourself if you are NOT the problem.

Rude people are EVERYWHERE. While I think FIGHTING THEM is going too far,:box: I think you need to shut them down verbally more and make them seem really immature and stupid for not knowing such fvckin COMMON social courtesy behavior.

Embarass them like "didn't your mom ever tell you not to interrupt people? Seriously dude, or was she too busy blowing the neighbors to talk to you? You stupid fvck, don't ever interuppt me again. I'm tired of this sh1t happening over and over. Do you understand numbnuts? Learn some manners."

While people will be cold to you for a while, people like you and me gotta earn our respect OR drop those douchebags and find better people to hang with.

But you know what? It's better to be feared (and respected) than loved (and seen as a pvssy pushover).

Ideally it is better to be feared AND loved, but if you gotta choose, I choose to live with respect. I do not need the approval (aka loved) by those fvckin low quality disrespectful fvcks.

prairiedog24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
And I don't like bullies. If I saw this happen I'd have to make a quick decision about whether the other guy's life was in danger (and a punch in the face can kill, despite what the movies imply), and if so I'd have a .380 stuck in your face and the police on the phone.

And in two more years, I'll give the other guy my card, which will say "Prairiedog, District Attorney" and then you'll find out what a interruption to life is. :wave:

I can't believe you think "not liking being challenged" is a reason to punch someone. You have issues dude.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, instead of letting it escalate so much, you may try something like saying:

you: blah blah blah
him: interrupts:
you: shut the fvck up dude i'm not done.

then continue what you were saying.

he will probably sit there with a look of shock and you keep going. People will learn fast they don't want to be on the receiving end of a "shut the **** up" and they will wait patiently.

Say it aggressively like a split second after he starts up and make your voice boom over his.

And if they get pissed i usually say, "WHOA WHOA DUDE YOUR'E OVER REACTING MAN LEARN TO TAKE A JOOOOOKE HAHA DUDE CHILL ITS A FVCKIN JOKE."

then keep doing the "shut the **** up" when you need to

ila

Reaction score
cola said:

That's funny, sometimes I feel like doing that. The problem is that you end up being more disrespectful (usually in the eyes of others) than the guy you hit.