Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Corona makes me realize a lot of men are really pvssies

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Ohso-Phresh willfully ignorant? This doctor and the other doctors in my family including an epidemiologist have actually worked in third world countries on disease outbreaks with diseases that have higher mortality rates than this virus. If they tell me that it's no big deal I am going to take their word over the stupid cvnts in the media. The doctors in my family have forgotten more about medicine then you and the retards in the media. By the way the U.S. population is in the hundreds of millions and so far we haven't hit 200 deaths. Yeah looking at those numbers it's definitely time to panic.
I do my own research and will only begrudging , after a rational and logical progression of understanding, assign authorship or authority to anyone.

Time will tell. Let’s revisit in a month.

If I’m in error, I’ll admit it.

However data is data and the evidence is mounting. My bet is that your post will not age well.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
watch these back-to-back from worst case
to best case

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I tend to believe is the media exaggerating this thing a little bit, just to make the people scared so they adhere to the social distancing implied by the government.
I absolutely believe this is true.

Me: I'm doing good. So what are you looking for on here?
Girl: Just friends
Some guys freak out or get butt hurt when they hear the "friends" word, but as you can see here sometimes it just means she isn't looking for anything serious.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Visionist Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world, I believe they have the second oldest on top of that the Europeans smoke like there's no tomorrow. And the sprinkles on top of the cupcake of death is the socialized health care system. Add this together and you get an abnormally high death rate. By the way in case you haven't heard they have found out that a malaria drug that has been around for decades is incredibly effective in treating this virus. We will see how my posts age.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From observation, I'd swear that the above 'findings' are not factual, and actually the opposite.
The 1970's era was probably the last era when *more* men were actually "men."
Over the past 40 years, masculinity has been on the decline (and so has tobacco use) . This is not to say that tobacco increased testosterone. However, with tobacco use and attitudes being on the decline since the mid 60's and forward, I think it's safe to say that the decline of tobacco consumption has not produced an increase in typical male masculine behavior.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
From observation, I'd swear that the above 'findings' are not factual, and actually the opposite.
The 1970's era was probably the last era when *more* men were actually "men."
Over the past 40 years, masculinity has been on the decline (and so has tobacco use) . This is not to say that tobacco increased testosterone. However, with tobacco use and attitudes being on the decline since the mid 60's and forward, I think it's safe to say that the decline of tobacco consumption has not produced an increase in typical male masculine behavior.
Possibly, but there are several studies stating similar findings. I am not a smoker, but dudes who smoked in the past may had shown more masculine tendencies than non-smokers. Not sure. They did stink though.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is but a taste of what awaits anybody still calling this a common cold.

That initially comical, all-too-soon soul-crushing squeak of respirators is patient's last memory before they die. If they're lucky, they might get to dial home and gasp out a few words of goodbye to their families.

This virus ATTACKS your lungs, choking you to death.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm one of them though as I'm still too scared to simply show my intent with girls, it's getting better though.

But the reason I think this is because most people are so scared now. Men who I thought had their stuff together, have been freaking out and saying stuff like "this is never gonna end, we're doomed".

I don't get it, this time next year everyone will be in the same rut again. All will be fine in the end, and even if I get the virus and would die, so be it. But I'm actually having a great time. My country is on a partial lockdown, we can still go out if we want but social encounters with more than 3 people are forbidden. So I thought today I'd go on a road trip since the weather was very nice and there's barely any traffic. Put on some music, rolled down the windows and cruised a long. At lights you could tell people were looking at me and thinking "how can he be enjoying himself, the world is on the brink of destruction, we're all gonna die", and I freaking loved it.

Realized as well a lot of people are very selfish. And in a sense I get it, if there is no food, I'll fight and kill to provide for my family as well. But there is no need now, yet so many people are literally buying the shops empty because they're scared. Fine it's a primal instinct, but they just don't get it.

