Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold approach is becoming impossible

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling the police was UNHEARD of just 10 years ago for saying hello. I've done this in the recent past and had no issues.
It is true that calling the police for saying hello was unheard of 10-15 years ago. As I said earlier, I don't expect that to impact me as I am good enough looking to not get cops called on me. I also think I'm socially calibrated enough.

My other point was to try to wake men up about what's going on. There is a severe sexual repression and discrimination against heterosexual men that is under way. It's amazing how people think WE men need to shift out behavior, instead of standing up and organizing against this. Do you notice women never want to shift their behavior? They are in control and make us change. The feminists use the power of a vocal minority to enact change. They did this through a concerted effort spanning decades and accelerating rapidly with the advent of twitter and other social media platforms where they were able to organize and spread their hatred against men.
I agree with all of this.

This is the worst time in history to be dating as a man. Women have all the power of the state, the media, the culture, and the dating apps. We are absolutely second-class citizens under this matriarchy, and they have the nerve to call us out for male privilege? You have got to be kidding me.
All true.

I've even seen videos on youtube and tiktok with women complaining that men aren't approaching them anymore! I wonder why!
I think subpar looking women, average looking women, and/or aging, 30+ women are experiencing a lower approach volume the most. Cute or hot, 18-25 year old women are still getting approached in person a decent amount and aren't likely to be the ones complaining about their approach volume. Most women aren't even noticing their lower approach volumes as their social media DMs are increasing and the swipe queues on their apps are full of men.

In 2018, one year prior to his religious conversion, Roosh V noticed how women had fuller penis pipelines as compared to when he first got into game in the early 2000s.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is true that calling the police for saying hello was unheard of 10-15 years ago. As I said earlier, I don't expect that to impact me as I am good enough looking to not get cops called on me. I also think I'm socially calibrated enough.

I agree with all of this.

All true.

I think subpar looking women, average looking women, and/or aging, 30+ women are experiencing a lower approach volume the most. Cute or hot, 18-25 year old women are still getting approached in person a decent amount and aren't likely to be the ones complaining about their approach volume. Most women aren't even noticing their lower approach volumes as their social media DMs are increasing and the swipe queues on their apps are full of men.

In 2018, one year prior to his religious conversion, Roosh V noticed how women had fuller penis pipelines as compared to when he first got into game in the early 2000s.

I like Roosh, you in fact turned me onto him. I don’t think he wrote or said anything that was beyond the realm of common sense, properly applied; and he may not be wrong that women have more options etc…but that article feels dramatic. Idk.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow is literally an ode to the Cold Approach, and considering she went out with Lance we should probably take a moment and reflect on it.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Roosh, you in fact turned me onto him. I don’t think he wrote or said anything that was beyond the realm of common sense, properly applied; and he may not be wrong that women have more options etc…but that article feels dramatic. Idk.
That information is not that much different from the topic of this whole thread.

Maybe a big part of all this is the fact that that roosh dude wasnt the most attractive guy to begin with, and as his attractiveness declined so did his results. And yes ofcourse the landscape has changed. 25 years ago most people didn't even had mobile phones.

Again a article with general observations , and as usual no solution offered. In other words; a circle jerker.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is refuting that cold approach does work and is effective.

I myself have responded well to some cold approaches; ended up dating a man for a few months who cold approached at the market although I was giving him IOIs which no doubt made it easier for him to approach.

But it doesn't always work and for some women, like my co-worker for example, for whatever reasons as @Gamisch posted earlier, will feel threatened and/or imposed upon and in extreme cases, call the police.

I posted the title of an article on Quora.com stating just that - some women will call police.

There is no sense refuting that reality just as there is no sense refuting that cold approach works.

It depends on the woman, her mood, the circumstance.

There is no one size fits all.
Quora is not a news source. It is a discussion forum. You quoted another public discussion as a citation in this forum as if it were fact. Way to go Marcia Clark!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You missed Roosh's run while it happened. Roosh was influential in pickup and the Manosphere for ~15 years until he converted to Orthodox Christianity in 2019.

It's my opinion that turning point for Roosh was when his younger sister died of breast cancer in 2018.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is refuting that cold approach does work and is effective.

I myself have responded well to some cold approaches; ended up dating a man for a few months who cold approached at the market although I was giving him IOIs which no doubt made it easier for him to approach.

But it doesn't always work and for some women, like my co-worker for example, for whatever reasons as @Gamisch posted earlier, will feel threatened and/or imposed upon and in extreme cases, call the police.

