Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Burn After Reading (2008) and Masculinity

inquisitor

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is definitely a very overlooked understanding of this awesome movie, so I highly recommend watching the Coen brothers' Burn After Reading (2008), a spy black comedy thriller.

And from what you will see online, it's not about Trump, or a satire of CIA.

I propose that it is about gynocentrism. The Coen brothers have masterfully applied the implications of a female-driven, male-weakened world - where the men's decisions are entirely irrational, all ultimately for blind and utterly complete fulfillment of the women's goals - in a film cleverly disguised as a spy thriller about an ex-CIA analyst.

There is the one main takeaway, the gist, the overarching theme that binds this seemingly disparate film: weakened masculine identity in the 21st century.

I'm thoroughly surprised how no one has made this hypothesis yet, and I really hope you see the film to better understand what I'm talking about. Or read the plot, but that steals away the fear, excitement, and stakes.

This post is also made in honor of the 13th anniversary of the film's premiere at the Venice Film Festival this August 27. Or some sh't.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This movie was really great.

Once the sex machine comes out I mean the theme is on full display.

It's one of those movies you have to watch over and over, I've saw it like 8 times and I still marvel at it