Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold Approach Paradox

Reaction score
PUAs make two very contradictory claims

1) Cold approach is the best way to meet women.
2) Women are attracted to men who are non-needy, non-desparate and have lots of options

Both of these statements cannot be true. Can you think of a better way to project desperation and lack of options than approaching a complete stranger on the street? I can't.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score

2) Women are attracted to men who are non-needy, non-desparate and have lots of options

Both of these statements cannot be true. Can you think of a better way to project desperation and lack of options than approaching a complete stranger on the street? I can't.
thats because you are exhibiting beta male thought processes.. considering you think you will be labeled a creep for following someone on IG, its no surprise that in your viewpoint cold approaching a female is akin to being some beta orbiter lowlife with zero options.

both situations are dependant on the person. if you are some incel ugly low tier desperate male with no options then yea u will be seen as creep on both the online space and in real life as well.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What is the best way to get women? OLD is cuck.

Much of what you deem now as pua is click bait marketing.

Seek competence in a variety of means to get women.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats because you are exhibiting beta male thought processes.. considering you think you will be labeled a creep for following someone on IG, its no surprise that in your viewpoint cold approaching a female is akin to being some beta orbiter lowlife with zero options.

both situations are dependant on the person. if you are some incel ugly low tier desperate male with no options then yea u will be seen as creep on both the online space and in real life as well.
+1

Its funny cause guys like op will post maybe read a book or wstch a vid. Decades later bit cannot approach. The current crop of men are doing nothing good in the market place.if anything, its just a ro7nd table of simping and pandering beta thirst.

@op, the field answers all your questions.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only paradox is if you see a girl you want and don’t put yourself in a position to get her.

But I’ll break things down.

• Girls want to meet a cool guy
  • I want to meet hot girls
  • Girls usually won’t approach
  • You approach girls
For a girl her looking at you (or avoiding eye contact entirely) might account for an ‘approach’ in her mind. You can’t consistently and reliably count on a girl to make things happen.

Also, just like you can go to Best Buy without being ‘desperate’ for a TV, you can approach a girl without being desperate for her. You might want a TV, you might want to see what features it has, you might even really want this particular model, while still knowing there are billions of TVs and if you don’t buy one now you can still buy one somewhere else tomorrow.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
PUA's are pure entertainers and are just really good at projecting an initial fake (dominant) personality to get women.

In the long run, they are unable to keep up faking that dominance to sustainably hold onto her, she'll sense it sooner or later when he fails her follow up shiet tests.

Masculinity is a learned trait and its something that is always enduringly attractive to femininity.

Learn that instead of PUA trickery.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
  • Girls want to meet a cool guy
  • I want to meet hot girls
  • Girls usually won’t approach
  • You approach girls
I guess we've moved past that "girls approaching and seducing men is the natural way of the world" thing that was going on around a few weeks ago?

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess we've moved past that "girls approaching and seducing men is the natural way of the world" thing that was going on around a few weeks ago?
I've never advocated that. Sure, if you're high value, you'll get some freebies. But they'll generally be 1.) Below what you could get or 2.) Sexually aggressive. I get approached at least once or twice anytime I go out. If those were the only girls I went for, to maintain my current standard, I'd probably only meet 1 or 2 girls I'm really into a year.

I'd rather give my self the freedom to see a girl I want and give her the chance to meet me.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Actually that is the natural order.

I already knew it since I was barely 12 years old when girls were actually actively chasing boys and we boys were actually busy with our sports, activities, etc.

And the school nerds were busy dreaming about girls panties and bras.

You think it has change much in adult life ?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You think it has change much in adult life?
Yeah, puberty makes a huge difference. A few extra years, and the boys will be thinking about those girls a LOT more. And it's not just the nerds taking notice.

Anyway, it takes two to tango. Seduction is more like a dance, it's a back and forth. But the males are the agressers so they will usually make the first move, at least the first overt move. If the situation is right, the girl will - like if he is a top guy to her. But women have less testosterone, they aren't as bold. Usually the male is the hunter, even if he is a clumsy one.

Beyond that, if the girl gets emotionally hooked, she will initiate until the end of time.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, puberty makes a huge difference. A few extra years, and the boys will be thinking about those girls a LOT more. And it's not just the nerds taking notice.

Anyway, it takes two to tango. Seduction is more like a dance, it's a back and forth. But the males are the agressers so they will usually make the first move, at least the first overt move. If the situation is right, the girl will - like if he is a top guy to her. But women have less testosterone, they aren't as bold. Usually the male is the hunter, even if he is a clumsy one.

