Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Confident Persistance: The Girl Who Cancelled The Date

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Low Interest Level

Originally posted by Cesare Cardinali
The girl's interest level was low. Had it not been low, she would not have been buisy for the date. Whether she was truly buisy or just didn't feel like it, a girl with high romantic interest would move hell or high water to make the date or offer a solid counter offer. This girl did neither. This is not a question of blindly following rules; it's simply common sense. As Jake Steed would say: "what would she do if you were Brad Pitt?" Would she be too buisy for Brad Pitt?
I don't know if her "interest level" is high or low, but I can say this.

The reason that she had to cancel the date was that her brother was coming in from out of town for the sole purpose helping her work on her house. She had already set this up with him, but had forgotten when I asked her out. She called me as soon as she realized her error (she didn't stand me up or anything like that), and told me what was going on. I was a little skeptical at first, but I do honestly believe her at this point (or else she's just a stellar liar). She was also sincerely apologetic.

The next few weeks I know she was legitimately busy with school (so was I for that matter) and one of the weeks she was not even in the country. I'm not so sure Brad Pitt would have had any better results, frankly.

All that said, if her interest level was low, she wouldn't be going out with me on Friday. As it's been said on this thread with no small amount of derision, I gave her the option of saying "no". A girl with low interest would likely say "no". This girl said "yes".

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha,

you guys are right. This thread became way to analytical, deep and philosophical for just a relatively simple situation. Nevertheless, its nice to see a deeply thought out thread once in a while rather than the usual "Does she like me?" or "How do I talk to her?" threads.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that this thread has had a lot more value than a lot of the recent threads on this forum. I'm glad we talk about deeper things once in awhile.

I'm not trying to go at it with any members on this site. I appreciate the feedback here and respect everyone's opinions.

Gio stated that I'm possibly being a control freak a$$hole with the women I date. That is way off base. I simply do not let women walk over me or run the show. If she says, "hey let's sit here." I say, "no, let's sit over there." How is that rude? It just displays the fact that I'm running the show. If she is riding in my car and says she doesn't like a song, I turn the volume up a bit and look at her with a smile. Then I turn it down. I've always had girls laugh at this.

I also agree with your statement about dating attractive, smart, and independent women. They have their heads on straight and are really fun to talk with. They seem to "get it" way more than the easy slvts I've dated in the past. The independent girls are also much harder to figure out, but dating them is a lot more fun. I've found out that winning their affection is usually much more difficult, but once they do fall for you, it's a great thing.

Thanks for the feedback and keep up the good work, Gio.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Knicknack
Gio stated that I'm possibly being a control freak a$$hole with the women I date. That is way off base. I simply do not let women walk over me or run the show. If she says, "hey let's sit here." I say, "no, let's sit over there." How is that rude?
I agree with everything in your last post, except what I just quoted here.

With this scenario that you gave as an example, I'd basically just need to know some more information.

If I'm with a girl, and we're in a restaurant, and she says, "Let's just sit here", but I would like to sit farther away from the bar or maybe somewhere with a better view or something, then I don't see anything wrong with suggesting a different place to sit. And if she has a reasonable explanation for why she has chosen the spot she's chosen, I can take that into consideration.

But if she says, "Let's just sit here", but I say, "No, let's sit over there" because I want to show her who's boss, then I think that is a stupid, control-freak a$$hole thing to do.

The actions are the same but the motivations are totally different. Being contradictory all the time just to assert your power and control wears thin pretty quick.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
I agree with everything in your last post, except what I just quoted here.

With this scenario that you gave as an example, I'd basically just need to know some more information.

If I'm with a girl, and we're in a restaurant, and she says, "Let's just sit here", but I would like to sit farther away from the bar or maybe somewhere with a better view or something, then I don't see anything wrong with suggesting a different place to sit. And if she has a reasonable explanation for why she has chosen the spot she's chosen, I can take that into consideration.

But if she says, "Let's just sit here", but I say, "No, let's sit over there" because I want to show her who's boss, then I think that is a stupid, control-freak a$$hole thing to do.

The actions are the same but the motivations are totally different. Being contradictory all the time just to assert your power and control wears thin pretty quick.
then we will have to agree to disagree. my motivation is to always be the one making the decisions. now don't get me wrong. if a girl says, "hey let's sit here so you can watch the game." i'll say, "good idea, i was thinking the same thing." or if she says, "would you want to go to XXXXX resturant tonight?" if i actually feel like eating at the restaurant, i'll say, "yeah, that sound great."

if i make a suggestion on a place to eat, and the girl says, "i kinda feel like eating at XXXXX." i'll respond, "great. you paying?"

everything is on my terms.

Reaction score
I personally thought Casanova did a good job on his contact. This thread has gone too deep and way off base. I merely offered a better way to say the following:

Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova

"So if we do the poker thing on Friday you want to do that?"

"And if we don't do the poker thing on Friday, did you want to do something?"

I stated that the above comments were weak and I offered a better way to phrase them:

Originally posted by Player_Supreme

"I'm doing this poker thing Friday night and I want you to come along with me, Is 7pm a good time to pick you up?"

or

"If for some reason the poker thing doesn't kick it, then we will do something else and I will be there at 7pm sharp so I want you ready willing and able!"

I then offered the source of that style as being from Tom Hopkins a Real Estate sales book author, whom actually took it form a current trend in sales.

But it’s not about selling real estate. It’s about learning to use the power of words, nothing more than that.

It’s not about Casanova fawking up or ho’ chasing. I’m sure he will score with this one in due time.
In Conclusion:

I think we all have our own styles of handling and getting women. If confident persuant works for Casanova then so be it. Who am I to say HELL NAW!

My fear is that the wrong people will try it and end up becoming SYMPS and AFC's.

I preffer the tried and true methods myself which have been proved to work.

What many are forgetting is that, and I've done research on this fact:

Women want you to be in CONTROL

Recently I did interview a quite a few young ladies. Ages 22-27. And they all agreed that they like a man who assumes control. Now these were working women with good jobs not college students, but I'm sure it doesn't change.

Many women they said will actually deny it but secretly want a man to be in control and to show dominance.

They ALL stated that they hate a man they can walk over and push around and keep waiting.

So what does this tell us?

It tells me that if Casanova is successful with confident persuant or persistance then he must be quite a young fellow...but learn this technique when you already have a few hens in the coop.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistance definately pays off. Sometimes a girl wont fall for you until knowing you for a while.

However, most of the time from the moment you meet a girl, she will have a good idea if she wants to date you or not.

The "rules" of this forum are a joke.

Most guys here have NO IDEA when it comes to woman, simply read and state the rules back to you.

Do what you want and feel comfortable with, as long as you know the basics and dont become the crying chump.

Cant be fukced reading all this post.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!!

Giovanni for President!!!!!!!!

That extra aloof phone call can make all the difference...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Crank_It_Up
congrats on getting another shot Giovanni, hope it works out for ya. However if it doesn't please give her number to backbreaker, he seems to be having major trouble finding any such girl as you described above. where are all the smart georgous girls?
do you have something against me? That wasn't very nice and uncalled for.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score