creatine routine

texmex23

Don Juan
Reaction score
When taking creatine , can workout everyday or do i have to rest inbetween workouts? If i should rest in between workouts, do i still take creatine on those days? And when is it best to take it, after or before workouts?

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unsure fo this as well.
and do you drink that one-gallon of water a day on creatine-use days only, or every-****ing-day?

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
the more water the better

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you will get a lot of different opinions about the specifics of creatine use, but i can say this pretty conclusively:

first, creatine isnt going to increase your recovery to the extent you can increase your workouts to everyday. stick to your routine now

dont bother taking creatine on off days. i have been very successful with just taking it on training days

drink that one gallon of water every day. its not that much, and its very good for you.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine doesn't improve recovery, it just makes it possible to transform ADP to ATP faster.

I take creatine on everyday but if I skip a day once in a while I don't suffer from it.

Take it after the workouts with your fast carbs. They help the creatine to be absorbed by the body.

aolsuxs

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always felt good and I can see the reasons for taking it pre workout as I get a really good pump and feel more energized during my workouts, however what is teh cause for taking it after? As everyone mentioned, it so you can get more energy during your power, so whats the point in having that after your workout? I just take creatine before and some glut and whey shake post work.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine is much better absorbed if eaten with fast carbs. The structural layout off creatine resembles that off amino acids and it's absorbed by the use of insuline, which is why it should be eaten in the after workout shake.

Another thing about creatine is that it cannot be absorbed quick enough before workout to have any effect.

texmex23

Don Juan
Reaction score
what are some fast cab foods? like breads and pastas. I also heard that its best to wait an hour after you take the creatine(after workout) to eat foods with high protein because this slows down the process of absorption of the creatine. I wanted to know if this is true.