I do realize I do feel kinda good now because I'm a slight introvert, but I do hope the coming days can make me realize I can be this as well when everything is normal again.
get your testosterone checked.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Visionist Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world, I believe they have the second oldest on top of that the Europeans smoke like there's no tomorrow. And the sprinkles on top of the cupcake of death is the socialized health care system. Add this together and you get an abnormally high death rate. By the way in case you haven't heard they have found out that a malaria drug that has been around for decades is incredibly effective in treating this virus. We will see how my posts age.
no. no its not. it slows down the virus but it's not a cure.

there's reports that young people are effected. all seem to recover.

hard times make strong men.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the virus exists in warm climate areas like malaysia which has had 90+ degree weather with about 60% humidity.

this whole exercise is meant to 'flatten the curve' so the hospitals aren't flooded and people get the care they need.

yes, we could just let the virus burn through but at the cost of 4 million people in the US in a few months?

Americans make up 4.4% of the world's population. If we extrapolate these numbers to the rest of the world (warning: MOE is high here), this gives us 90 million deaths globally from COVID-19, in 3-6 months. 15 Holocausts. 1.5 times as many people as died in all of World War II.
I'm cynical and I still think it's overkill.

wwas discussing with a DJ who pointed out a global quarantine for a virus that kills the leleast productive in society. Another report says China jailed doctors and scientists that warned how bad it was back in November. China gonna China.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Young people are dying too, if only a small fraction of total deaths. If you have no other existing health issues (and who can boast that privilege?) your chances of death are very small - for now.

The virus is still getting warmed up across the globe. It's new. It's unpredictable.

It could mutate.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

wwas discussing with a DJ who pointed out a global quarantine for a virus that kills the leleast productive in society. Another report says China jailed doctors and scientists that warned how bad it was back in November. China gonna China.
Just push grandma off a cliff, right?

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course it's trendy not to care about the plight of the elderly. Out of sight, out of mind to most westerners.

Italy is different. Multiple generations of the same family often share a home. People respect their elders and cherish the opportunity to take care of their parents.

My grandmother was a rare exception, being both infirm and weak and violent and uncontrollable in her eighties, and dying in a local nursing home a couple years ago. It was a squallid place, and the owner manager was a pig, an oaf, a wänker. We wanted my grandmother out of there but couldn't afford to send her elsewhere. The place already charged more than the average monthly wage around here.

Italians see nursing homes as shameful places to abandon one's parents. We had no choice if we were to live anything approaching normal productive lives. In the event my mother would spend all day, every day at my grandmother's bedside anyway, doing for her what the staff wouldn't.

Italy has destroyed its already weak economy to save its elderly. To outsiders used to seeing their grandparents a few times a year, it's madness.

To an Italian, it's natural.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well according to some research the testosterone affects how we react to being sick. And that the testosterone makes us less resistant to our estrogen based counterparts.
Testosterone modulates it. Your body has an array of different types of immune responses. There are certain aspects of your immune system that respond only to very specific pathogens/foreign substances, and then there are other aspects that respond to a very broad range of things. I can’t remember the specifics as to what types of cells and inflammatory markers are affected, but basically testosterone suppresses the part of your immune system that responds to specificity, and upregulates the part that responds to a wide range of things, such as NK cells.
Possibly, but there are several studies stating similar findings. I am not a smoker, but dudes who smoked in the past may had shown more masculine tendencies than non-smokers. Not sure. They did stink though.
It’s because smoking causes a very sharp increase in testosterone. Over time, this elevated testosterone level does gradually begin to decrease (smoking also appears to lower growth hormone, albeit not by very much).

This is probably why those old films show the bad boy on the street corner with a cigarette in his mouth. It’s also likely why smoking became associated with masculinity in the first place—because it actually did raise testosterone.

It’s important to note, however, that menthol lowers test; so if you do smoke, it’s probably best to avoid the ones that have menthol in them.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best to smoke cigars or pipes. Added benefit is they don't stink of fermented shìt the way cigarettes do.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You arent getting yonger.

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bro, no offense but just because you don't understand the gravity of the situation that doesn't mean men are overreacting.
hint: it doesn't kill only old people.