Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you bulk as a vegetarian?

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stronglifts said:
Hehe Ribeye I like. I don't weigh a lot, but I can a 1.5lbs steak in one sitting :D

Didn't even check the link (I'm that biased).

Bible belt:
* peanuts are poison: can lead to gastric problems/food allergies
* milk & insuline sensitivity
* foods like honey, raisins,... are risky in large quantities
* the list has EGGS that's the best part of it
Out of curiosity, how big are you??

healthwise

Reaction score
hi guys

I am Rita from india and I was also non-veggie for long time since I have applied myself to some meditations yoga and some fitness program, I have become veggie. But nwo its been 2 years, I am signing into non vegs again because you have to have meat for your health.. and since my 6 month to fitness gym, I am enjoying my life very much..

Thanks for letting me share...talkto you guys soon

Rita

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
healthwise said:
hi guys

I am Rita from india and I was also non-veggie for long time since I have applied myself to some meditations yoga and some fitness program, I have become veggie. But nwo its been 2 years, I am signing into non vegs again because you have to have meat for your health.. and since my 6 month to fitness gym, I am enjoying my life very much..

Thanks for letting me share...talkto you guys soon

Rita
What part of india are you from? How popular is vegetarianism there? Do you see a noticable size difference between kids who are raised veg and non veg?

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
Where did you start out? You seem to be on a very anabolic diet and routine.
Started a long time ago, about 10 years. Gained 20 lbs in less than a year.

e-lie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I follow a strict low meat diet and love it .It is sort of a lifestyle but can be done but I know this we r the fattest country on earth.So it can't hurt to try :)

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The vegetarian bodybuilder guy looks soooo orange, its gross.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So let's say you have to stay away from dairy. That means WHEY as well. Wtf do you do? Load up on soy protein? (inferior!) :(

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whey count as dairy? I thought it doesn't since it doesn't have the properties of dairy that people avoid (when they avoid dairy).

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
no. and why not just buy beef?

what is this phobia everyone has of red meat?
Many people believe red meat leads to colon cancer. Don't know if it's true, but it's a widely held belief.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow how did i miss this thread

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I follow a vegan diet (no animal products or by-products at all [diary, etc]) and I can attest that you can absolutely bulk up. I started eating this way about the same time that I started working out a lot. Over a month, I had lost about ten pounds in fat and gained several in muscle, and I am really cut now. Mind you, it will take a while to get HUGE, if that's what you want, but it is certainly possible. The key is proper planning of the diet to fit your needs.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bling said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Pearl

Bill pearl was a lacto-ovo vegetarian
Lacto-ovo is different than being a vegan. You still got dairy (Milk) & eggs, meaning saturated fat which is good for cholesterol.

Bulking on a vegan diet? Possible, it's always about calories in the end.

But the same results as a vegan as someone who eats meat (example, someone on the Anabolic Diet): no.

Saturated fat & cholesterol raises testosteron levels. Abscence of saturated fat = low testosteron. Low testosteron = less muscles & less strength.

Respect to the personal convictions that all of us have hear. I have no problem with someone on a vegan diet. Just know that there are differences in results.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Suicide said:
I follow a vegan diet (no animal products or by-products at all [diary, etc]) and I can attest that you can absolutely bulk up. I started eating this way about the same time that I started working out a lot. Over a month, I had lost about ten pounds in fat and gained several in muscle, and I am really cut now. Mind you, it will take a while to get HUGE, if that's what you want, but it is certainly possible. The key is proper planning of the diet to fit your needs.
How did you do it? What foods do you eat? Where do you get protein? tofu, beans, nuts, veggies, but how do you make up what you lose in meat?

I wanna just put on some pounds and keep my current body fat (i started eating a lot healthier and I walk at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week). My abs don't show but you can easily feel them. I don't even do situps. (I don't care about abs, Im just giving you an idea of what my bodyfat is).
I'm roughly 150 @ 5'11", with clothes and shoes on.

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dot said:
How did you do it? What foods do you eat? Where do you get protein? tofu, beans, nuts, veggies, but how do you make up what you lose in meat?

I wanna just put on some pounds and keep my current body fat (i started eating a lot healthier and I walk at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week). My abs don't show but you can easily feel them. I don't even do situps. (I don't care about abs, Im just giving you an idea of what my bodyfat is).
I'm roughly 150 @ 5'11", with clothes and shoes on.
Again, proper planning is necessary. I simply usually replace all meat with tofu. Dairy is all total **** anyway, so I'm not concerned about it. You just have to make up the calories with extra non-animal foods.

I make sure to take an adequate multi-vitamin, and for an extra protein boost take a few doses of Isopure (even though it is a whey protein, I make the exception) like any other guy who's working out.

It's pretty easy, and you don't really have to eat the fake substitute stuff if you can cook. And you can find something to eat in most restaurants. I eat a bit of Chipotle because it's an easy and convenient vegan alternative when I'm out and about.