Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

CICO??? How is this Possible?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick thread. I wanted to preface that this isn’t to b!tch and whine: I just want to get some clarification.

I’ve lost around 20 pounds through a combination of calorie counting and intermittent fasting/extended fasting. I’ve had to be pretty on top of it(even though this is the easiest/most sustainable way to lose weight in my opinion.) Then I see the way my friends eat and drink: and I’m thinking, “how are you not 300 lbs?” Yet they’re thin as rails.

My friends will literally eat out at all you can eat buffets 3 times a week. On top of that, they’re binge drinking(drink until you pass out) at least twice a week. I’ve managed to avoid the weight gain and keep losing by fasting around these big social meals, and trying to keep the drinking to 2-3 drinks when out. And if I have just a stupid cheat day where I totally blow it, I do a full extended fast for one day(or two) after. If I hadn’t learned how to fast around these big meals or eat less after these big cheats, I’m sure I would be up to at least 275 lbs by now.

But I know for a fact that my friends don’t fast like I do, especially for a day or longer. They don’t even do intermittent fasting because they talk about breakfast sometimes. I’m pretty sure they don’t do extreme cardio to burn off all those calories. They just lift(which doesn’t burn very much.) And they just eat “normally” in between these huge binges.

This flies in the face of everything I know about CICO, calorie balance, and thermodynamics. I know it’s all CICO at the end of the day. But how can a situation like this happen? You’d think they would be gaining weight at an exponential rate, but they remain rail thin.

P.S. Any tips for avoiding the whole binge drinking thing? I’m pretty sure that my friends are drinking so much to cope with approach anxiety(using alcohol as a crutch.) We end up buying rounds, and it’s like “you can buy the next round.” But when 3 drinks are $50, it really hurts the wallet. To me, it’s not even worth drinking at that point. I don’t want to come off as a bad friend, or a cheapskate. But I seriously hate coming home from a night out with my wallet $150 lighter, every single week. That really hurts. (Also, I know that the binge drinking is where all diets go to die. If I am binge drinking, even the fasting won’t save me and I won’t lose any more weight.)

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your #1 priority is yourself. Just say no. Fvck everyone who doesn’t respect it.

It also helps to surround yourself with people on a similar lifestyle path.

Don’t even worry about what kind of diseases these guys might have in 20-30 years. You shouldn’t even think about them, their (lack of) health habits and CICO.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This flies in the face of everything I know about CICO, calorie balance, and thermodynamics.
You're not taking into account hormonal factors. Like how their thyroid and insulin sensitivity are different than yours.... They may be able to eat what they want, but would they be able to gain mass like you? You're ceiling for muscle growth may be way higher than these hard gainers.... Which is why I gave you the advice I did.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not taking into account hormonal factors. Like how their thyroid and insulin sensitivity are different than yours.... They may be able to eat what they want, but would they be able to gain mass like you? You're ceiling for muscle growth may be way higher than these hard gainers.... Which is why I gave you the advice I did.
Yeah I do have the muscular advantage like we were talking about.

My cut has stalled out, even with fasting. I’m gonna need to start blasting cardio again. Run and bike like I used to. It is da wey, that in tandem with the fasting is the only way I’ll lose the last of my 25 lbs(and keep it off forever.)

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick thread. I wanted to preface that this isn’t to b!tch and whine: I just want to get some clarification.

I’ve lost around 20 pounds through a combination of calorie counting and intermittent fasting/extended fasting. I’ve had to be pretty on top of it(even though this is the easiest/most sustainable way to lose weight in my opinion.) Then I see the way my friends eat and drink: and I’m thinking, “how are you not 300 lbs?” Yet they’re thin as rails.

My friends will literally eat out at all you can eat buffets 3 times a week. On top of that, they’re binge drinking(drink until you pass out) at least twice a week. I’ve managed to avoid the weight gain and keep losing by fasting around these big social meals, and trying to keep the drinking to 2-3 drinks when out. And if I have just a stupid cheat day where I totally blow it, I do a full extended fast for one day(or two) after. If I hadn’t learned how to fast around these big meals or eat less after these big cheats, I’m sure I would be up to at least 275 lbs by now.

But I know for a fact that my friends don’t fast like I do, especially for a day or longer. They don’t even do intermittent fasting because they talk about breakfast sometimes. I’m pretty sure they don’t do extreme cardio to burn off all those calories. They just lift(which doesn’t burn very much.) And they just eat “normally” in between these huge binges.

This flies in the face of everything I know about CICO, calorie balance, and thermodynamics. I know it’s all CICO at the end of the day. But how can a situation like this happen? You’d think they would be gaining weight at an exponential rate, but they remain rail thin.

P.S. Any tips for avoiding the whole binge drinking thing? I’m pretty sure that my friends are drinking so much to cope with approach anxiety(using alcohol as a crutch.) We end up buying rounds, and it’s like “you can buy the next round.” But when 3 drinks are $50, it really hurts the wallet. To me, it’s not even worth drinking at that point. I don’t want to come off as a bad friend, or a cheapskate. But I seriously hate coming home from a night out with my wallet $150 lighter, every single week. That really hurts. (Also, I know that the binge drinking is where all diets go to die. If I am binge drinking, even the fasting won’t save me and I won’t lose any more weight.)
But what is their actual body fat percentage? Are you sure they're not skinnyfat?

When was the last time you saw them without a shirt on?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Combine both your paragraphs and benefit to the max. So go and eat less out and drink less. Less clubbing.

First off the weight subject. Everybody has his own metabolic system. Some people just burn faster. Might also be how they eat at home. You gotta eat healthy and be really consistent with that. Limit snacks as much as possible. Work out ,run, make sure you sweat.

Then the drinking and spending. You could so few things .You could withhold from alcohol altogether and make it clear you buy your own drinks. Or you could just go out less.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But what is their actual body fat percentage? Are you sure they're not skinnyfat?

When was the last time you saw them without a shirt on?
Never seen them shirtless lol.

Not the most muscular I’ve ever seen, but pretty damn lean! Their strength is pretty dang good too.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Combine both your paragraphs and benefit to the max. So go and eat less out and drink less. Less clubbing.

First off the weight subject. Everybody has his own metabolic system. Some people just burn faster. Might also be how they eat at home. You gotta eat healthy and be really consistent with that. Limit snacks as much as possible. Work out ,run, make sure you sweat.

Then the drinking and spending. You could so few things .You could withhold from alcohol altogether and make it clear you buy your own drinks. Or you could just go out less.
Yeah, I’d agree with that. If you are going to be going out on the weekends, you need to be frigging on point during the week. Maybe even do some fasting. I’ve noticed that if I start slipping and sliding during the week, it can carry over into the weekend too, and then it’s all over.

I’d need to do some combination of the two. Use my own drinks, and go out a bit less. I need to do more Daygame anyways, tbh.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It all boils down to a few things.

Insulin sensitivity, metabolic rate, digestion efficiency and hormonal levels(specifically Testosterone and IGF-1).