Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Business Cards

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently experimented with something I was always curious about which was to hand out my business card to women I'm interested in. I want to report back that out of the 5 women I gave cards to after brief conversations, none of them called. I had a friend as a witness tell me he thought my approaches were good and the women looked interested. So if you're thinking of doing this, I recommend you don't.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Handing out cards with your contact information doesn't amount to anything. You need to collect their contact info.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can certainly ask but women provide numbers.
Might as well give them your balls along with the card.

“Call me maybe”
Carly Rae Jepsen

Billtx49

Reaction score
If you have an impressive job title business card for her viewing pleasure, the only way you might use it is hand it to her like it’s all you have for to write on, with your pen.
‘Put your number on the back’
Subliminal status advertising …

pranshu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did the same in one of my approaches...not business card per se but I gave her my number as my hands were dirty...no response..

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have an impressive job title business card for her viewing pleasure, the only way to use it is hand it to her like it’s all you have for to write on, with your pen.
‘Put your number on the back’
Subliminal status advertising …
I kinda do and thought it would help to see it. Kinda like proof I'm "kind of a big deal". But still didn't work. Oh well, I'm not losing sleep over it.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did this once right after thanksgiving where a girl approached me at a rave. I didn't have my phone on me and was not even remotely sober, but had my work card in my wallet and gave her that which had my cell and email. She's been a fwb ever since. Don't think it would have worked unless she approached me though.

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nice experiment. if a girl is not interested, there is nothing you can do to make her interested. for the girls who never called you, if you had got their number instead, this is how the conversation would have gone:
you: "hi it's me jason"
her: "who is jason?"
you: "the guy you met at the bar, remember?"
her: blocked
the point is, it doesn't matter if you get her number, if you give her your number, if you get her business card, if you give her your business card, she was never interested. she was just wasting your time.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. Handing out cards with your contact information doesn't amount to anything. You need to collect their contact info.
100% This

Take it from me, I been in business for a long ass time and had business cards for years.. Business cards means jack**** to a woman.. Women look for guys who are interested in them to actually ASK their PHONE NUMBER.. When you give her a business card, a woman does not know what to do with it.. She might keep it or just throw it away.. but it has nothing to do with attraction or connection to you. Idk if this is becuase womens brains are not wired to using business cards since most business card sht happens between men...

That or you have to be a mega chad for a girl to just want to hit you up cuz u handed her a business card lol

has it worked sometimes? yes, but you still have to put forth effort , and leave a lasting impression. I mean think about this, ive had girls that I KNOW like me not call me while having my business card.. only until I ASKED their number, did any text/phone communication begin.

Hats off to you though, good thread topic.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Handing a woman your business card confuses them. They don't know if you are interested. Much better to ask for her number then try to make a date... that way there is no confusion.

I have a drawer full of business cards that I have never followed up with.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Handing a woman your business card confuses them. They don't know if you are interested. Much better to ask for her number then try to make a date... that way there is no confusion.
Yes. I'll add one tangential point to this.

Trying to get dates at business networking type events also confuses women.

I've found that women at business networking events also tend to be way into business mode and not open to finding new dates at those events. Additionally, a lot of women who go to business networking type events are more careerist too, which makes them more combative and not as good of a girlfriend prospect.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. I'll add one tangential point to this.

Trying to get dates at business networking type events also confuses women.

I've found that women at business networking events also tend to be way into business mode and not open to finding new dates at those events. Additionally, a lot of women who go to business networking type events are more careerist too, which makes them more combative and not as good of a girlfriend prospect.
I’ve been to more of these recently as a single guy and realized this as well. No one is there to talk about anything other than the event or their jobs.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if someone tried both. Here’s my idea: Write down her number on your card, and hand her another card. Put the slightest, SLIGHTEST amount of your cologne on the card.
Perhaps engaging her sense of smell might cause her to be more receptive to your next contact with her.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if someone tried both. Here’s my idea: Write down her number on your card, and hand her another card. Put the slightest, SLIGHTEST amount of your cologne on the card.
Perhaps engaging her sense of smell might cause her to be more receptive to your next contact with her.
I call that an even number trade with an edge. Many studies report that a females olfactory senses are much higher than a mans, so it’s a good bet she doesn’t miss any lingering cologne the next day or two in her purse and remembers your encounter …

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently experimented with something I was always curious about which was to hand out my business card to women I'm interested in. I want to report back that out of the 5 women I gave cards to after brief conversations, none of them called. I had a friend as a witness tell me he thought my approaches were good and the women looked interested. So if you're thinking of doing this, I recommend you don't.
Change the job title on the business card from "Toilet cleaner at McDonald's" to "CEO of TCAM"

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make your own personal consulting card with a unique www.address. Build that website with a mind towards projecting high value.

Good references quotes, professional pictures, photos of big impressive buildings or grounds. Show them you are respected in your field.

Alternmately do that with your hobby that is your passion. Sports or other competitive interests you have at a high level.

Writers, have a page with links to excerpts from your book. Even if it is a self published at Kinko's and you sell it on Amazon....

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with this and funny story to tell. When I first moved to SoCal after living in New York much of my life, I was at the beach and approached by a man who asked me if I wanted to go out on his boat. Since he was a stranger, I politely declined and he gave me his number and asked me to call him!

This was so different from how the men in New York behaved (asking ME for MY number), I was pretty shocked and my first words (being the ever so outspoken woman that I am lol) were (in my own girly way lol) "Hey wait a second! Shouldn't it be the other way around? Like you should be asking me for my number?"

Anyway, that got us talking about where I'm from and my expectations in that regard.

Anyway, it was a funny moment and we were both laughing about it.

But yeah for the most part agree with above quoted. It's conditioning really, what women have been conditioned to expect.

It's not black and white, I know women who actually prefer to take a man's number and have the ball be in her court as to when (or if) to call.

I can see their point too.
How did that interaction go? Did you call him? Did you go on the boat?