Beyond that, if the girl gets emotionally hooked, she will initiate until the end of time.
Yes human males are the apex predators of this world, we males want to conquer everything, even death itself, everyone can agree to that.

Males are biologically made for that, hence our physical strengths, our minds etc are all tuned to that.

But yet men are often reduced by women as can be witnessed numerous times in Sosuave.

Females too are apex predators.

And men are their prey....their no. 1 hobby.

Has always been so and will continue to be so.

The cat will always want to catch the mouse.

Didn't I told you to do a simple test and ask ur girlfriend zekko, have you ?

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

the problem is you can't imagine approaching without coming off as needy and desperate to the point that you think these two statements contradict each other. consider that your homework, because it's absolutely possible.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
the problem is you can't imagine approaching without coming off as needy and desperate to the point that you think these two statements contradict each other. consider that your homework, because it's absolutely possible.
There's a few approaches but the one being peddled here is PUA trickery.

Say a few juicy words, walk a certain way, act a certain way and boom Ka - Boom!

Women will be dropping their panties.

If not, then test it out a few hundred times (numbers game) and when you do get laid, it works!

Whatcha know Spaz!?

It works, the gurus were all right, it's all a numbers game, like playing jackpot, you're bound to land something once in a while.

Then they will repeat and rinse said performance but is it sustainable?

Aside to the above, yes I as a matter of fact do approach women, I'd be lying if I say I never approach women but it was never with the initial intent of seducing her, more like bumping into her or her into me and things sometimes naturally took off from there.

Women for most part are "naturally bumping" into men while he's busy with something.

Have you men not noticed when u r quietly sitting down engrossed with whatever and something just so happens to fall right in front of you as a woman passes by?

That you'd automatically respond to it?

And she profusely thanking you?

You guys can't be this clueless or naive...

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ill give it to you straight OP cos on this forum youll hear a bunch of stuff about frame and never get anything done

Men make the initial open with women, this will never change. As a woman once said to me "he could look like brad pitt, I still aint approaching". Some women might help you, by entering your space but in general the first action is yours. Wether you make your interest clear from the beginning or not is personal preference and it doesnt really matter if attraction is there anyway. Now, here is where the dynamic usually changes - After this showdown, the woman should chase you a little more than you chase her. And youll notice a similar pattern when you think back to most of your lays. Its during this period when a guy is laying on too much interest that he can look desperate and needy. Good luck

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 - If you are doing something you don't enjoy just to try to date women, you are being desperate and disingenuous to yourself. This can both shine through and hamper whatever it is you're trying to do, and wear your selfesteem down. It can still "work" but you have to keep those things in mind.
2 - If you are doing something you enjoy, you are being true to yourself. By living this way you are also keeping your dignity and selfesteem.

It's no harder than that for me, it's not about what you do but why you do it.

Now, perspectives on cold approaching will depend based on someone's psychology and attractiveness.

1 - Someone who is or isn't attractive, but is on the dark triad spectrum and sees people as props or prey, won't care about whether an approach is cold or warm as they don't have normal feelings anyway. So in a sense they are always being true to themselves. The problem is most men are not on the dark triad spectrum, so PUA stuff based on them acting more as if they shouldn't have normal feelings and shaming them if they do is probably ineffective. It's actually even what they call "toxic masculinity" (which is originally coined by men, check out the etymology and usage section here).
2 - Someone who never gets IOIs in any setting because of being low in attractiveness, but is also not psychologically dark triad, is in a tougher spot regarding to cold approach or not that they'll have to solve for themselves.
3 - Someone who isn't dark triad but is attractive enough to get IOIs in warm settings like school, or if they are so hot and handsome that they get IOIs in cold settings like OLD, antisocial media, clubs or the street, may not feel as great a need to cold approach since they know they can manage without either in the right settings or in any setting.

Personally I've never enjoyed 'cold' approaching. Nowadays I approach women if they give me some sort of IOI which I give them opportunities to do through proximity and eye contact if I want them.

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are like bloodhounds. They can sniff out a man who is needy and desperate. They can also sniff out a man who isn’t.

If a woman sees you as the latter, approaching her is a compliment to her. She will feel as if you are selecting her above all of the others, hence why approaching women can be highly effective if you’re capable of it.