I posted the title of an article on Quora.com stating just that - some women will call police.

There is no sense refuting that reality just as there is no sense refuting that cold approach works.

It depends on the woman, her mood, the circumstance.

There is no one size fits all.
It's a shame that @Don of the north has such a short temper, otherwise we could have an interesting in depth conversation. Part of being a DJ is having the ability to chat up a woman . You can't exclude cold approach as a man. So it's relevant to analyze if and how there are changes regarding the topic. Especially when laws and company policies start to change.

It would be interesting to find out HOW does he actually approach?
1.-" brute force approach " .(exaggerated) Like tapping her on her shoulder from the back and spit game at her out of nowhere?
2. Subtle approach. You create an opportunity out of seemingly nowhere and bank on that.

A few examples of 2; I went to the grocery store. I go to the self service register and get the message a employee will check if my receipt matches with my groceries. Cute black girl walks up to me. I say " it is because I am black?" with a light smile. She starts laughing and says she is black herself. We talk a bit and I ask her to meet up. She tell me she has a bf, but looks at me like she wants to undress me as I leave the store.

I walk ,again in to a grocery store. A cute white woman walks passed me and makes eye contact . I know it's a small window ,like 5 seconds. I say " hey what's up". She greets me back and I start talking to her. I throw random stuff,kinda blatant but it works. I ask for her number and she gives it to me.

I wait for the train on a cold rainy day. Entering the station I see this hot girl standing further away. I walk with stride up to her and ask her a stupid question about the train. I gauge her reaction to my presence and decide it's enough to keep going. I say something about how ****ty the weather is and then ask here where she's going. She sits next to me the entire trip ends up giving me her number.

I can go on for hours. I am just trying to point out that I am almost always in "hunt mode". Like a predator (uhm) or should i say animal in the wild will instinctively react in the presence of prey. I might have week when I get 20 chances. Another week only 5. But the chance is ALWAYS there, as there are women everywhere. I just try to prepare by looking good, smelling good and by making sure my antennas are up ready and working. Even if I go get a simple pack of sugar around the corner. Or make a walk through the park.

By the way for brute force approach I rather go to clubs , or even better festivals. Then ofcourse there is OLD for passive approach. Plenty of changes if you know where to look .

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You missed Roosh's run while it happened. Roosh was influential in pickup and the Manosphere for ~15 years until he converted to Orthodox Christianity in 2019.

It's my opinion that turning point for Roosh was when his younger sister died of breast cancer in 2018.

ROoshV is one of the ogs of the past. He predicted so much **** **** of today.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Gamisch this^ is the best way and how I've always responded best to it.

Take advantage of an opportunity or like you said, create the opportunity. On line at the market, waiting for the train or on the train, anywhere really.

Absolutely. The approach should seem effortless, natural, spontaneous.

As a woman, I've even done this. I love talking to people generally and will take advantage of any opportunity to do so.

As a man, create the opportunity. Master the art.
This. I sometimes suffer from depression. It's kind of a new thing that I recently acknowledged. When I am not in the mood I know to " take off my antennas " so to speak . When I feel good though I am all game.

But a man can't go outside, on a dry spell and with a cranky , obligated face cold approach women like a robot. Ofcourse that's deemed as creepy.

But oke, the rice of incels. Apparently the art of creating an opportunity is lost. That's why we see threads like this . And that's all good, we are here to help one another. But to help men like OP they gotta open up on HOW they approach, the more details the better.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cute black girl walks up to me.
That's a solid IOI. I don't know about the OP but girls don't just walk up to me out of the blue like that. If that happens, it's too wierd to process as it might be once in a decade. Not something I'd be used to.

Gamich said:
A cute white woman walks passed me and makes eye contact . I know it's a small window ,like 5 seconds.
That's a solid IOI as well. Most of the time with non-verbal rejections is a lady looks away very fast after seeing you or tries to avoid eye contact. That would be zero-window. In general, women don't make eye contact period in stores.

Gamich said:
I wait for the train on a cold rainy day. Entering the station I see this hot girl standing further away. I walk with stride up to her and ask her a stupid question about the train. I gauge her reaction to my presence and decide it's enough to keep going. I say something about how ****ty the weather is and then ask here where she's going. She sits next to me the entire trip ends up giving me her number.
Good approach.

I think if you are a sub-5, or don't have solid looks, then you aren't going to get enough non-verbal fluidity with the IOI's to feel comfortable or confident to do any approaches. The first two examples don't happen to sub-5's or even lower tier normies, which already puts you at a looks advantage over the OP. If you are not getting that non-verbal traction in the first place then you can't really create opportuniites unless there is a baseline level of interest from the woman.

