Cold approach openers list. How do you start cold approaches? Any ideas?

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright the fact is you need to say the right thing in the right situation to start a conversation with someone. What do you do?

I tried "Do I have a milk Mustache?" when at the mall and girls are walking the other way.

ATP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaches = "Hi do you want to ****?"

Or do I remember wrong.

If you're approaching people you haven't met then a "hi" usually works good.

GameTime76

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can just say; "Hi." "Hows it going?" If you were abserving your target.. You may of noticed something about her. Her clothes, jewerly, shoes, hair, sun glasses, bag, dog, book or whatever. If you like something about her or her item, compliment her on it. Or if your curious, ask her about it.

Though, a good way to avoid being rejected is to make eye contact first. If you look in her eyes and read the signs you will know whether you should approach her or not.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We all know that "how's it going" is fine to open with, but that's not actually an opener because you have to immediately follow with something else or all she's going to do is say "I'm fine" and look at you waiting for you to say something more. I don't know how it is in other English-speaking countries, but in the U.S. when people say "how's it going", they don't mean that literally, it's just a formality. Just like people are programmed to say "fine" in reply if they don't know you, even if they find out their mom just died. So this isn't even real conversation, it's just filler basically.

schttrj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember one thing...She doesn't hear anything at first, she SEES...She doesn't want to understand you. She wants to FEEL you

That's why what you say is not important. But making her feel that you are equal value to her is what you will do. Repeat after me...."NO NEEDINESS"...then just go and say "Hi...I'm Ron".

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IamtheAlphamale said:
Alright the fact is you need to say the right thing in the right situation to start a conversation with someone. What do you do?

I tried "Do I have a milk Mustache?" when at the mall and girls are walking the other way.
That's awful. Why not just be a grownup and say "Hi." and make a comment/question about her, her clothes, or things going on around her.

How are you going to start a conversation built on the foundation of you having a milk mustache?

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"So what's your story?" always worked great for me, because you're basically putting her in a position where she needs to qualify herself to you. Try it, it always creates a little curiosity in them, which is a good thing.

SchoolBoy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll give you one of the best advice for cold approaches...............................

LEARN HOW TO IMPROVISE...

canned lines and set openers I find are ridiculous. The vibe is awkward and feels forced.

Learn to be funny, and witty.

Then cold approached will no longer be a problem.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that the best is to have an observation. If she's wearing a T-shirt from a band you like etc. Sometimes she might be having a conversation that you happen to know a lot about.

I was once sitting next to these chicks discussing UFC. I have to give them credit, they did know a few things. But I've been watching it since before it became popular, so I butted in (politely) and answered some of the questions they were wondering.