Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you bulk as a vegetarian?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
correlation is not causation. (Western) vegetarianism itself is highly correlated with factors that reduce mortality, most notably high income.

to go vegan and not become entirely unhealthy requires you to pay an extraordinary amount of attention to what you eat. and they all eat lots of foods that even meat-atarians and the rest of us omnivores should be getting more of.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping this thread as it's not quite so controversial these days.
I would never stop eating meat completely, but as has been mentioned here, I am aiming to have better quality meat less often. I have a local butcher in mind, but haven't been yet to guage the expense.
The question being, does anyone know what volumes of non-meat food that need to be consumed in order not to lose muscle mass, or even gain? This would be based on a semi vegetarian diet (~3.5 days a week), with the only exclusions of meat and fish.
*I am considering starting back on my protein powder, but it hasn't agreed with my digestion before. But as I understand the body needs time to adapt to it, so will persevere, maybe at lower doses to start.*

going for gold

Reaction score
I would never stop eating meat completely, but as has been mentioned here, I am aiming to have better quality meat less often. I have a local butcher in mind, but haven't been yet to guage the expense.
The question being, does anyone know what volumes of non-meat food that need to be consumed in order not to lose muscle mass, or even gain? This would be based on a semi vegetarian diet (~3.5 days a week), with the only exclusions of meat and fish.
*I am considering starting back on my protein powder, but it hasn't agreed with my digestion before. But as I understand the body needs time to adapt to it, so will persevere, maybe at lower doses to start.*
Andrew Huberman had an excellent conversation with Layne Norton on his Huberman Lab podcast recently - it’s a long episode but I believe it’s around the 1:55 (hour and 55 min) mark that they go into protein sources etc for vegetarian/vegan

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question being, does anyone know what volumes of non-meat food that need to be consumed in order not to lose muscle mass, or even gain?
If not meat, then eat fish, dairy, and/ or eggs. No amount of vegan protein will be as bioavailable as animal sources. As for how much, a single meal sized serving of fish or meat is enough protein for the day when combined with the protein found in other non-meat foods. Rice and beans, legumes, and nut butters are all rich in protein just figure out the complimentary amino acids.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I mean of course you can. There are plenty of high carb options that don't contain meat. Literally bulking comes from eating carbs/fats not from protein.