However, I'm advocating with the OP in reply since I know you can just tell me to hit the Gym and lose the body-fat so I concede the point that I have the height and potential to improve my looks to get better results. Perhaps the OP's feedback could be helpful if he provided some insights into if he has looksmaxxed or tried to looksmax in the past and/or Gym-max - his height, frame, etc... If looks can be improved so you can feel the fluidity of non-verbal receptivity then approaches will come natural.

Lifeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
A perfect way to avoid anyone under 18 is to go to a college campus as someone else mentioned. That's actually my first choice. The selection of 18-29 beauties is amazing. You can do way more approaches than you could at the mall. But in today's day and age, the cops will likely be called. These are some of the most sjw infested places on the planet. Men are trash/R culture ect. is rampant on there. I've read online about male students getting sexual harassment warning letters just for asking one of their classmates out for a date. These women really need a freshman class to teach them what defines harassment. Harassment is NOT having what they perceive as a sub-par male ask you out ONE time. Holy hell.
Cops were called on me by Starbucks employees in a college campus. This was after I had approached a 19 year old woman there and we had a relationship earlier. I went back and I was lingering there too long, the Starbucks employees noticed, and called the cops. I was banned from appearing in that college, it was a private College.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cops were called on me by Starbucks employees in a college campus. This was after I had approached a 19 year old woman there and we had a relationship earlier. I went back and I was lingering there too long, the Starbucks employees noticed, and called the cops. I was banned from appearing in that college, it was a private College.
I thought they trained their workers not to behave like that and they made a public commitment not to do that.

It gets bad publicity for their shops. They are still doing that? Wow.

Lifeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been disrespected, humiliated, and emotionally abused via approaching strangers. The same thing has happened in swipe app dating. The treatment is unreal and inhumane. If I were a dog and I was treated as poorly as I have been in approaching, I would be in one of those ASPCA commercials.

The crazy thing is that my photos have rated around 6.5-7.

I will still approach strangers when needed.
Damn bro, the only really bad response from a woman I approached since I started cold approaching in 2018, is "**** off." Yes It hurt, but I got over it quick because the woman may have had mental issues.

Last edited:

Lifeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought they trained their workers not to behave like that and they made a public commitment not to do that.

It gets bad publicity for their shops. They are still doing that? Wow.
This was in fall 2018

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He was PUT ON THE SEX REGISTRY AFTER/BECAUSE of the conviction for the cold approaching. He was then REMOVED after the appeal. You didn't even read the articles.

Giving women compliments and asking for dates got him put on a sex offender registry. Get it?

Arguing with people on the internet hurts my head. Goodbye.
Let me give you a devil's advocate argument;

If he was put on a sex offender registry that means that this list of people thought he did enough criminal wrongdoing to be labeled a pervert:

-The woman
-any applicable employees or security guards
-the police
- the district attorney's office
-the prosecutor's office
- a grand jury
- a regular jury
- the judge

So at what point should we just assume that maybe this guy did something so insanely over the top that he isn't representative of a normal cold approach?

I agree that crazy Karens might call the cops on you or call security and try to get you banned or kicked out, but that's why I approach in a way that shouldn't offend a normal (benign compliment) person and walk away from people who give weird responses.

I'd recommend doing your approaches in proper social spaces if you're really worried about this.

the only way you're getting on the sex offender list for an approach is if you try to finger a girl in the mall.

Last edited:

ManlyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
As other suave posters have already mentioned. It is how you approach. Playing the numbers game in some geographic locations will get you in trouble.

What if you forget what a woman looks like? They can look different day to day as well. Different hairstyle or outfit or makeup. I have read about guys approaching frequently in the same places and unknowingly approaching the same women because they were playing the numbers game. This one guy was charged with stalking becuase of it. Later the charges were dropped by the courts and never went to trial because it wasn't really stalking.

there are also numerous other ways you can get in trouble. All occuring extremely to a small percentage of the time.

It all depends on the woman and her views and life circumstances. There is not one size fits all pickup game. You are always putting yourself at risk of some kind of legal trouble with picking up woman. For instance Roosh was falsely accused of rape. As there are countless other guys who have also been falsely accused of rape.

That said you are always putting yourself at risk always. Even by getting in a car. Life is too short to not live it to the fullest.

Always approach and play the numbers game if it makes you happy.

Last edited: