Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chris' Fitness Book

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Getting in shape is a delicate thing at times. I would highly recommend an Oura ring. I find that people generally work out too much.

The walks are a great idea that can be done every day. I’m not a proponent of longer distance/time workouts at higher heart rates. Slows progress way too much. It slows conditioning.

There’s a guy one here with what at first glance appears to be bad arse workouts. Huge mistake to follow his ideas. I grew muscle and cardio conditions with half or ever 1/4 of the workouts he does.
If you read the workouts of the past successful Olympians, most of their workouts were 30 minutes or shorter in length. True story.

The most I work out is three times a week. Last week I only did two workouts. We as humans want what use to be normal in the distant past and we want it right now.
Riding a bike IS running to your genetics. If you are going to run keep it at less than two miles. I prefer one mile despite the fact that I can do a recon shuffle across the terrain for eight hours with a rifle, seven magazines fully loaded and a pack on. This is necessity but not smart. If done more than once a month, I will not ever recover. Ever.

The quickest way to failure is training when your body is not ready to go again. In ancient times we walked every day. Sometimes miles and miles, but it was a walk. Not a run. Biking is running. Ride leisurely unless you know for a fact your body is ready for it. You will get in shape. In a couple of months you will be able to walk ten miles easily.

I can take a great runner or triathlete and put him with a bad arse ground humper and you will find out who is really in shape. Mentally and physically. This is why units do full pack 10-20 mile humps with all their gear. You separate the two types of conditioning really fast.
I feel I was born on a bike and its probably how I will die. I only bike at a steady pace on high gear to condition(save)my knees for work.

I f*cked up the math on my first full paycheque back to work and now don't have the taxi money to get to work so I MUST bike every day next week to work. oops.
At least my hair got done yesterday back to my natural colour and the rest of the year's appts will just be maintenance trims and interesting styles experiments(save money for too-tired-days' taxi fund)
So,

I thought and thought about going swimming today and/or restarting my lifting at the gym now that the trainer taught me the proper use of the smith machine for benches but I'm tired. This will be a rest day.

Thanks for your fine examples you gave me in your post. Alot of my exhausted walks in the past few weeks I kept visualling David Goggin's broken shin? bones when he was military training and it made me feel I didn't have it so bad.

Will look up Oura ring.

I will definitely consider leaving earlier so I can ride more leisurely and at a slower pace. Take more water breaks.

Last edited:

christie

Banned
Reaction score
same as yesterday and Wed, Thurs Fri will be the same.

Bed still feels magnetic. Not quite used to this yet.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I will rest both weekend days this weekend.

Appreciate you contributing. Was thinking about how you brought up wheat/corn eating in a post here on sosuave and I stopped experimenting.

You see, I thought maybe with all the increased circulation I could chance eating wheat again. The satiety and feel-good chemicals I get from wheat is unmatched by other foods.

In only 1.5 weeks of a few times eating it; I experienced the same ill effects. Gut wrench and severe brain fog.

I lost my inflammatory healing since Oct when I eliminated it.

Oh well. Today is day 1 giving it up again.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, 2 slices of bread/3 thin pancakes at one stressful day's breakfast were in that multiday experiment. Donuts and one cookie on other days. So sugary, high calorie/fat wheat things mostly. Emotional opiate source but then, lots of exercise also does this.

Weird little experiment I had. Sadistic.

I will remember your sourdough example. 20 times is not too bad to get good at this-you did good.

In either Perlmutter's or Davis' books I read that we used to be able to digest the ancient tall wheat strain, as we used to drink unpasteurized milk that contained the enzymes to help us better digest.

I feel better after even one day of staying committed to not eating wheat.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
no biking, wrote that too soon; I won't write about what I will do, only what I actually did(past tense)

21 min plus 7 min walking steady pace plus workday 6.75 hrs climbing and powerwalking.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
That's it? Came to see if you were climbing Kilimanjaro, or wrestling alligators!:rolleyes:
awesome neg mr. who

It does seem like not enough and I am overcoming the various weather changes in my workdays while climbing and powerwalking. Ice on the steel and ground for first half of day and wind and sporadic sun for second half of day.
Sometimes I look up the road and whimper "I can't do it" when I think about how I still have to walk to the bus stop to even get home.

But thankfully, nobody hears me whimper like a little b*tch.

I think of you guys on sosuave and how you're all crushing even bigger endurance goals than me and I smarten the f*ck up. Thank God for men like you that are only impressed by great peakclimbing or lizard submissions.

Not irascible, instead Lmao!

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Wise choice. Keep diet in. That’s important. Retraining a body really does work.
thanks hey, much respect for your leadership words.
Investigating sashimi all you can eat resto before they are all shuttered for covid again. Take this resto trip out of grocery budget. All you can eat sashimi places lose money when I go. I love the effects too much.

Salivating at the brain and eyesight boost I'll get from the raw fish.

Off wheat again, woohoo. Bought wheatfree donuts to eat just to show myself I don't have to go back to that wheat opiate. Found similar frozen avocado chunks I used to get when I used to go to Costco....will try to increase my good fats this week--obviously my body's telling me I need them.

Now, no desire for any more donuts on rest days.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think of you guys on sosuave and how you're all crushing even bigger endurance goals than me and I smarten the f*ck up. Thank God for men like you that are only impressed by great peakclimbing or lizard submissions.
I'm already impressed by you. But if I saw you wrestle an alligator, I would think man she's got to be great in the sa
(sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties)..

Last edited:

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Still walked both days this weekend, its too late, I'm already in the habit and can't miss a day.
lots of naps this weekend though.

The walks were approx. 45 min yesterday and 2 hours today...it was beautiful out.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I’m a bit envious of those with warmer weather able to take walks. Here in Colorado it’s still a bit too nippy to have a sunny walk lately. I need some vitamin D bad. I don’t like doing supplements if I can avoid it. I need some sun.
Man, you know this is serious in these covid times.
Have you tried driving to a sunnier spot? Can you overdress for the cold in order to get some sun, at least to your face?

If you do reconsider, at least the D supplements are usually tiny little ball capsules to take. Maybe try to find those ones?

Sunnier days are coming soon.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
I do take them. :) That and vitamin K when I can’t get enough sun. I like walking in shorts only, in the sun to charge me up. I’m not the laying out in the sun type. I need to be doing something.

Im getting a bit impatient is all Christie.
oh ok.

cab driver said its going to be extra windy today---always seems to drop the temp.

I do hope it gets sunny though too.