Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Buying Drinks

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This happened this past weekend. I’m with my guy friend who happens to be pretty well off financially. I do pretty good myself, just under 6 figures annually. But this guy enjoys buying women drinks, expensive ones at that. I’m personally not big on that, maybe a beer or a round of shots at the most. Anyway my friend and his other friend are chatting it up with 2 gorgeous women at the sports bar we were at for a boxing match, doing what he does, buying them their top shelf drinks and food. Which puts me off so I don’t partake and ultimately didn’t get anything out of it. My friend argues that I’m shooting myself in the foot when I do that. That it makes me look cheap and no fun. I didn’t think so but seems like he does well with women when he does that.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what's going on, but it might be that your friend is a happy guy and is putting out those vibes and people enjoy being around him for that reason. If you don't feel comfortable buying something for strangers, then don't, it's completely understandable.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At what cost? How do you know he's sleeping with them?
I take his word for it.
I don't know exactly what's going on, but it might be that your friend is a happy guy and is putting out those vibes and people enjoy being around him for that reason. If you don't feel comfortable buying something for strangers, then don't, it's completely understandable.
He is. He's the guy you want around when you're out because he's a happy dude but when he shows me his tab at the end of the night, I can't help but SMH.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's buying their attention or the intro at the most. By getting his foot in the door, he might be further be able to charm them and score. He probably see's it as the price of admission. It's like having a golf hobby and paying for entrance fee but doesn't guarantee you'll do good in the game. Picking up women in bars is his hobby and he's just seeing it as a price of admission.

Next time, have him buy all the drinks and you can swoop in after the intro and try to get with one of the girls.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's buying their attention or the intro at the most. By getting his foot in the door, he might be further be able to charm them and score. He probably see's it as the price of admission. It's like having a golf hobby and paying for entrance fee but doesn't guarantee you'll do good in the game. Picking up women in bars is his hobby and he's just seeing it as a price of admission.

Next time, have him buy all the drinks and you can swoop in after the intro and try to get with one of the girls.
Very good interpretation. You gotta pay to play. Which is why offered a bit of background that he does very well financially so it's probably the norm or nothing to him to throw down a couple hundred on women he doesn't even know.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good interpretation. You gotta pay to play. Which is why offered a bit of background that he does very well financially so it's probably the norm or nothing to him to throw down a couple hundred on women he doesn't even know.
Yeah if I didn't have kids or a lot of other responsibilities, I'd be ok throwing $ down on $15-20 drinks but I start sweating even on the $12 drinks. LOL

Just paid $3500 on one of my kid's summer camps as a reference... Gotta save where I can.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that is not your style then stay away from him when you are meeting women.

My philosophy on buying women drinks...

The purpose of buying someone a drink is to have the exclusive access to them and their attention. Same reason we take clients to lunch...FACE TIME....

Sending12 shots to the bachelorette party that just stumbled in is not going to work in your favor so do the rest of us a favor and knock that crap off...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The purpose of buying someone a drink is to have the exclusive access to them and their attention. Same reason we take clients to lunch...FACE TIME....
Exactly.
Jaymbrs, just curious. Is your friend in sales or like an account or client manager?

Serenity

Reaction score
Buying drinks for women to get their attention, big no no. The free drink shouldn't be making the difference. I would only ever buy a woman a drink if I already have her attention and we've already had something good going for a little while, if I feel like being generous at that moment in time. I'm not totally opposed to buying the occasional drink for someone, but never in the way your friend does it.

Reward good behavior, don't give the reward in hopes of getting good behavior in return.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly.
Jaymbrs, just curious. Is your friend in sales or like an account or client manager?
He is in sales.
If a women really likes you (For whatever reason; lets say she think you're hot/cute), then she will use her money and buy you drinks..
Been there done that many times.
No need to buy chicks drinks. I never do it.
I used to see it this way and have had women buy me a drink but when you're in a room full of other men who are as attractive as you, something needs to be done in order to stick out. My friend doing what he does helps him out it seems.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is in sales.
No wonder. Sales guys do the best with women as it's the same as closing on anything they're selling. Plus don't be surprised if he's writing off his expenses or getting reimbursed by mis-reporting it.

Serenity

Reaction score
If a women really likes you (For whatever reason; lets say she think you're hot/cute), then she will use her money and buy you drinks..
Been there done that many times.
No need to buy chicks drinks. I never do it.
Drinks are practically free in Denmark, if a woman in Norway buys me a drink she's basically ready to fvck because those ain't cheap up here.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No wonder. Sales guys do the best with women as it's the same as closing on anything they're selling. Plus don't be surprised if he's writing off his expenses or getting reimbursed by mis-reporting it.
Interesting observation. He could very well be doing that. Damn now I'm thinking this guy is a bit a fraud.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, selling uses the exactly the same principles as when you attempting to score at the local club.
Rejections don't matter, end result does.

The only difference is that the only product you're selling is yourself, but heck you do that in real sales too, (product/yourself/company).

Billtx49

Reaction score
Interesting observation. He could very well be doing that. Damn now I'm thinking this guy is a bit a fraud.
A man selling himself is not fraudulent, but this brings up the all important point that any man wanting to get women should learn professional sales theory and implementation even if he’s not employed in the sales field…

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A man selling himself is not fraudulent, but this brings up the all important point that any man wanting to get women should learn professional sales theory and implementation even if he’s not employed in the sales field…
I meant from the aspect of him dropping all this cash. He could very well be expensing these things.