Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Counting/Estimating Calories is Life Changing

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this should probably go without saying, but the difference that counting your calories makes is actually insane.

When I saw how much food I really needed to eat, versus how much I was eating in the past, it’s no wonder my weight used to be an issue:lol:

I’ve also found that forcing myself to track or estimate something before eating it also helped stop those late night binges because it forces you to be accountable. You’re not going to go to Cookout and binge at 2 AM if you see that meal is nearly 2,000 calories and you have to plug it in MyFitnessPal. You’re not going to have 10 drinks at the bar when you see how easily they push you over your calories.

It’s been integral with my weight loss. I noticed that when I started thinking about how easily I’ve been driving right by the fast food places now because “No, it doesn’t fit into my macros.”

Just wanted to share this “common sense” tip. I think that tracking calories is key when trying to build an aesthetic physique. Track your calories!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never count calories. I found counting carbs to be much easier. If I want to quickly lean out I just cut carbs from lunch and dinner. It works so fast it is incredible.

If I want to bulk up a bit I just add those carbs back in according to activity level.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never count calories. I found counting carbs to be much easier. If I want to quickly lean out I just cut carbs from lunch and dinner. It works so fast it is incredible.

If I want to bulk up a bit I just add those carbs back in according to activity level.
I’d still consider that tracking macros/tracking calories. The main idea being you’re just cognizant of what you’re putting in your body instead of eating “intuitively” and then blowing it lol

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’d still consider that tracking macros/tracking calories. The main idea being you’re just cognizant of what you’re putting in your body instead of eating “intuitively” and then blowing it lol
I use an app called simple macro that works really well. Tracking will train you to eat properly. The biggest improvement physically came after I got my diet straight.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Also I meant to ask, would you consider what you’re doing a “keto” diet when you’re losing the weight?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use an app called simple macro that works really well. Tracking will train you to eat properly. The biggest improvement physically came after I got my diet straight.
Honestly… gotta have a decent diet to get the body you want. For sure.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also I meant to ask, would you consider what you’re doing a “keto” diet when you’re losing the weight?
If you ever decide to do keto, I'd get a blood meter. It's hard to tell when you're in ketosis or not just by feels. The pee sticks aren't accurate enough. I did keto for over a year, and started with the pee sticks, then got a blood meter. It's more finicky than you'd think. I lost just as much weight doing keto as I did doing what you're doing now... Counting calories, and IF.

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn’t change a lot for me even when I was religious about it and my workouts. I guess guys underestimate how much difference hormones and other factors make. As soon as you mention that you’re a whiner but it’s just the truth. I know guys that eat any **** they want and don’t workout as hard and consistent as I did. They got way better results in a shorter time. And no those guys didn’t secretly track their calories or some bs. They were drunk every weekend and ate **** at McDonald’s.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ever decide to do keto, I'd get a blood meter. It's hard to tell when you're in ketosis or not just by feels. The pee sticks aren't accurate enough. I did keto for over a year, and started with the pee sticks, then got a blood meter. It's more finicky than you'd think. I lost just as much weight doing keto as I did doing what you're doing now... Counting calories, and IF.
Yeah, I could never stick to a keto diet. Too many foods that I like in my diet with carbs. I couldn’t diet without my high protein Mac and Cheese lol. I would die. A lot of sauces, the key to eating lots of chicken breast, have carbs in them too.

But some days I do eat very low carb. I can see how the keto diet would keep you full. Protein + Fat fills you up, very satiating.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn’t change a lot for me even when I was religious about it and my workouts. I guess guys underestimate how much difference hormones and other factors make. As soon as you mention that you’re a whiner but it’s just the truth. I know guys that eat any **** they want and don’t workout as hard and consistent as I did. They got way better results in a shorter time. And no those guys didn’t secretly track their calories or some bs. They were drunk every weekend and ate **** at McDonald’s.
Some people just have really fast metabolisms that will burn off all of the bullsh*t they are eating and drinking tbh. We weren’t blessed with that so we have to track calories to avoid being obese.

But it’s a blessing and a curse for them. For people like that, it’s usually a nightmare trying to gain muscle because their metabolism is so fast.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had really good success with this in the past when trying to get rid of stubborn belly fat. Someone who has never done it really doesn't know what a proper amount of food looks like.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They were likely on steroids.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had really good success with this in the past when trying to get rid of stubborn belly fat. Someone who has never done it really doesn't know what a proper amount of food looks like.
Intermittent Fasting really helps with that too, so you don’t have to eat those sh*tty tiny little meals

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They were likely on steroids.
How common do you think that is?

I was under the impression that you needed to eat at least semi-decently to get gainz, even on the Juicy Juice lol. For instance, if you’re just not eating protein(like a lot of Americans) then the muscle can’t be built, yeah?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using just the simple memo pad on my phone and estimating calories. And now I see that I actually eat excessive amounts of calories even though I thought I wasn't.

For me, the memo pad on my phone is much easier to stick with compared to apps like MyFitnessPal.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using just the simple memo pad on my phone and estimating calories. And now I see that I actually eat excessive amounts of calories even though I thought I wasn't.

For me, the memo pad on my phone is much easier to stick with compared to apps like MyFitnessPal.
Yeah, I was shocked by how much I was actually eating too.

Intermittent Fasting, eating one or two big meals a day that were tracked really helped me stop the overeating. I still got to eat the big meals that I enjoyed, but I wouldn’t be like 1000 calories over every day lol.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of sauces, the key to eating lots of chicken breast, have carbs in them too.
Use hot sauces from scotch bonnet peppers with chicken and veg, low calories/carb and scotch bonnet has lots of health benefits. I like hot and peppery though it’s not for everyone.