Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can we discuss paying all the bills?

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So...traditionally, as i understand it, the man pays for everything and the woman stays home and deals with that aspect and hopefully work out.

I would like her to work and have her cash so she can surprise me with a work out shirt at least.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So...traditionally, as i understand it, the man pays for everything and the woman stays home and deals with that aspect and hopefully work out.

I would like her to work and have her cash so she can surprise me with a work out shirt at least.
Huh?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like....how do you guys feel about paying for everuthing?
Man needs to be able to pay the bills. All of them. That's unfortunately what women expect. It is ingrained in them biologically. Think long and hard about the woman you choose to end up with. The more expensive her lifestyle, the less likely she is to stay with you if you can’t pay the bills.

Note that this applies to all women. Even women with careers that are “independent.” Yep, she still wants her man to be able to pay all the bills. In fact, it is so bad in 2023 that your money is her money and her money is also her money only (not yours). That is how delusional the female brain is.

Now, I don’t personally agree with this. And I suggest you make your woman work. She either needs to get a job or you can employ her in your business. This conversation is strictly about your ability to pay. If you can’t pay the bills, expect to be disrespected in the long run.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pay my bills. My lovers pay their bills. What's so complicated?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I pay for the mort/prop tax/insurance/utilities, she pays for most groceries and nights out. It's a fight to try and pay for the res. tab when we go out though. She always wants to pay. The GF also puts 500.00 a month in our joint account; which I never use. The main reason why I pay for the real estate stuff is, because it's my home. She's offered to help pay; I decline and do not need it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Man needs to be able to pay the bills. All of them. That's unfortunately what women expect. It is ingrained in them biologically. Think long and hard about the woman you choose to end up with. The more expensive her lifestyle, the less likely she is to stay with you if you can’t pay the bills.

Note that this applies to all women. Even women with careers that are “independent.” Yep, she still wants her man to be able to pay all the bills. In fact, it is so bad in 2023 that your money is her money and her money is also her money only (not yours). That is how delusional the female brain is.

Now, I don’t personally agree with this. And I suggest you make your woman work. She either needs to get a job or you can employ her in your business. This conversation is strictly about your ability to pay. If you can’t pay the bills, expect to be disrespected in the long run.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bills? You mean like rent and utilities? Obviously she pays for her own, if you live together (which is a bad idea) split it 50-50 unless she doesn't work and actually takes care of you and the kids and plays the her role and makes your life easier all around.

As far as paying for things like meals, drinks, etc surprisingly I find most women now will offer to split the bill or will even do so without asking. The last few women I was with probably paid at least 60% of the time for everything.

Don't expect me to be a "gentleman" and treat her special if she's not a traditional woman. You can't have both. You can't really force them to do anything, so choose the women who do what you like. Personally I wouldn't date a woman who doesn't pick up the tab on occassion, unless she's 10+ years younger than me or is otherwise truly "traditional" which is exceedingly rare.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a man in his mid 30s it just feels weird to expect a woman to pay when she hasn't even finished college...if she's 17-22 or so there's no way I'd feel okay with her paying unless it's 50-50.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok.
Right now im with a girl who wants me to be the traditional role and pay.
But...i cook and clean my self.
I eat my meals for my training
I do my own laundry and occassoonally pay dry cleaning.
Things i like to do for myself.

I dont want her to cook for me cuz i like what i eat.
Doing laundry and washing dishes is so quick and easy...hardly a chore. Again...i do for myself.

We are trying to get her pregnant.
So what is she really offering?
My home life is fine...i can hire a maid if i didnt want to clean myself.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if the bills are $2,000 per month-

You make $100,000 and she makes $60,000, both of you chip in $1,000?

Interesting…
The idea of splitting rent/bills based on income seems strange to me, would you do that with any other roommate? Unless you're only renting out a room to someone I've never heard of such a thing.

I would say if the guy is paying 70-30 on the bills, she better be 70-30 in terms of investment into the relationship, taking care of the home, whatever.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
As a man in his mid 30s it just feels weird to expect a woman to pay when she hasn't even finished college...if she's 17-22 or so there's no way I'd feel okay with her paying unless it's 50-50.
If you are dating some chick still in high school in your 30s, you got more issues than worrying about who pays a bill.