cure laziness

Doe Boii

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanna bulk up ALOT, because right now i am very skinny. at 15 i am 5'2 90 some odd lbs. I am short and skinny but i do have natural good looks...but what i really want to put on weight and get swoll.

thing is i am very lazy, and forgetfull and the nutrients and all that are very hard work, and it confuses me. i tried just eating alot and working out but i keep forgetting when to work out and dont know if it is enough and coming up with excuses (to myself) i now have some small weights (Hand held) and would REALLY like to get down and stop bulls******g. PLEASE HELP b-cuz im tired of girls callin me "shorty" and "skinny" and things like that it messes with my alright game.

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
at 15 you sh0uld DEFINATELY not overdoe things because you are still growning you can really **** up your future muscle growth and growth spurts. im no expert but definately seek pro advice before doing things because we dont stop fully growing until 22yrs old natural things like boxing and sprinting can also improve your muscles without the risk of damaging anything

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to ignore the above advice (no one has ever stunted his growth with weightlifting, it's an old wives' tale, and if you start waiting now you'll wait forever), and go with this:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110033

also check out this:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98203

Neither of these will cure laziness. Only you can fix that. And you need a real gym -- at your high school, or a friend's, or something else. You need to find big weights to bench, squat, and deadlift with.

You need to start slow and practice the form for these big compound lifts, and recognize that most of your progress (if any) will come from eating & sleeping well, once you're lifting hard and heavy (which is much easier to get right).

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duh.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dj ben2 said:
lol personal trainers are full of **** then
Personal trainers are for middle aged fat women on atkins who want to lose 15 lbs so they can still look fat in their bathing suit on their cruise to the bahama's.

Hopefully puberty hasn't found you yet. Once it does you WILL grow. Unfortunately getting big takes a lot of persistant dedication and a fair amount of sacrifice, which isn't exactly great for those who are forgetful and lazy. Although if you want it enough than maybe you can push through your laziness and eventually have the body you want. But it wont be easy!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a cure for laziness. A good kick in the ass.

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanjovi said:
Personal trainers are for middle aged fat women on atkins who want to lose 15 lbs so they can still look fat in their bathing suit on their cruise to the bahama's.

Hopefully puberty hasn't found you yet. Once it does you WILL grow. Unfortunately getting big takes a lot of persistant dedication and a fair amount of sacrifice, which isn't exactly great for those who are forgetful and lazy. Although if you want it enough than maybe you can push through your laziness and eventually have the body you want. But it wont be easy!
not so personal trainers are more for showing you correct ways to do exercises and such without injuring yourself. also im naturally big my dad is 6"2 my grandad is 6"3 theyre both built even the old timer my problem is im fat

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Personal trainers often don't include squats or deadlifts in workouts. They have you do sissy exercises and such because they "look good" and don't really cause a whole lot of muscle fatigue. Look at a personal trainer. Look at the things they make you do, look at the routines they put together. Then look at your average hardcore lifter.

Get the difference?

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mayb u had some bad personal trainers mine made me do squats and bench and a few other BORING ones beforei EVENTUALLY got to the ones that look good. i think u had some bad luck there lol

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dj ben2 said:
not so personal trainers are more for showing you correct ways to do exercises and such without injuring yourself. also im naturally big my dad is 6"2 my grandad is 6"3 theyre both built even the old timer my problem is im fat
What the hell are you doing asking us for advice, then? If your old men are such fine strapping hunks of man-meat, why don't you ask them how they do / did it? You've got their genetics, why aren't you 6'5" and built? A little bit of patience and a lot of effort are probably all you need.

If you know so much about personal trainers, hire one. Let us know how that goes for ya.

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
What the hell are you doing asking us for advice, then? If your old men are such fine strapping hunks of man-meat, why don't you ask them how they do / did it? You've got their genetics, why aren't you 6'5" and built? A little bit of patience and a lot of effort are probably all you need.

If you know so much about personal trainers, hire one. Let us know how that goes for ya.
dont tell me what to do i have had a personal trainer once but their just to expensive as for my dad and grandpa i fu<king hate the ****s

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He wasn't telling you what to do. You know what DJ Ben, you seem very quick to jump the trigger. People try discussing things with you and you just start getting an attitude. You seem to be hell bent on "what i think is right, you're wrong", then why even ask questions if you don't want to hear peoples opinions?

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:

that wasnt discussion it was criticism

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, it was a series of intentionally insulting rhetorical questions. but that's nitpicking.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should do you own research before deciding to lift or not , this is risky to leave to a buncha guys on the internet. You still have a good 6 years to grow.

One thing you can do is look at some of the people who started lifting before they were fully grown height wise, and see if their short or not.

Teenagers do go though huge growth spurts when they get physical exersice. I've exeperianced this for myself. I would reccomend track 'n' field and wrestling.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:

he wasn't the one asking for advice

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good way to test a personal trainer: ask em what they think about squats and deadlifts.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fo sho