The problem with most PUAs is that they seldom convey this very well, most likely because it is just an act or a routine or a behavioral blueprint, rather than a genuine act of interest. A woman will sense he does it all of the time with any woman the “PUA” sees. There is nothing special about it. Any woman will do. Hence, a man can appear very needy and desperate even when he’s trying so hard to be smooth and nonchalant.

PUA = fake it till you make it.

A DJ is already a made man.
Agree with most of this.

The dj part is questionable at best.

There's threads for eons of men chasing cratered SMV, single moms,and old ladies who jumped off the d/carousel.

A lot of guys are soft as ****.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In directly starting a conversation with someone who looks interesting to you is not desperate to me. Street approaching i see in videos one after another can look a bit weird.
High end food outlets are great places to start conversations. Ask were an ingredient is. Chatty elderly ladies love to talk recipes. Lol
Ask about something your looking for and you should know within 10-20 secs if that question can turn into a conversation.
Maybe even less then that.
Its only weird if you made it weird.

The problem now a days is that, most of the people in pickup and selling crap have no business doing so. The assumed authority and game is a joke at best.

I am sure there's a better way. Thus far, pickup is a better route than waiting for women 30+ after the cawk carousel. Finds Jesus as a single mom and post wall. Better than OLD low hanging fruit.

Even then its time consuming. If a lifetime of game is not a indicator, then seeing a dude dtive across America trying to find happily ever after is telling.

There's no magic bullet nor easy path. The baseline social standards are cucked.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In directly starting a conversation with someone who looks interesting to you is not desperate to me.
According to Amante Silvestre if you are too girl-hungry and don't have any options at all then you'll be subcommunicating or vibing off all sorts of desperate vibes and will feel like she's doing you a favour for even being polite with you enough not to outrightly ignore you or call the police for harassment.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things have changed for sure. The simplified version for me is to get out and have fun. People are interesting and convos just seem to find you.
Puller mate, you said it. The mark isnt mpua or dj. Anybody who tells you that thry figured it all out is a snake oil salesman like tai lopez. There's no magic pill.

Fun, self amusement, going through the fire, and going out on your shield is GOAT STATUS. Speaking and living your truth is of the utmost importance. Its why full blown war must be taken on censorship. If you don't speak your truth, you won't live it. Its women pedaling censorship and victimhood.

All on all there's no ambiguity. People are either with you or against you. Men are governed by self interest and by default are low in agreeableness. Much of the mansophere is at odds rather than a cohesive group that agrees to disagree. Agsin. Low in agreeableness to the point of conflict. Women are higher in agreeableness, prone to victimhood, mental health, and cucks simp to the cause.

Even if the collapse happens, the government folds, women have shown their true nature. At best, relationships among the men and women are a rental at best.

Not your girl just your turn says it all. And yet men will be sacrificial lambs. Allocate decades of resources and sexual access. The gold standard is a woman gets kids, gets fat and cuts off her husband.

This is what guys play Russian roulette with? A fat wife and plough horse. 80 hr work weeks.

No better time to be a bachelor. Even someone like RooshV with a life time and books on game cannot land his ideal. Not a slight on RooshV but a point of view of the SMP in the modern era.

Picked up a chick the other night. Ran into her with her man the next day. #cuck

So beta male cuck is in cherish. Meanwhile she's getting her **** pushed in. Guys are trying to play house. Lulz

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't I told you to do a simple test and ask ur girlfriend zekko, have you ?
I don't usually discuss seduction material with her lol. But anyway, it's a tricky question, the answer would depend on how it's phrased.
For instance, I agree women are better and more natural seducers than men are. On the other hand, there's no trick to seducing a man, it isn't difficult. If the girl is pretty, a guy will likely respond.

Yeah, the girl may "accidentally" brush up against a guy, or drop something so he can pick it up, or bend over in front of him or whatnot. But she's doing that because she expects him to make the first move, since he's the aggressor and she is not.

I agree a girl will pursue a guy if he is a top guy or a guy out of her league. Men also like girls out of their league. That's how you end up with the classic "Guy likes girl, but girl likes another guy, but that guy doesn't know she exists" situation. Plus a lot of guys will approach but lack the nerves to make the first move. That's how girls collect orbiters, as all these guys get stuck in the friendzone. Many of them inadvertently placed themselves there.

So who is seducing who is not necessarily a cut and dried answer. But generally the woman's beauty is the bait and the man will respond to that. He is usually expected to make the first move, at least the first overt move, such as asking for a number. Then if the girl is interested, she will likely do the majority of the chasing. You disagree with that?