Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

club dancing music

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what kind of genre is it? mostly just hip hop?
where can i find it too?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what type of clubs you are talking about. Is it a Hispanic club? Hip-Hop club?

Double C

Don Juan
Reaction score
At least for me, every high school dance was a lot of current, popular rap, with an occasional classic song and some songs to slow dance to.

Some of the following will probably be played:
Akon - I Wanna Love You
Akon - Smack That
Justin Timberlake - SexyBack
Ludacris - Money Maker
etc...

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea i was thinking the same thing. but i was just wondering if there was like a list of good songs like that

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to take some dancing lessons....

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at the playlists on hip-hop radio stations' websites, many of those songs will be played. Double C has a good start for you.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but i was just wondering if there was like a list of good songs like that
If the music they play at your highschool is the same as what they played during our dances, there is something seriously wrong with your music taste. It's all top 40 mass-produced testosteroneless whiny bimbo bull****. Google the previous sentence for a track list. :p

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kickureface said:
ahah i really dont think we dance to classical music :p
You do, you just don't realize it. Modern electronic dance music (particularly house and trance) is basically classical music updated by technology, audio samples, a thumping beat, and the whole structure of songs is based upon classical music theory. It's about moving people through different streams of emotional states through instrumentation. Surely you were referring to classical classical music, but if you wish to appreciate dance music (and I'm not referring to top 40 but true club music) then recognizing this distinction is paramount.

To answer your question, there are five basic types of electronic dance music (EDM): breakbeat, techno, tribal, house, and trance. To each their hundreds of subgenres. Hip hop is not dance music and is in its own category, in my opinion, and is fundamentally different; EDM is melody-based with usually minimal lyrics whereas you listen to hip hop for its lyrics and hardly pay attention to the melodies (usually).